DVDVR Message Board

DISNEY+ (The Upcoming Streaming Service)

Bustronaut

Not really sure what the Mulan experiment is all about.  I mean I haven't seen the figures obviously but all anyone I know asked is why do they have to pay extra if they already own the service. 

I have three years of Disney+.  I'm happy to see that Mulan is coming soon for free.  I don't think VOD will ever replace what a big movie can make at the box office but we'll see. 

• Like 1

You have Disney+ and therefore have the right to watch Mulan at home. You pay $30 to get it now when it's new was opposed to wait to see it when it hits the service for free. Obviously, they would have been better off if it was coming for free next spring instead of December, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't a corporate tug of war situation internally. It was $20 to RENT Trolls: World Tour for a weekend when that came out and the $30 unlocks Mulan for the next three months. I can see why they thought it was the right price point, but they could have 1) explained it better and 2) delayed it coming for free for another few months.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 6:56 PM, Control said:

It’s not great.

Dont understand why, if you want to update the Muppet Show, you just don’t...update the Muppet Show. It should be SNL with muppets and backstage skits. The end.

I think I might be the only that likes the show for what it is.  We didn't have any expectations going in and while the Piggy stuff drags at times it's 20 minutes of stupid fun.  But if they're not going to have the Muppet Show on Disney+ then it might be time to get the show on DVD or something.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 5:07 AM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I heard Mulan is pretty good. My family and I can wait Until December.

There's a couple of reasons to boycott it. Then again, apparently everyone's cancelling Netflix today because of some French movie about how sexy the director thinks 7 year old girls are.

18 hours ago, AxB said:

There's a couple of reasons to boycott it. Then again, apparently everyone's cancelling Netflix today because of some French movie about how sexy the director thinks 7 year old girls are.

Oh Jesus that's not what the movie's about. NetFlix decided to translate Dance Troupe as Twerking because fuck NetFlix and people got their knickers in a bunch because suddenly they care about the sexualization of Black girls.

• Like 4

On 9/7/2020 at 8:09 PM, Matt D said:

You have Disney+ and therefore have the right to watch Mulan at home. You pay $30 to get it now when it's new was opposed to wait to see it when it hits the service for free. Obviously, they would have been better off if it was coming for free next spring instead of December, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't a corporate tug of war situation internally. It was $20 to RENT Trolls: World Tour for a weekend when that came out and the $30 unlocks Mulan for the next three months. I can see why they thought it was the right price point, but they could have 1) explained it better and 2) delayed it coming for free for another few months.

I'm never paying $30 to watch Mulan now, especially if it's going to be available in December for free.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 2:09 PM, Pete said:

Late but absolutely worth the wait: All 5 seasons of "The Muppet Show" coming to D+ next month. Here's hoping they include the UK-only bits like "To Morrow."

It's time to play the music.  It's time to light the lights....  

It's time to stream the Muppet Show tonight~

• Like 5

On 1/19/2021 at 2:09 PM, Pete said:

Late but absolutely worth the wait: All 5 seasons of "The Muppet Show" coming to D+ next month. Here's hoping they include the UK-only bits like "To Morrow."

Funny you mention that as it was in the first episode. 

What really sticks out the most is how truly family friendly it is while having the sharp wit and stuff for adults to love. We saw 5 episodes so far and were laughing damn near the whole time. 

17 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Funny you mention that as it was in the first episode. 

What really sticks out the most is how truly family friendly it is while having the sharp wit and stuff for adults to love. We saw 5 episodes so far and were laughing damn near the whole time. 

Yeah, I caught that. For some reason I expected them to show every episode chronologically, but OTOH this is a fantastic episode to start watching on (Rita Moreno won her first Emmy for this).

It really is the perfect family show, with Muppets doing Muppet things for the kids and some wonderfully sophisticated, even borderline risque jokes for their parents. ("Sandy Duncan makes me feel like a young man!" "She makes me feel like a young girl! I'm going to go find one." That was cringe-worthy, and not exactly in a good way.) I'd also forgotten how tight the music was, especially with Duncan's belter of an opening number.

• Like 1