DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Best of Super Juniors 26

Raziel

DOUKI is just a general indy guy who wrestles in Mexico and Japan for various companies including KDojo and Michi Pro.

It takes a long time to get proper VISAs issued and it sure as hell isn't any easier with the current people running immigration things. Flip's may have been held up by something since he was last there. Technical crap.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, Ryan said:

Give the guys a chance. Anyways, to BREAK KAYFABE, OMG~!
File:Kansuke1.jpg Douki.

What a wonderfully sleazy looking man. A guy looking like that has ties to some very dangerous people.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

They've implied that he's a Suzuki-Gun hired gun (even had Taichi introduce him) .   SZKG is always a welcoming home for sleazy juniors, and it's been a while since we've gotten some new SZKG members.

Edited by alstein

watched two matches at work, some general thoughts

Gresham v Scurll - nice little showcase for Gresham here and I think he will do well and get over. There were a couple of moments that made me realise "this isn't the best wrestling in the world" which were i. the dumb hand stuff that Scurll does and ii. Gresham gets powerbombed hard TWICE and during the count he rolls his head over to look at Red Shoes counting with an expression that says "I am moving my head to ready myself to kick out". At times it was very good and at times it was holiday camp demonstration stuff.

SHO v Takagi - as sure as I am SHO will be a star, I don't think he's there yet. Like, compare him to Shingo who is probably only in NJPW to be a utility guy like Goto or Ishii - he's not  even that good yet is he? This is a really good match in case you think I'm complaining but it's partly due to Shingo being a big old fucking MAN and Sho being intense enough to hang. The girls really love him and that counts for a lot.

• Like 2

Oh good, I noticed the Gresham thing with his head too.

Sho and Shingo basically did a Dragon Gate Shingo main event match and it would have been hard for Ishimori and Lee to match that and they thankfully didn't. Ishimori getting the win made sense and only after he was talking did I realize that he's a Miyagi prefecture native.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sevendaughters said:

SHO v Takagi - as sure as I am SHO will be a star, I don't think he's there yet. Like, compare him to Shingo who is probably only in NJPW to be a utility guy like Goto or Ishii - he's not  even that good yet is he? This is a really good match in case you think I'm complaining but it's partly due to Shingo being a big old fucking MAN and Sho being intense enough to hang. The girls really love him and that counts for a lot.

I was thinking the same thing about SHO while watching this. He's obviously got the look but there were exchanges in this match where he seemed afraid to lay it in. He could become the Tanahashi of the juniors if he can bring his game up, which I guess we'll see over the next weeks.

Also, Shingo rules.

SHO vs. Shingo Takagi was a lot of fun. They definitely seem to be pushing the idea that Sho is going to be breaking off from Roppongi 3K soon and set out on his own as a singles star. At least that's how it sounded on commentary. His new look and gear came off very well. 

Shingo looked like a wily badass veteran testing out the young buck here.

Edited by TheVileOne

only time for one match today so I went for

DOUKI v Ren Narita - the rumours are true, DOUKI is the most indytastic dude NJPW have given a regular gig to since Chase Owens. With Taichi in his corner you know what you're getting and in this context the bullshit early interference helps the match given that Young Lions are basically dumbo kids who get by on 3 moves, 6 rollups, and fire. Once this gets going it is...good. The crowd like Narita a lot and whilst occasionally he seems clumsy and DOUKI's secondary finisher is a bit of an indy 'what happened there' classic, his actual finisher is LOVELY. ***

SHO gets bonus points for having a new theme that'd fit in nicely with one of the Mega Man games.  But that was a good entry point for what he can do as a single.  Can't wait to see him in the rest of BOSJ.  And Shingo was an excellent opponent for SHO to start his singles run against.  Really great stuff all-around.  Can't wait to check out night 2.

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying DOUKI.  It's like a LU gimmick thrown into BOSJ. I hope he gets to come to the roster full-time, perhaps as part of a Suzuki/Sabre split/feud.

Also SHO is on the path to having a better BOSJ and Ishii had in last year's G1.  Two absolute bangers,and they had a really tough act to follow after Marty/Ishimori.

I'd say tonight's show was better than any of the G1 shows last year.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 1

SHO/Lee was a better match for both guys than their Night 1 matches. I think SHO is a little reliant on power spots still and he couldn't do those with Shingo but Dragon is game. Ishimori/Lee had some sequences that made me audibly groan but they kept it together in this one. Good match, probably SHO's best to date.