DVDVR Message Board

E3 2019 THREAD

RIPPA

There is also of course the eternal rumor that GTA 6 (or more likely, Bully 2) is going to be a huge surprise reveal.  

If my (and your) pants fly off during the day some time that week, you'll know why. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Apparently Bethesda isn't showing anything of either Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield so, uh... looking forward to that conference.

This was obvious to any sane person. Elder Scrolls 6 isn't being worked on beside jotting down ideas, and Starfield has only just started voice casting. 2020 is the earliest its coming out.

Edited by Eivion

32 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This was obvious to any sane person. Elder Scrolls 6 isn't being worked on beside jotting down ideas, and Starfield has only just started voice casting. 2020 is the earliest its coming out.

They've been doing a lot of work on Fallout 76, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually added NPCs into the base game, and made it into a more traditional Fallout game.  

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

They've been doing a lot of work on Fallout 76, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually added NPCs into the base game, and made it into a more traditional Fallout game.  

The next DLC is Nuclear Wasteland and Vaults raids. The former is like a battle royale mode. Wastelanders in the Fall is likely the big one bringing about changes like NPC involvement going off of the title and comments about factions and how big a change to the main story it will be. Hazarding a guess it will be a re-population story line based off the 76 vault dwellers ending the big threat that screwed over WV in. I'm not sure we will get much on it though I'm hoping otherwise.

Pretty sure the only team working on 76 at this point is Bethesda Austin. They were the poor bastards left to fix the shit the other studios didn't bother with when the game was being worked on. The other studios I believe are focused mainly on Starfield and maybe ES Blades. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Cyberpunk won't be coming out for another 23 years and they had 40 minutes of gameplay a year ago, but okay. Starfield has been in the think tank for at least, what, three years?

There is absolutely no reason for them to be having a conference with neither of these things to show, especially with how toxic things have got with their fans in the last year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Cyberpunk won't be coming out for another 23 years and they had 40 minutes of gameplay a year ago, but okay. Starfield has been in the think tank for at least, what, three years?

There is absolutely no reason for them to be having a conference with neither of these things to show, especially with how toxic things have got with their fans in the last year.

I think Starfield has been in the think tank for nearly a decade. Beyond that do have a lot more studios under them than the ones we know for Elder Scrolls and Fallout. They do have other games to sell.

Edited by Eivion

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Phil Spencer tweeted that Microsoft will be showing 14 games from internal studios at their press conference

3 of them will be Forza, Gears 5, and Halo Infinite I'm guessing. I'm sure they'll count a Sea of Thieves expansion as one.

Yeah - Outer Worlds, the Avengers & Cyberpunk are all I'm looking forward to in the next year or two. Those three games are really the only ones that'll get me to hook my up Xbox One again instead of playing my Super Nintendo.

None of those are exclusives to Sony, right? I'm going to be really upset if any of them are.

30 minutes ago, Casey said:

None of those are exclusives to Sony, right? I'm going to be really upset if any of them are.

No, why would they be? Only Outer Worlds would have had that possibility and even that isn't exclusive due to Obsidian working on it before they were bought out.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Thanks to another Ubisoft leak - Watch Dogs 3 (which will be called Watch Dogs Legion) will be shown at the show

https://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-legion-leaks-will-let-you-play-as-any-npc-1835218378

That sounds overly ambitious.   It will probably get reeled in at some point.  

I would imagine that there are probably twenty or so NPCs that are available for player use.  There's no way that they have dialogue options open for every pixel you meet in the sandbox.

I'm digging that the game is set in London, but I am not digging the probability that I will end up playing as Aiden Pearce or some other American protagonist.

I can't wait to see gameplay footage and note whether or not they paid attention to traffic patterns and that the driver's side is on the left in the UK.

Watch Dogs 2 was a marked improvement over the first game, so I am hopeful that Legion will continue that trend.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, RIPPA said:

Microsoft owns Obsidian now (who is making Outer Worlds) so I think that one is safe

Hey, if Microsoft owns Obsidian then maybe they'll buy the rights to Alpha Protocol from Sega and release a sequel?  NOT~!

I'm looking forward to E3 though I only get really excited for a couple AAA games each year.  Every year, there's a big budget samurai/Dark Souls game to get me excited.  I'm really into PS3 games right now.  For current gen, Switch and the indy scene get most of my money and attention.  Most PS4 releases that get me hyped are From Software productions.

Heard a rumor that a Switch version of Oni and the Blind Forest is likely to be announced.  I'm down with that.

Really looking forward to Limited Run Games presser.  They're supposed to announce the remaining games on their Vita release schedule.  

Can someone remind me what the big budget samurai game they showed at last year's E3 was?  Shadows Over...?  Memories of....?  It and Sekiro really caught my attention last year, but now I can't remember the name of the game and my guesses are apparently too far off for Google to be much help. 

44 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Can someone remind me what the big budget samurai game they showed at last year's E3 was?  Shadows Over...?  Memories of....?  It and Sekiro really caught my attention last year, but now I can't remember the name of the game and my guesses are apparently too far off for Google to be much help. 

I think you are mixing up Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice with Ghost of Tsushima.

• Thanks 1