DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] MAY 2019 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

TV Taping tonight

I would figure the tag title situation would be resolved - especially since the WWE social media suddenly started promoting how War Raiders were undefeated in NXT yesterday

Guest Edwin

I'll be at FS tonight, so I'll post spoilers here from FS with whatever noteworthy occurs there.

This isn't really a spoiler just that they have moved the June Takeover that was supposed to be with Backlash up until May.

It is either now paired with Money in the Bank or the week after (they haven't announced the official date or location yet)

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This isn't really a spoiler just that they have moved the June Takeover that was supposed to be with Backlash up until May.

It is either now paired with Money in the Bank or the week after (they haven't announced the official date or location yet)

They said it was in 2 weeks, so regardless if they actually meant 2 weeks or 3 weeks, its going to paired with Money in the Bank.

For the love of God, if you are a Full Sail regular, please PLEASE stop the "Bugenhagen" chants in between every segment and match. Its beyond annoying and unfunny.

Edited by Edwin

Takeover is June 1st, location to be announced Monday.  The main roster is doing house shows in Texas that weekend so this probably won't be tied to any main roster show.

Edited by nofuture
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Edwin
Spoiler

Shane Strickland and Trevor Lee made their Full Sail debuts in a dark match Lee won.

The Viking Raiders/Street Profits II was short and underwhelming as there was a bunch of run ins. The Viking Raiders vacated the titles and got their sendoff after the match.

It seems like Breeze has been sent down to NXT.

Gulak/KUSHIDA was a underwhelming given the parties involved. And as good as KUSHIDA/Ohno from this weeks TV was, KUSHIDA/Strong from the live event last week was still much better.

3.0 also made their debut and got stiffed pretty badly by the EU.

Street Profits/1-2/Forgotten Sons/TUE, Gargano/Cole II, Shayna/Io and Dream/Breeze for TakeOver. Either Gargano/Cole or the 4 way will be a ladder match.

Edited by Edwin

So I assume Dijakovic 

Spoiler

is being punished for those tweets from last month if Breeze is getting the NA title shot. Kind of disappointing. Feels like he was really starting to hit his stride. On the other hand I'm pretty damn happy for Breeze/Dream.

Edited by Eivion

I forgot at the time I was posting that the week after Money in the Bank is Memorial Day weekend - so it makes sense they aren't doing Takeover that week

Guest Edwin
28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And Meltzer confirmed that that was an official move for the person from the main roster to NXT

Spoiler

Did he mention anything about Gulak? Was just a one off match against KUSHIDA or will he be doing double duty -- 205 Live and NXT like Lorcan?

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

So I assume Dijakovic 

Reveal hidden contents

is being punished for those tweets from last month if Breeze is getting the NA title shot. Kind of disappointing. Feels like he was really starting to hit his stride. On the other hand I'm pretty damn happy for Breeze/Dream.

Assuming it was his idea then he absolutely should be punished.  Sending a tweet like that to three national leaders is a horrible idea and even though he's good he could use some extra time to let it blow over.

Besides, we're getting Dream vs. Breeze which is going to be one of my favorite feuds this year.

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

Full Sail tickets are selling out faster than before now.

I'm lucky enough to loop in and get them always.

Just got my tickets for the post TakeOver June 12 and June 13 tapings.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, nofuture said:

Meltzer is saying that Takeover will either be in Bridgeport, CT or Atlanta.

Per the radio show this morning - Dave said it appears it will be Bridgeport but that is not official