DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I just looked it up and yikes indeed.  Shame too as I generally like some of his stuff but I'm okay with skipping it.

Because of the Confederate flag or something more sinister?

Just be a present parent all around. The 8 year old was pretending a French fry was a cigarette yesterday because of one episode she had seen. She had never seen anyone smoke in real life in her life and rarely on TV. So we had to have that talk.

I believe it's on Hulu already for us Americans, which is why it's going to Star for the overseas markets. And unless I'm misreading that tweet, it'll be uncensored, unless you have parental controls on. Which is fine.

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But also, Cash is clearly there to cash a paycheck and does zero jokes the whole time. 

I mean, yeah. Cash was probably in the middle of one of his "sober one day, drunk and high for months at a time the next day" phases in the early 80s.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

If they're going to put Family Guy on Disney+, it shouldn't be censored. Otherwise, put it on Hulu.

That's literally the point of the Stewie Griffin video?  

Hey, want to watch Family Guy on D+?  Cool.  

Yeah, we know you've got kids and you probably don't want them to watch that.  So we've got robust parental controls so they can't watch the stuff you can. 

• Like 2

Oh and as an FYI, the only 12 edits on The Muppet Show are there for copyright issues.  

There are only two episodes that have been omitted are:  Chris Langham (Google him, you'll know why) and Brooke Shields (not sure why... maybe child labor rules? Maybe referencing drug use?) 

Star content includes a decent handful of titles I've been annoyed aren't on any of my streaming services. Also provides the fun mental exercise of deciding which is the most outlandish title to see on service that uses the Disney name. Right now I'm giving that crown to The Thin Red Line.

Disney needs to hurry it up and give us the Paul Newman in Color of Money option for account profile picture. I know the demand is there.

52 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shit, judging from its humor, recent Family Guy is running the risk of getting a Song of the South pulled on it. 

"2012 was a different time with different values..."

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh and as an FYI, the only 12 edits on The Muppet Show are there for copyright issues.  

There are only two episodes that have been omitted are:  Chris Langham (Google him, you'll know why) and Brooke Shields (not sure why... maybe child labor rules? Maybe referencing drug use?) 

Yeah... the less said about Langham, the better. You're probably better off not Googling him... just know it's bad.

Darkly amusing that people talk about Cash phoning it in because he was "having a bad day" and then find out who Langham (one of the show's writers) was replacing on short notice:

Spoiler

Richard Pryor

Imagine how amazing/horrific THAT episode could've been.

14 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That's literally the point of the Stewie Griffin video?  

Hey, want to watch Family Guy on D+?  Cool.  

Yeah, we know you've got kids and you probably don't want them to watch that.  So we've got robust parental controls so they can't watch the stuff you can. 

It's only on Disney+ Star. Also, they removed an episode.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 9:18 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yes, the flag.   But also, Cash is clearly there to cash a paycheck and does zero jokes the whole time. 

Can't be any more sketchy than the Alice Cooper episode where Alice is an agent of Satan and Gonzo spends the time looking for a pen so that he can sell his soul to the Devil in exchange for fame.

The Muppet Labs segment on that show where Professor Honeydew builds a machine that enlarges microbes and creates a mammoth germ that eats Beaker fucking terrified my kid brother.