DVDVR Message Board

[NXT TV] APRIL 24, 2019 (Spoiler Free)

RIPPA

Announced for tonight

Johnny Gargano vs. Roderick Strong (with the angle being Gargano hand picked with member of UE he wanted to face)

Viking Raiders (and yes they are being called that in NXT's ad) vs. Street Profits - Non Title

Candice LeRae and a mystery partner vs. Aliyah/Vanessa Borne

Jayson Ryker vs. Humberto Carrillo

Ryker/Carrillo was nice enough while it lasted. The post match angle was neat as well though its a shame it was shot twice at the show. You can kind of tell with how the crowd reacted.

War Raiders vs. Street Profits was good. 

Candice/Kacy vs. Aliyah/Bourne was solid. Aliyah and Bourne are serviceable heels and turning into a nice team.

Dug the short interview/attack segment with Io & the Horsewomen. Mia Yim's segment trying to build herself up again for Shayna was decent enough.

Dug the faceoff between Riddle and Cole along with how it played into Strong/Gargano. Strong/Gargano was pretty good.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ryker/Carrillo was nice enough while it lasted. The post match angle was neat as well though its a shame it was shot twice at the show. You can kind of tell with how the crowd reacted.

Isn’t this like the third or fourth time they’ve had to reshoot stuff with Ryker? I recall he couldn’t hit his finish on an opponent a few weeks ago. Dude has a good look but it sounds like his execution needs work.

40 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Isn’t this like the third or fourth time they’ve had to reshoot stuff with Ryker? I recall he couldn’t hit his finish on an opponent a few weeks ago. Dude has a good look but it sounds like his execution needs work.

I think its only the second. The finisher reshoot was several months ago. This one was only done because they wanted to replace the chairs 1-2 used against the Sons from what the reports said.

I really hope Kacy Catanzaro isn't held back because of her size. She's got effortless athleticism that's too good to waste.

That Vince-on-a-whim name change and and NXT being pre-taped looking real good this week.

• Like 1

Man, that War Raiders vs. Street Profits match was pretty friggin' great. I love any match where you can see a team putting a kayfabe strategy pre-match like the Street Profits did with Montez's insane dive over the ropes. It also had a great comedy moment from Ford when he did his "yelp of fear" right when he was about to get a 300-pound dude thrown in his face. That was an awesome, awesome sprint. I really watch the Street Profit's to get the belts.

• Like 1