DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Rusev's Suit- 4/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I was going to be annoyed by a lot of tonight's show... (Jesus could Corey had telegraphed the turn any more?)

But then Rusev came out wearing an aubergine suit. Its the little things that make life worth it. 

On to Bayley.  The crowd was with her tonight.  I believe Montreal was an aberration. Bayley cut a pretty good promo and she looked great in the ring tonight, she was motivated. It was good to see.  

I didn't need Bayley to win the match and face Becky at the PPV but it would have been nice.  See,  this is the thing. People who claim that Bayley needs to wait her turn and "you know how Vince is and you know how they book"  it's BS.   It's bullshit because if you haven't noticed Charlotte is in yet another title match at Money in the Bank.  

Why? because she has a permanent push.  She is always in the title mix.  I don't remember a feud she's had that didn't involve the title or didn't involve her being the headline. WWE creative is pretending that this is some meta angle based on how fans perceive Charlotte's relationship with management. It's not about perception.  It's reality. She is always in the spot and always has been and if it's up to Vince.. always will be. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Glad Charlotte pinned bayley. Nice they protected Nakamura.

What? Why? For Becky/Charlotte part 19? Bayley cut a great promo and brought her working boots. Charlotte is as stale as three day old beer right now. Ugh. 

Thought they made Kofi look a bit weak. Kevin got too much in. 

1 minute ago, just drew said:

What? Why? For Becky/Charlotte part 19? Bayley cut a great promo and brought her working boots. Charlotte is as stale as three day old beer right now. Ugh. 

Thought they made Kofi look a bit weak. Kevin got too much in. 

I enjoy seeing Bayley lose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm disappointed the KO turn came so soon, but at least it pretty much guarantees Big E. won't be turning when he returns. 

I hate seeing the IIconics being booked like The Revival. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

On to Bayley.  The crowd was with her tonight.  I believe Montreal was an aberration. Bayley cut a pretty good promo and she looked great in the ring tonight, she was motivated. It was good to see.  

I didn't need Bayley to win the match and face Becky at the PPV but it would have been nice.  See,  this is the thing. People who claim that Bayley needs to wait her turn and "you know how Vince is and you know how they book"  it's BS.   It's bullshit because if you haven't noticed Charlotte is in yet another title match at Money in the Bank.  

Why? because she has a permanent push.  She is always in the title mix.  I don't remember a feud she's had that didn't involve the title or didn't involve her being the headline. WWE creative is pretending that this is some meta angle based on how fans perceive Charlotte's relationship with management. It's not about perception.  It's reality. She is always in the spot and always has been and if it's up to Vince.. always will be. 

Its probably better for Bayley if she gets to chase Charlotte after MITB, honestly. (Which is why I assume they went with a spear finish rather than a finisher.) Tonight showed how easily the crowd will get behind her when she’s against a strong heel and can show intensity, while going against Becky is a bad thing if you’re a face trying to get back over. I get the anger, but it’s a sensible long-term decision, especially when having to work around Becky having both belts.

• Like 7

Just now, RIShane said:

II get the anger, but it’s a sensible long-term decision, especially when having to work around Becky having both belts.

Oh I thought tonight was a good night for Bayley moving forward.  Hopefully.  Don't get me wrong.  But I am tired of the stranglehold Charlotte has on this division.  I'd have been ecstatic to see say Becky defend against Ruby Riot or something.  Or Nikki Cross. Make another strong heel.  

• Like 1

@RIShanethat’s a good point. I hadn’t considered that. I thought Bayley looked the best she has in months, and she’s been trending up since January. I have no real evidence to back this up, other than teaching mma for s year or so now, but Bayley seems to let her feet get lazy at times. She was crisp and the match wasn’t technically perfect, but the slight flubs seemed to add to the intensity of the struggle.  Hopefully she’ll get a better spot moving forward.

• Like 1

Kind of torn on the IIconics. I like that they are champs, but they are not as good as anyone they keep losing to so I'm also kind of fine with them looking like chumps so many times.

Kofi/Nakamura was a bit slow at the start on Nakamura's part, but it was pretty solid but the end. Kind of disappointed Owens turned tonight. I was hoping they would give at least another week, but it was a good turn nonetheless. Kofi/KO should be a fun match. I don't think Owens wins at MITB though I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually takes the belt.

Bayley looked the best she has in well over year both match wise and promo wise. She and Charlotte have so much damn chemistry with how easily they slipped back into form against each other tonight. I don't think tonight was the night to have Bayley get a big win, but it does feel a like a beating a dead horse situation with Charlotte challenging again. This probably would have been the time to establish someone fresh for a heel challenger. 

• Like 2

I actually think Charlotte is going to lose again, then try to cripple Becky post match, leaving her unable to defend against Lacey who wins the title via forfeit or in a squash or something.

Bayley v Becky right now is too obvious. The same as AJ v Rollins. It'll be a good match but they ain't dropping the title that quickly.

Charlotte has good to great matches with pretty much everyone. I'm not a bayley fan at all but this probably her best match in years. I also don't think Charlotte wins at MITB, but hoping that Lacey does.

Predictable Owens turn to turn him back to the same old boring character he was before he left.  Epic Roman/ShaneO face off brought back memories of the classic coast to coast spear in 2016.

• Like 4