DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

I'd love to see one on what an insane dick the Warrior was. Mostly because I'm so fucking sick and tired of WWE whitewashing that he was a virulent homophobe that also did paid speaking engagements for a group headed by a man that gave thousands of dollars to a white supremacist.

Edit: not sure it would get an audience, but there's a lot of meat on the bone to do Misawa's death, and the escalation of the King's Road style that led to it.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

There was some total pieces of shit in this ep.

The narrator failing to mention he was mainly responsible in pushing for the subject to get a final Wrestlemania payday despite most of this info being common knowledge at the time seems at best carney..

If the narrator is still Jericho then that lines up with the WM match he had against the legends (the one Mickey Rourke did a cameo in)  It is at best carney of him but that's Jericho for ya.

Haven't seen this episode yet but it will be something to watch after work.

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

The narrator failing to mention he was mainly responsible in pushing for the subject to get a final Wrestlemania payday despite most of this info being common knowledge at the time seems at best carney..

I'm pretty sure Jericho just wanted Steamboat, but Vince being Vince, just had to shoehorn two other people in. No?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Casey said:

So with what they've covered in Season 1 and what we've gotten so far in Season 2 (and what's announced to come).... if there's a Season 3, what would people want to see covered?

They haven’t done the GWF scam yet have they?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Casey said:

So with what they've covered in Season 1 and what we've gotten so far in Season 2 (and what's announced to come).... if there's a Season 3, what would people want to see covered?

Oh God, lot's of stuff to cover:

Kodo Fuyuki running FMW into the ground and causing the suicide of owner Sho Arai.

The life and times of Gorgeous George Gillette, Kendo Nagasaki's (British version) manager.

Shinya Hashimoto getting fucked over by New Japan in the whole Naoya Ogawa thing.

The fall of UWF-I.

The life and times of Dixie Carter.

Rita Chatterton.

The Poffos vs. Memphis.

20 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That cop looked like and seemed equally as incompetent as Jack Tunney.

IIRC This dude was the same detective Meltzer was lambasting when he did those shows (he also did one with Cornette) on one of the anniversaries of Nancy Argentino's death some years back. He made him out to be comically incompetent.

It turns out he was.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I'm pretty sure Jericho just wanted Steamboat, but Vince being Vince, just had to shoehorn two other people in. No?

I think that the story was: It was always going to be 3-on-1, Jericho vs. 3 legends, and the legends were all supposed to be wrestlers who worked at Wrestlemania I. Jericho merely realized Jericho was a better choice than one of Vince's and got him in it.

As far as for new episodes...I'm not sure about the source, but I think I might have heard somewhere that the directors may be planning an XPW one for Season 3- and if that one's done, it could be very good. 

Dynamite would be a shoe-in. 

Brian Pillman maybe? Art Barr? The last days of ECW? Perry Saturn's descent into drug addiction? Scott Hall? A full-on Jake episode? 

EDIT: Apparently the Dr. D episode is entitled "David Schultz & the Slap Heard Round the World". Also, there's got to be some lucha stories out there. Abismo Negro, Pentagon dying in the ring, etc.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

I think that the story was: It was always going to be 3-on-1, Jericho vs. 3 legends, and the legends were all supposed to be wrestlers who worked at Wrestlemania I. Jericho merely realized Jericho was a better choice than one of Vince's and got him in it.

As far as for new episodes...I'm not sure about the source, but I think I might have heard somewhere that the directors may be planning an XPW one for Season 3- and if that one's done, it could be very good. 

Jericho describes the whole thing here

• Like 2

On 4/15/2020 at 5:07 AM, Casey said:

That's tough.  What could you get a compelling hour out of?  Eddie Gilbert maybe since I heard his last few years were chaotic at points.  I'm interested in the end of USWA and the manager of the TV station telling them to never tape wrestling there again after guys with guns showed up to deliver summons.  But that would be mostly legal stuff.  Or just do a show on general Memphis wackiness and sleaze.  Give Jaime Dundee a bag of weed and a 30 pack of Coors and let him rip

If they're doing Memphis, most (or all) of the episode would be about Jerry Lawler statutory rapist, wouldn't it?