DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/17/19

*Taped for Xplosion: The Rascalz def. oVe (Dave & Jake Crist)

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 17, 2019 from Philadelphia, PA

*Knockouts Battle Royal featuring Tessa Blanchard, Madison Rayne, Kiera Hogan, Jordynne Grace, Alisha Edwards, Scarlett Bordeaux, Karissa Rivera, Ashley Vox, Solo Darling, & Tasha Steelz. Taya Valkyrie interferes to eliminate Madison Rayne. In the end, Tessa Blanchard eliminates Kiera Hogan but then Glenn Gilbertti jumps in from commentary and eliminates Tessa to win the battle royal.

*Rosemary def. Su Yung after the Red Wedding in a Demon Collar match. After the match, Rosemary dragged Su to the back with the collar.

*Madman Fulton (w/ Sami Callihan) def. a local wrestler in a squash.

*Killer Kross def. Eddie Edwards after the Doomsday Saito. After the match, Kross ties Eddie up in the ropes and goes to use Kenny the kendo stick but instead, he breaks it in half.

*Rich Swann def. Michael Elgin via DQ when Elgin hit the referee. After the match, Elgin looked to further attack Swann but Willie Mack ran out for the save. Johnny Impact then ran out and attacked Mack.

Edited by DreamBroken

The silver lining that keeps me from bitching is it pretty much guarantees Tessa is going to kick his ass in a one-on-one match. It also continues the face turn for her and eventual title program vs. Taya.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a two hour show, and 45 minutes in, the men's division has only featured in one two minute segment. The Battle Royal featured a whole lot of non contract wrestlers, but none of them got jobbed out and eliminated right away. They all got a bit of shine first. Gilberti winning, that's just to use him as a time filler to explain why Tessa isn't in the title picture.

Rosemary vs Su bought the physical intensity in the chain match. Someone was bleeding at the end, but I couldn't tell who. I don't think this story ends here though.

Kross and Edwards was an intense one too. They balanced the wrestling and the fighting nicely. Looked like we were getting a reprise of Raven's crucifixion chairshot deal at the end there, but he went for the psychological torment instead.

Was not a fan of the Rascalz training montage, tbh. But the bonus match was LAX vs OGz concrete jungle (jipped and clipped, but a lot of it) and that fit in with the violence theme pretty well.

Haven't watched the main event yet.

• Like 1

They must have had a hard time getting footage from this taping because the last 25 minutes of this show was about 23 minutes of commercials.   They didn't even get the finish of Elgin vs Swann.  Just a barrage of knife and fishing lure commercials.    Nobody told to put their bra on like last time this shit happened.  ?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Pursuit network fucked up, going to commercial during the main event and never coming back. I believe the match was shown proper on the Twitch broadcast. I'll try and catch the replay there next week.

Really dug Rosemary/Su. Could've gone for more as it wasn't very long but it was fast paced and violent, felt like the match them two have teased for a year or so now.  Battle royal was a lot of fun til the end. Good to see some of the extras thrown in like Ashley Vox and Solo Darling get a little shine. the Moose/North segment had me thinking I'd enjoy a Moose/RVD match. Kross/Edwards a solid little match as well, I like that pairing as a feud and hope Impact and Kross get things sorted out.

• Like 1

I tried to watch this but I got a blank screen showing that Pursuit is no longer available on UVerse. I don't see anything indicating that it's been removed except one post on the AT&T support boards so who knows what happened.

• Sad 1

Callis / Gilberti were great on commentary during the Battle Royale, regardless of your opinion Disco I think everyone wants to see Tessa kick his ass.

I really liked the Rascalz montage. It fits their personality perfectly and spoofed all those ‘Rocky Steps’ promos that 99% of promotions would do if they went to Philly.

I enjoyed Kross v Edwards for what it was as well and looking forward to see where that goes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I really liked the Rascalz montage. It fits their personality perfectly and spoofed all those ‘Rocky Steps’ promos that 99% of promotions would do if they went to Philly.

SCU did the Rocky Steps promo on the build up to All In. So they just did this, to build for Double or Nothing:

EDIT: Finished watching the show. Swann and Elgin had a PPV Main Event level match before the not-finish. If that's not TV Wrestling Match of the Week, I don't know what is. But this was outstanding.

Edited by AxB

On 5/17/2019 at 11:59 PM, hammerva said:

They must have had a hard time getting footage from this taping because the last 25 minutes of this show was about 23 minutes of commercials.   They didn't even get the finish of Elgin vs Swann.  Just a barrage of knife and fishing lure commercials.    Nobody told to put their bra on like last time this shit happened.  ?

I was gonna make a similar joke but I didn’t know how many people would remember the last time