DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Listening to the show and he is looking at it from a practical point. Ryan is worthless and can only bring the value down. You do gotta credit him for being a clever pervert. He has a spot where he gets hot young women to grab his dick.

He also has the Boobplex. Which is a German Suplex, only with a higher waistlock. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

If Moxley shows up in AEW I'd like to see some stable of Him, Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allin maybe add a lady and Dustin and feud with Cody.

Mrs. Jimmy Havoc, Priscilla Kelly would be perfect for that.

2 hours ago, Victator said:

You do gotta credit him for being a clever pervert. He has a spot where he gets hot young women to grab his dick.

TIL Candice LeRae is a fucking pervert because she had a move on the indies she did called the Ballsplex. Also, the majority of the time when Joey Ryan hits that "move", a guy is the one taking it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

TIL Candice LeRae is a fucking pervert because she had a move on the indies she did called the Ballsplex. Also, the majority of the time when Joey Ryan hits that "move", a guy is the one taking it. 

"If I let 200 guys touch my dick, maybe a hot chick will touch my dick" sounds like the premise to the shittiest 80s teen comedy ever. 

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

45 minutes ago, Casey said:

TIL Candice LeRae is a fucking pervert because she had a move oLOL, like n the indies she did called the Ballsplex. Also, the majority of the time when Joey Ryan hits that "move", a guy is the one taking it. 

LOL you convinced me, it isn't garbage. It is not third rate shit that even Vince Russo and Rob Black would be ashamed of. Send me your address and you will get your certificate shortly. You will get a parade in your honor. Just stand in the road with your eyes shut and wait.

Edited by Victator
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Victator said:

LOL you convinced me, it isn't garbage. It is not third rate shit that even Vince Russo and Rob Black would be ashamed of. Send me your address and you will get your certificate shortly. You will get a parade in your honor. Just stand in the road with your eyes shut and wait.

Vince Russo and Rob Black have no shame.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vince Russo and Rob Black have no shame.

Bingo

1 hour ago, AxB said:

He also has the Boobplex. Which is a German Suplex, only with a higher waistlock. 

That spot and booking him vs Tessa Blanchard was what inspired me to unsubscribe from Impact. 

• Haha 1

Joey vs. Tessa was actually a really good match. There was some very good wrestling and it was a lot more than just the dick spot or boobplex. The crowd, which I was part of was solidly behind Tessa.

For intergender interaction, I think Tessa vs. Joey was rather tame, especially considering we've seen things like Austin beating the shit out of Lita with a chair and stunning Stacy Keibler for not drinking a beer.

3 hours ago, nate said:

I didn't know that.  This is honestly the first time I've ever seen it mentioned.

Yeah, I put the blame partially on TNA for that.  At the time, it was all over these online news places that WWE issued an edict that any talent going to the TNA show (apparently they were both doing shows in the same town) would be punished.  And Highlander #2 went to visit some friends, and fucking TNA showed him on camera, announcers called him out and everything.  Gone afterwards.  And if I recall, he was even trying to shield his face from any cameras when he was shown.

He/she was being sarcastic. Ambrose and Reigns are super close. Just taking the piss out of the conspiracy theorists.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Joey vs. Tessa was actually a really good match. There was some very good wrestling and it was a lot more than just the dick spot or boobplex. The crowd, which I was part of was solidly behind Tessa.

For intergender interaction, I think Tessa vs. Joey was rather tame, especially considering we've seen things like Austin beating the shit out of Lita with a chair and stunning Stacy Keibler for not drinking a beer.

Not my concern with inner gender matches. They are laid out like shit. So you have them doing these empty spots. Like if you had Rey Mysterio wrestling Kane and they are doing complicated near fall segments and presented as equals in power. Morbidly entertaining, but not what I want out of wrestling.  Its definitely not the violence I take issue with. Its not my favorite thing to see, but I will not run from it.

I am sure there must be one not terrible inter gender match. But I think they are worthless so I am not looking very hard.

Combo of Joey Ryan and running an inter gender match showed me that sometimes dead is better. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Dude booked a show called a Penis Party and put over Vaginas. How can anyone not respect a booker who doesn't have an ego and will do the right thing for business? Joey is also a real cool guy so fuck anyone hating on him. Good on him making a ton of money, guy deserves it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Dude booked a show called a Penis Party and put over Vaginas. How can anyone not respect a booker who doesn't have an ego and will do the right thing for business? Joey is also a real cool guy so fuck anyone hating on him. Good on him making a ton of money, guy deserves it.

Yeah no ego, except his spot where he makes anyone working with him look like shit. He is the epitome of why wrestling sucks and will never be more than a niche hobby. 

That great guy mocked old wrestlers who are now penniless and in pain. All while trying to put over how allegedly rich he is. 

More from the great guy. 
Dwz5k9oWkAAAdzl.jpg

• Haha 1

Someone takes wrestling just a little too seriously.

Anyway, moving on from how Joey Ryan is supposedly going to bring about the downfall of pro wrestling and also usher in the penis apocalypse. Here's what the Observer has to say about the Luke Harper story. It's as dumb as you'd expect, because Vince McMahon is an old man.

The update on Harper is that Vince McMahon, in writing, told him he wouldn’t release him.

He was earmarked to work a program with Zayn after Mania, but the decision was made not to do it. One person close to the situation told us that he needs to get out because they made a call that they weren’t going to use him after Vince saw him in his return. Vince said that he didn’t “get him” and complained that he couldn’t even do a Southern accent (that was from them wanting him to do a Southern accent four years ago). He was regularly pitching ideas when he was out with an injury and they turned down every pitch.

He wasn’t booked anywhere after being cleared but Fan Axxess, and then Vince McMahon out of the blue wanted to know why he wasn’t in the Battle Royal, so that’s why he was put in at the last minute. Apparently the end was a mess as Strowman forgot his spots, which is one of the reasons Strowman hasn’t done much since winning. He was booked to start the Zayn program the day after Mania, but was then told after Mania he wasn’t needed for TV. So he went home, but then was called to comeback on Tuesday for a match with EC 3. He was basically used as the opponent to test out the EC 3 and Maverick pairing as wrestler/manager. The agents set up a bunch of manager spots in the match. Vince then watched it and said he hated the manager spots.

The creative meeting the day of the draft when it was asked about which brand Harper would be on, Vince said how the guy can’t even do a Southern accent, said the match with EC 3 was bad, so they didn’t put him with either brand and that’s when he asked for his release.

Edited by Casey
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Oh Strowman definitely fucked up the elimination spot with Harper and Ali.

You can see Harper raising Ali up for the suplex and Strowman either doesn't see them or just stares at them blankly (I haven't watch the match since Mania). Clearly Harper - seeing Braun missing the spot - has Ali fight out of it and they awkwardly have to stand around waiting for Braun to get his cue from a ref and then redo the spot.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Someone takes wrestling just a little too seriously.

Anyway, moving on from how Joey Ryan is supposedly going to bring about the downfall of pro wrestling and also usher in the penis apocalypse. Here's what the Observer has to say about the Luke Harper story. It's as dumb as you'd expect, because Vince McMahon is an old man.

Oh my God, no wonder he wants out. All this indecisiveness would drive me crazy. Funny thing is my boss is like this too. The good thing is he works in Orlando closely with one department, and I work in Miami in another department, so I’ve only seen, and talked to him once in the last 4 years. But Luke has to see this old guy who wants to run a wrestling promotion, and a shitty football league at the same time every time he shows up for TV. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Victator said:

Not my concern with inner gender matches. They are laid out like shit. So you have them doing these empty spots. Like if you had Rey Mysterio wrestling Kane and they are doing complicated near fall segments and presented as equals in power. Morbidly entertaining, but not what I want out of wrestling.  Its definitely not the violence I take issue with. Its not my favorite thing to see, but I will not run from it.

I am sure there must be one not terrible inter gender match. But I think they are worthless so I am not looking very hard.

Combo of Joey Ryan and running an inter gender match showed me that sometimes dead is better. 

There was a period a few years back where it felt like PWG put a Candace vs Joey match on every show.  And guess what?  They were all pretty good matches, well-worked and laid out logically.  Joey would get the heat being a misogynistic shithead, she'd come back and give him his comeuppance, then there'd be a finish.  Pro Wrestling 101.  A purist's wet dream of match structure if you could get past the "OMG man vs woman is ruining wrestling" shit.  Later, he and Candace formed a pretty over babyface tag team.  Have you seen any of that or do you just judge the dude's whole career based on some gifs and some higher principle of what you think pro wrestling should be?  God damn Vic.  I really try to be nice and not just come after people on here, and I'm sorry, but shit like this is so trying.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well this thread is going well so might as well throw this powder keg in too

The bigger story is around what Rush claims they are paid (or actually not paid) but y'all do you. I am sure the thread will be closed by the time I go home

• Haha 3

Why are there so many people that leap to Joey Ryan's defense insistent that people SHOULD like him (or intergender shit in general)? I don't want or need any of it in the wrestling I watch, so I don't watch it. It doesn't make me a bad fan or Jim Cornette or no fun or whatever. I think it sucks, so I steer clear of it. What's wrong with that? The WWE threads would be far easier to read (and post in) if people stopped watching the things they clearly hate.

Edited by MORELOCK
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Victator said:

Yeah no ego, except his spot where he makes anyone working with him look like shit. He is the epitome of why wrestling sucks and will never be more than a niche hobby. 

That great guy mocked old wrestlers who are now penniless and in pain. All while trying to put over how allegedly rich he is. 

More from the great guy. 
Dwz5k9oWkAAAdzl.jpg

You need a hug.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Why are there so many people that leap to Joey Ryan's defense insistent that people SHOULD like him (or intergender shit in general)? I don't want or need any of it in the wrestling I watch, so I don't watch it. It doesn't make me a bad fan or Jim Cornette or no fun or whatever. I think it sucks, so I steer clear of it. What's wrong with that? The WWE threads would be far easier to read (and post in) if people stopped watching the things they clearly hate.

It has less to do with anyone thinking someone should like Joey Ryan and more to do with what he's done or who he is isn't nearly as bad as Vic or Corny describes.

• Like 3