DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank X - May 19, 2019

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's not nice,  I'm trying to be diplomatic. ?

You suck at that too, but I understand the general intention.

More generally, Sasha being happy for her friend is reflective of nothing and supports no larger narrative in any direction. Of course she's happy for her friend. But who wants to derail any more threads on Sasha Stanning? Let's just be happy about... fuck, this show sucked, didn't it?

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

@West Newbury Bad Boy Which was my reply to a comment made. HELLO.   We've wasted enough time on this.  Shouldn't we be discussing Bayley and how her win changes the entire landscape and future of the entire planet? ?

FTFY

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This isn't the first time you've run to the guy's defense..  he didn't say one thing or a couple things or make one terrible decision.  This is who he showed himself to be for nearly a decade and I don't believe a fine and a bland PR statement wipes that away.  

I wasn't defending Lars, I was condemning Kalisto's behavior and double standards. Pile-on culture only causes more antagonism and division. If I see something that is glaringly unjust and contradictory, rest assured I'm going to call you out on your shit. Consider me the Tim Pool of the board.

Anyway back to the fake fights. 

Edited by Rick
  • Like 1

I think what causes more division is when one group of people can say and do whatever vile things they want,  get called on it,  give a bland apology while checking all the typical "he was young" excuse boxes and then telling another group of people that THEY need to accept that apology immediately and without protest or else THEY are the ones who are in the wrong. But that's me.  

You're right though,  I'd much rather discuss the matches and the stories.  I hate that these issues keep coming up but they do because dudes like Lars keep picking at 300-year wounds. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

giphy.gif

I’ll cop to being the one that brought her up originally. I said I thought that Bayley’s win felt in some ways like a middle finger to Sasha from the office, and I still feel that way. I didn’t say shit about Sasha having boo boo face. This time. But I could not be happier for Bayley. I always like it when people who seem genuinely good succeed. I thought Dana looked like she belonged tonight, and that makes me happy for her, too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Now this..  was dope as fuck. WWE don't deserve Naomi and the Usos.

She killed that. 

Im happy for Bayley. In one night, they have managed to breathe new life into her after nearly destroying her with moments like “I’m too nice to use a kendo stick”. 

• Like 1

Liked the Women's MITB Ladder match highlighted by the Eclipse from an outside ladder to Natalya inside the ring. Glad Bayley won and cashed-in on the new WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion, Charlotte Flair. We're back to one women's title per brand. The crowd reactions were positive to Bayley and I'm hoping this makes for a fresh start for Bayley after having misfortunes on RAW.

Right enjoyed Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles, that counter to the Curb Stomp into the Styles Clash was well done. I'd say it was one of Rollins' best singles matches.

The Men's MITB Ladder match was one of the wildest matches of this type ever. The sunset flip powerbomb from the top of the ladder by Andrade bounced Balor off the ladder acting as a bridge. All seven men got their moment. I just hated the result as I'm fucking bored of Brock, even more here when those seven battered one another and Lesnar did nothing.

Edited by The Natural

5 hours ago, Rick said:

did someone insinuate she was?

Brock being money in the bank winner is quite a fresh option for him in theory. In execution we all know it's simply a catapult to get him and Rollins to Saudi. I'm hoping for something different though. He looked massive, clearly back on the gear and ready to commit to wrestling for the long haul. I think some of the bad energy towards Brock is self-inflicted on WWE's part, the booking of him being this lazy mercenary has completely killed him in the eyes of the viewer. They murdered their biggest star in order to get Roman over, and it backfired massively. No-one cares. 

I agree, but I think the reaction to him coming out showed he can be rehabbed as his legit credentials won’t ever get less impressive. I understand people like Ali and all, but for all of his bumps during that match, the crowd was dead for his ascent to the ladder and never once reacted like they thought he was a serious chance of winning even though it was clearly building to the end spot (which tbh I figured was going to be a Bray Wyatt run in). They then exploded for Lesnar, who got a much bigger pop and reaction than anybody else in that match simply by pushing someone off and climbing a ladder. I’ve never really had a problem with crazy bumps/spots in a match, but this one really just highlighted to me how pointless so many of them seemed to be, and how the crowd reaction to those spots seemed to get less and less the more of them they were, with the immediate contrast of the reaction of someone who took no bumps in that same match.

Watching highlights of the ladder match remind me why I hate these multi-men stunt show ladder matches. The convoluted way they setup spots, the way some wrestlers comeback from what should be injury angles(I mean Finn was choke slammed onto the top of a ladder), and most fucking importantly wrestlers reaching for a briefcase that is high above the ring from the bottom step of a ladder. Like come on guys, I can sort of understand Brain doing it, but fucking Ali doing the I’m reaching for the thing near the bottom is ridiculous. 

Also another thing I noticed that’s bugging, and could fix most of the problems of the mid-card championships. Andrade should not have been booked in this match. He should’ve interfered, stopped Finn from grabbing the briefcase, and “injured” him in the process to give more juice to the IC title match. It would also establish the importance of the belt, and prop it up alongside the world titles.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

8 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Or being Sami or Braun and being fucked out of the match all together. I realize they're setting up an angle between the two, but still.

So they got pulled from an injury inducing stunt show designed to bury them at Brock's expense. In doing so, they're pretty much guaranteed a PPV match at Backlash, where, theoretically, at least ONE of them is going to be put over. Why should they be upset about this again?

7 hours ago, Custos said:

Also, Chris Jericho needs to go to the same place Reby Hardy needs to go to hire themselves a Twitter filter for his ill advised drunken comments. AEW will burn through their goodwill with a chunk of the more neutral fans just hoping for a viable alternative.

The core of AEW's fanbase is essentially anti-WWE to the point where it defies logic. I doubt that 50-year-old AEW Main Eventer Jericho putting his foot in his mouth will make any AEW fans sympathize with WWE and their garbage booking.

You guys did not at all prepare me for how amazing the Bayley celebration was. She was going to milk every possible photo op that she could: her back against the guard rail surrounded by women, holding up that fan's fake money in the bank case, in front of all the "hugger section" signs, deep into the crowd with the Bayley in the Bank sign with everyone chanting her name around her. All the while, the crowd continued to be super hot for her. I'm not sure I've ever quite seen anything like it. It was the world's most PG Sandman in the ECW Arena celebration.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6

Yeah, the Bayley cash in was probably the best babyface angle they’ve executed in years. I was very happy they didn’t do a jealous cash-in angle with her in retrospect. That would’ve been way too cliche, and only given her a two month heel angle tops. But then you never know, they might end up doing that with her.