DVDVR Message Board

A General Grand Theft Auto Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I am torn.  As much as I would love to play those games in a remastered format, there is no way I am going to put myself through the fuckwittery of bullshit missions and side gigs like Wrong Side of the Tracks or Checkpoint Charlie ever ever again.

Completing the Coyote Cross Country Triathlon is forty minutes of my life that I will never get back.

I'm hoping that the "new" controls fix the issues I had with Vice City.  I enjoyed the heck out of that one until I got to a mission - was it a remote control helicopter or drone or something? - where the controls were just...horrible.  Got highly frustrated with it and that was that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I'm hoping that the "new" controls fix the issues I had with Vice City.  I enjoyed the heck out of that one until I got to a mission - was it a remote control helicopter or drone or something? - where the controls were just...horrible.  Got highly frustrated with it and that was that.

Zero's RC missions from SA nearly drove me to alcoholism.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am torn.  As much as I would love to play those games in a remastered format, there is no way I am going to put myself through the fuckwittery of bullshit missions and side gigs like Wrong Side of the Tracks or Checkpoint Charlie ever ever again.

All you had to do was follow the damn train.

• Haha 5

I loved the soundtrack so much in Vice City that I will probably play that again just so I can could actually finish it this time

(III is the only one I have actually finished despite all the time I have put into the games)

• Like 1

Yeah, SA definitely needs to shitcan the physical fitness stuff.  I hated not being able to do some of the romance missions because I wasn't anorexic or morbidly obese.  Getting in shape or letting yourself go to shit was wretchedly time consuming.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

They implemented "mission skip" and "retry" mechanics in the mobile versions, so the thought is we'll have them here.  Can't shoot the Ballas off the train after three tries?  Fuck it, move on.  As an old-ass man with a kid, a job, and not a lot of time to play games, I really appreciate the concessions being made to casuals. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

GAH!  The mission where you fly the RC copter around the construction site?  AND it's a timed mission?  Horrible.  Timed missions and missions where you're underwater with no breathing apparatus are the banes of my existence. 

I am ready to let Fernando Martinez back into my life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

GAH!  The mission where you fly the RC copter around the construction site?  AND it's a timed mission?  Horrible.  Timed missions and missions where you're underwater with no breathing apparatus are the banes of my existence. 

Yes, that's the one!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

Yes, that's the one!

Aw.  I actually like that one.  Maybe the only GTA RC vehicle mission I don’t hate. 

of course it may just be the one NPC that shouts “Crush!  Kill!  Demolish!” In that mission.  I’m easily amused. 

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

They implemented "mission skip" and "retry" mechanics in the mobile versions, so the thought is we'll have them here.  Can't shoot the Ballas off the train after three tries?  Fuck it, move on.  As an old-ass man with a kid, a job, and not a lot of time to play games, I really appreciate the concessions being made to casuals. 

I am a self flagellating hardcore gamer.  I would never quit a mission.

It is my blessing.  It is my curse.

18 hours ago, Tabe said:

16 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I am ready to let Fernando Martinez back into my life. 

14 hours ago, Tabe said:

Yes, that's the one!

Demolition Man (my Sister passed it for me). The only Demolition Man (1993):

R.146b5d7c6d135dd0d60487621803f0af?rik=z

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

I platinummed San Andreas on PS4 (the old version, that just got pulled off the PSN Store). You didn't need to 100% it to get every trophy. You didn't even need to 100% any of the collectables, let alone all of them. I never bothered with Horseshoes or Graffitti.

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

I platinummed San Andreas on PS4 (the old version, that just got pulled off the PSN Store). You didn't need to 100% it to get every trophy. You didn't even need to 100% any of the collectables, let alone all of them. I never bothered with Horseshoes or Graffitti.

I went after all of the horseshoes.  It was free money.  Horseshoes were also the only way to raise your Luck stat.

I think pigeon murder in GTA4 was the most annoying collectable bullshit.

Edited by J.T.

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am a self flagellating hardcore gamer.  I would never quit a mission.

It is my blessing.  It is my curse.

You really need to start having more respect for your time

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You really need to start having more respect for your time

Quitting would be disrespecting my time since I am a completionist.

I do have my limits though, like playing ME on Insanity.  Fuck that.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Quitting would be disrespecting my time since I am a completionist.

I do have my limits though, like playing ME on Insanity.  Fuck that.

Below is a complete, lifetime list of games I've played on anything higher than normal difficulty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So they've added a few more temporary things to GTA online for Halloween, including killer clowns armed with knives.  Also, Christine has been making appearances, and if the videos online are any indication seems to share my feelings about how to deal with car meets.

15 hours ago, Robert C said:

Below is a complete, lifetime list of games I've played on anything higher than normal difficulty:

I've only ever beaten two games on hard difficulty: Infamous and Infamous 2.  Both games dynamically adjust their difficulty and go up to hard while playing on normal anyway.  And hard ... isn't.  Hard barely feels like normal, to be honest.  So, yeah, two.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:03 AM, J.T. said:

I went after all of the horseshoes.  It was free money.  Horseshoes were also the only way to raise your Luck stat.

I think pigeon murder in GTA4 was the most annoying collectable bullshit.

A lot easier way to make money in SA is to got to a OTB shop (there's one in downtown Los Santos close a safehouse) and put all your money on the horse with the worst odds.  If you lose, reload your last save.  You can get $25 million in 20-30 minutes.

• Like 2

I'd love to know what everybody here's favorite GTA game of that generation is.  I see so many people on the GTA reddit who like San Andreas the most but that's probably my least favorite of the three so I wonder if I'm just an outlier here.  I didn't like San Andreas' RPG elements and the gang warfare was such a chore that every time one of my territories was under attack, I skipped it by saving (which kept the territory yours and voided the attack).  The county car races were a massive pain in the ass, too.

• Like 1