DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV SHOW (05/08/19) - Spoiler Free

RIPPA

Moss vs Mendoza is a head scratcher. They're both these kinda/sorta NXT jobbers so two jobbers facing each other just makes me think someone is going to break the match up. Either that or they're higher on Moss than I thought.

13 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

This will be Moss's return to TV after being out for over a year, and it's iffy if partner Tino will ever be back, so they could be setting up a push for him.

Holy shit, it's been that long already? I was thinking about his injury, but it didn't feel like it was that long ago. Time flies too fast.

Yim/Belair had some nice enough moments, but Yim seemed to be slowing down a bit much towards the end. I dug the finish.

Moss/Mendoza was solid. Not sure about Moss's new gimmick, but he is giving it his all.

Wasn't all there mentally for Cole/Riddle. Had some nice stuff, but these are two guys I don't usually care for on their own so its hard for me to get super invested even when they do good work together.

Edited by Eivion

Another good episode.

Moss/Mendoza was incredibly fun. Moss seems to be having way more fun with his new gimmick and it shows.

Very good main event. Strong did everything right, can't throw a bro under the bus for that, Cole.

Edited by turk128
  • Like 2

I haven't really been able to get behind Mia since she has been signed. She doesnt really have any momentum and I cringe at her character work. I feel the 1st encounter between Bianca and Mia was better, but the finish made Mia look better here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want a hair vs. hair match for the blowoff of Bianca/Mia.

If not that, then Duke and Shafir restraining Bianca as Shayna cuts her hair.

I was thinking the exact thing! Both are so conscientious with their hair.

Bring back Carmela for a cameo to cut the loser.

• Like 2

Moss has leaned out significantly and I like the Masters/Simon Dean gimmick. Look forward to watching him progress - plenty to work with there. Having him lose so convincingly in his repackaged debut was weird though, he should be steam rolling dudes like Mendoza. 

Riddle/Cole was excellent.