DVDVR Message Board

The Viceland Wrestling Documentaries

When he held up the hand and showed the thumb in that clip I was like "OHHHHHHH". I guess it didn't hit me until seeing it. Also notice, he doesn't show it off at all during the interview.

The fact that he can still play video games is pretty neat. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 3 weeks later...

A little late but whose idea was the dang screwjob? I thought the WWE documentary clearly explained that it was HHH’s. Further thinking, even though that wasn’t necessary, would lead me to that conclusion also. HHH is the bigshot now and everything but back then he was just another rassler. Even if he was courting Stephanie back then that still doesn’t really mean jack. The boys had been bangin the promoter’s daughters since before HHH was being thought about. 

With all that said, Jim Cornette’s explanation sure made alot of sense. Vince Russo’s did not. What a dweeb. He’s laughing and smiling that he got to be on the doc. Nobody else was smiling lol! That basically proves Jim Cornette’s stories about Russo still dreaming of the day he’s going to be back.

I’ve about heard all I want to hear from Scott Hall also. Between this, the first episode and his trash talking Sting’s return, he seems like a bigger moron sober than drunk. 

The best part was the final scene lol!

• 8 months later...

I just came to pass along that my sister, who was a childhood fan who remembers the good times but pretty much hates wrestling because of how obsessed I was with it on through puberty and young adulthood, was pimping the Reelz docs big time to me today. She hasn’t sat down and watched anything wrestling since childhood and I’ve tried to show her some of the better WWE DVD releases, comps etc but she’s just plain left it all behind. Anyway she said she happened onto Reelz flipping channels and watched like 3 straight docs in a row and said they were amazing. My sister is somebody who isn’t easily reached like that, especially pertaining to childhood so they must be good. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This starts Tuesday right after NXT so there's that night sewn up. Also they are starting with Memphis. 

EDIT: Because that would make sense with them bringing up Memphis in both those photos above haha. Pardon the ignorance

Edited by Curt McGirt

The only thing bad about the Memphis territory show is that it was only an hour long.  Jerry Jarrett explaining the way you can kill a guy was just insanely awesome.   You could do 4 or 5 shows on Memphis.  

Yes we are getting a part 2.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 5

Total coincidence: I went to put something on at random during the commercial break for this first episode and it was Sodom's Better Off Dead album. First track? 

"An Eye for an Eye". ?

That was a blast, and maybe even more fucked up and crazy than Dark Side of the Ring. 

Either he got some of those 3rd world countries transplant surgery or he is the only man to gain hair on his head when older

By the way is their footage of the Jimmy Hart & Iron Sheik promo that apparently showed video of a US plane taken down?  That is kind of fucked up given the times 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

Jeff Jarrett's role in this was "dude hanging out with his dad and his dad's friends that he's known for decades" and he pulled it off. But yeah I didn't watch it first-run because I totally forgot until I saw a tweet mentioning it

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

not sure if Randy Savage getting into a knifefight in a Waffle House ranks in the top 10000 craziest things to happen in a Waffle House but Randy Savage getting into a fight at a Waffle House is certainly something.

I think knife fights are fairly common at Waffle Houses and that Randy Savage stopping to eat at Waffle House after a show was fairly common.

It's the mixing of these two things together that make magic. Kind of like how sodium and chlorine are just standard poisonous elements by themselves, but they come together and make a wonderful thing that preserves meat and seasons dishes when combined. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 2