DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT Rebellion PPV (Sunday, April 28, 2019)

Hey! There is a PPV this weekend

Card (Spoilers because I don't know what has aired and what hasn't)

Spoiler

Johnny Impact vs. Brian Cage - IMPACT World Title. Lance Storm is special guest ref

Lucha Bros vs. LAX - Full Metal Mayhem for Tag Titles

Gail Kim vs. Tessa Blanchard

Rich Swann vs. Sami Callihan - X Division Title

Taya Valkyrie vs. Jordynne Grace - Knockouts Title

Card looks really solid. Tag Title match should be nutty and violent. I'm kinda playing catch up with Impact tv at the moment but everything is being built fairly well. Loved Tessa destroying a restaurant from last week's episode.  Debating ordering this on the Fite app. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Because I've never really paid attention to TNA until this year, what is Full Metal Mayhem? Do they just beat each other with chairs in a cage or something?

It's basically Impact's version of a TLC match. They describe it as "anything metal is legal", usually resulting in ladders, chairs, chains, and trash cans. They've been using tables in the build too so I'm sure that'll be included.

• Like 1

For a second I thought this was going head to head with the Crockett Cup. But that's on Saturday, and this is on Sunday.

13 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Sad state of affairs that I can't be bothered to part with $40 Canadian and the parking and gas money for this

I'll be there in GA someplace.  Gotta get there early to make sure I get an actual seat.  Can't say I'm excited for anything besides the tag match, but Slammiversary was so good last year that they deserve repeat customers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I'll be there in GA someplace.  Gotta get there early to make sure I get an actual seat.  Can't say I'm excited for anything besides the tag match, but Slammiversary was so good last year that they deserve repeat customers.

I'd also be looking forward to Tessa vs. Gail Kim and Callihan vs. Swann.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

14 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I shouldn't be an ass and just go.  I think I'm just pissed the last GA show I went to in Toronto I stared at the backs of heads all night.  Killer Kross is who I would want to see.  He has to be factored in somewhere

Some first and second row seats are still available, which is a bit unbelievable to me.

(Or maybe not so unbelievable, considering they priced it front row $200, 2nd row $150, GA (which is 4th row & back) $40)

Edited by S.K.o.S.

• Moose & The North (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page) vs. The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz & Trey Miguel)
  • A Smoke Show segment with Scarlett Bordeaux

Those have both been added to the card

And Swann/Calihan will now be No DQ

• Like 1

Spoiler

Of course IMPACT signs Michael Elgin.  I mean the one guy in the US indies who is the level of a black sheep than Chasyn Rance and they just put him in the main event title feud

And yes Josh they are talking about it on Twitter.   For exactly the wrong reasons dumbass

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 3

15 minutes ago, hammerva said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Of course IMPACT signs Michael Elgin.  I mean the one guy in the US indies who is the level of a black sheep than Chasyn Rance and they just put him in the main event title feud

And yes Josh they are talking about it on Twitter.   For exactly the wrong reasons dumbass

I had a strong feeling said individual would be showing up, but I thought he'd come to the aid of his former tag partner.

First couple matches were pretty basic but got better and better as the show went on. Wish Eddie Edwards had a bigger role since his feud/match with Eli had to be dropped and he's always a highlight. Six man was fun with some great dive spots. Swann/Callihan was an awesome brawl. Tessa/Gail was great, surprised by the submission finish and the apparent face turn for Tessa but it'll be an interesting role reversal if they're going back to Tessa/Taya. Glad Taya kept the title, pretty good match there as well and nice to see Taya retain clean.

Surprised Johnny/Cage wasn't main eventing. I liked that it came off like a fight and they went through a war even with some rough spots and the finishing stretch wasn't great with Starship Pain completely missing and the Drillclaw turning into more of a falcon arrow. I'm glad they drew out Cage's title win to this point as it felt more meaningful after all the build to this one. Surprised they're bringing Elgin in immediately in a top challenger position. Cage/Elgin as the new title feud can be interesting in the ring but not the best route for obvious reasons so I hope it doesn't bring a ton of negativity on the product, while I'm guessing Johnny is headed for a feud with RVD. It didn't feel super long at all, but surprised me that Johnny's title run was the longest Impact world title reign since Roode's 2011/12 record

Figured the tag titles headlining meant it had to be even more crazy than expected and they delivered. the Fenix almost spanish fly ladder/table/ramp spot was insane. Almost thought they were going for an ultimate Street Sweeper for the finish before Santana stabbed him with the fork instead. Guessing this is it for the Lucha Bros in Impact but I hope not, they had an amazing one year run here. Great final blowoff to this long rivalry. Nice random Taylor Wilde appearance, guessing she was just visiting. Overall think the show delivered quite well with the top 4 matches all having satisfying blowoff/conclusions to long rivalries with excellent builds.

Full results for anyone who missed:

*Ace Austin def. Petey Williams, Eddie Edwards, Jake Crist, Aiden Prince, & Cousin Jake (5:21) via sunset flip on Petey.

*Scarlett Bordeaux (w/ Fallah Bahh) def. Rohit Raju (w/ Raj Singh & The Great Gama) (5:04) with an inverted piledriver after a low blow behind the ref's back

*Moose & The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) def. The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz) (9:30) when Moose pinned Dez after the Spear.

*Taya Valkyrie(c) def. Jordynne Grace (9:02) after the Road to Valhalla to retain the Knockouts Championship

*Rich Swann(c) def. Sami Callihan (16:18) via submission with a barbed-wire bat assisted crossface to retain the X Division Championship

*Backstage, Melissa Santos interviewed Tessa Blanchard about her match with Gail Kim. Tessa's father Tully joined her with words of encouragement and said he would be front row for the match.

*Tessa Blanchard def. Gail Kim (13:08) via submission with an arm-trap crossface. After the match, both women embraced and raised arms.

*Brian Cage def. Johnny Impact(c) (w/ Taya Valkyrie & John E Bravo) (13:23) after the Drillclaw to WIN the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Michael Elgin debuted and laid out Cage with a spinning powerbomb.

*It is announced that Impact will return to PPV with Slammiversary in Dallas, Texas on July 7

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) def. The Lucha Bros.(c) (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix) (20:57) in Full Metal Mayhem to WIN the tag team championships when Ortiz pinned Pentagon after a powerbomb off a ladder through two tables covered in thumbtacks. After the match, Konnan brought the two teams together for a group hug and everyone raised arms. Members of the Impact roster then came out to applaud both teams as the show came to an end.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

What's this about? What's this guy done that he's this level of black sheep?

I just realized that I don't think anyone mentioned it but Brian Cage was rushed to the emergency room after the show due to a back injury

I highly doubt he would be able to working the taping tonight but maybe (if they are lucky) he will be able to work the Philly tapings at the end of the week