Bethesda - Sunday, June 9, 8:30 PM EST, 5:30 PM PT

Ubisoft - Monday, June 10, 4 PM EST, 1 PM PT

Square Enix - Monday, June 10, 9 PM EST, 6 PM PT

Nintendo - Tuesday, June 11, 11 AM EST, 9 AM PT

EA and Sony have announced they are skipping this year

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Lord - I can only imagine the dumpster fire if EA was there this year

"We will be taking no questions after our presentation."

I can't believe that EA would not take this time to try to get some public goodwill and try to recover from the Anthem debacle by showcasing Star Wars:  Jedi Fallen Order at E3.  

The company is run by idiots.

Edited by J.T.

Well technically they will be there as they are doing that EA Play thing again.

They just won't be doing a press conference

But rather than leading with a press conference, EA has announced it will skip the conference this year, instead replacing it "with multiple live streams that will air during the first two days of the event." According to the EA, the intention is to offer more gameplay to viewers, as well as more "insights from the teams making the games.

EA Play fanfest will be held on June 8 and 9, where attendees will be able to go hands-on with a lineup of unannounced games, while live streams will broadcast from the "Creator's Cave" at the Hollywood Palladium.

While EA did not say which games will be available to play, the free event will offer hands on and "exclusive content from some of the most popular creators in the world.

So shitshow potential remains high

Sony skipping E3 will probably become a more regular thing.  It would be smarter and more cost effective to put their weight behind the Tokyo Game Show.

• Like 1

You're going to see more and more companies skip out on E3 to just put on their own shows around or at the same time. I don't think E3 is long for this world.

Bethesda unveiling Doom Eternal this year at E3 is probably the worst kept gaming secret in the world.

Mick Gordon has been like I AM HARD AT WORK ON THE SOUNDTRACK, GUYS~! since last July.

Edited by J.T.

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Didn't they announce Doom Eternal last year? Not sure it was being kept a secret.

They did. It was either before or after the horrific Andrew WK concert that they thought was a good idea to put on.

And the Doom Eternal reveal was really awesome. The moment that grindy guitar riff plays...instant pop.

Edited by Craig H

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Didn't they announce Doom Eternal last year? Not sure it was being kept a secret.

Well not so much a secret as it is the worst hushed game to not be so worked on in a hushed manner.

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

You're going to see more and more companies skip out on E3 to just put on their own shows around or at the same time. I don't think E3 is long for this world.

i feel like this gets repeated every year.

not that it's not true, as E3 continues to matter, but in the 24/7 internet age, it really is already past its prime.

I cannot even imagine how the Bethesda conference goes well. I mean, obviously I want to see something of Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield but after the last 12 months that company has had I have no expectation of being blown away.

Ubisoft's show last year was actually super entertaining and I am hoping for more of the same. They know how to do big shows well.

I kind of want Nintendo to troll people again by doing the same bit from last year where they just announce patch notes for 25 minutes. If they drop a new Metroid game they might win E3 by default.

Over/under on "world exclusives" or whatever Microsoft is calling them this year that are not actually exclusives at all: 9.5

Ubi owes me a Watch Dogs 3, but I probably won't get it anytime soon.

I am hankering to be a Khajiit assassin again so any ES6 news from Bethesda would be welcomed, especially if it is set in Elsweyr.  

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I cannot even imagine how the Bethesda conference goes well. I mean, obviously I want to see something of Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield but after the last 12 months that company has had I have no expectation of being blown away.

I don't see them giving away information for ES6 or Starfield. The former hasn't begun production while the latter is probably still a year away. The only game from BGS they will likely be talking about is the bigger DLC from FO76 and maybe something about their mobile games. Otherwise its probably safe to assume everything else will be about games coming from their other studios.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:38 PM, RIPPA said:

Is there a system they haven't announced Skyrim for?

I feel like Todd won this game after the Alexa video and subsequent release last year.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, Gonzo said:

Pip-Boy

You joke but give it time. I'm sure at some point we either get some version of Skyrim in either in game on the pipboy or one of the future Fallout releases that gives out pipboys. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, RIPPA said:

Well technically they will be there as they are doing that EA Play thing again.

They just won't be doing a press conference

So shitshow potential remains high

The trailer for SW: Jedi Fallen Order is up on YouTube.

EA not doing a full presser to pimp this game and try to recoup some goodwill after the Anthem shitshow further convinces me that the company is run by drooling retard dumbasses.

Unless this game is demo ready for EA Play, which it probably isn't.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The trailer for SW: Jedi Fallen Order is up on YouTube.

EA not doing a full presser to pimp this game and try to recoup some goodwill after the Anthem shitshow further convinces me that the company is run by drooling retard dumbasses.

Unless this game is demo ready for EA Play, which it probably isn't.

A SW game built by the Titanfall people... Ok, I'll give that a shot.  It can't be worse than the Battlefront games.