DVDVR Message Board

NXT SPOILERS - From 4/10/19 Tapings

RIPPA

Some of this might air out of order (especially depending on how things happen with the Shakedown). Spoiler boxes just because of size

From PWI (and their source was part of the test group that @Edwin was in)

Spoiler

Dark Match: Reina Gonzalez def. Lacey Lane

Week 1

- NXT North American Championship: Velveteen Dream def. Buddy Murphy

- Raul Mendoza def. Riddick Moss

-  Johnny Gargano comes out and talks about how this has been a long journey and not taking no for an answer. Adam Cole storms out, calling Gargano lucky. Cole says he beat Gargano in Brooklyn. If it were any other match, Cole would be champion. Gargano says he made Cole tap twice. He calls Cole a spoiled "Bay Bay". Gargano challenges Cole to come to the ring. Roderick strong attacks Gargano from behind. All of Undisputed Era attack Gargano. 

- Dominik Dijakovic def. Derrick Dunn (???)

Post match: Dijakovic says he is here because his family made the journey to the United States. He sees the North American Championship, and tells Velveteen Dream to feast his eyes. 

- NXT Women's championship: Shayna Baszler def. Kairi Sane by DQ when Io Shirai pushes Baszler out of the way to protect an injured Sane. Kairi can no longer get a rematch for the women's title. 

Post match: Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir attack Shirai and make her watch as Baszler stomps Sane's shoulder. 

Week 2

- Humberto Carillo def. Jaxson Ryker by DQ when Ryker kept attacking Carillo outside the ring. 

Post match: Ryker kept trying to attack when Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch made the save. 

- Candice LeRae and Kacy Catanzaro def. Vanessa Borne and Aliyah

- War Raiders def. Street Profits

- Johnny Gargano def. Roderick Strong. During the match, Undisputed Era came out, but Matt Riddle attacked them. Roderick Strong stuck his head out to check on things and Adam Cole accidentally kicked Strong.

Post match: Strong and Undisputed Era have words with each other. 

- (The entire Forgotten Sons/Humberto Carillo match and post match was shot again. There were some minor tweaks, like Lorcan and Burch using different chairs to swing at the barriers and new attacks on Carillo by Ryker)

Week 3

- Dominik Dijakovic def. Mansoor

Post match: Velveteen Dream is wheeled out on his couch. He proceeds to sing a modified version of the Star Spangled Banner

- Forgotten Sons def. Oney Lorcan, Danny Burch and Humberto Carillo

- Kushida def. Kassius Ohno

- Bianca Belair def. Mia Yim

- Matt Riddle def. Adam Cole

Post match: Adam Cole and Roderick Strong argue while Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish play peace makers.

Notes:

- There was a company testing out a new web based service that allows fans inside the building to hear the commentary of the match. After the show, this group was asked to fill out a survey asking about the experience, whether they enjoyed it, whether they would recommend it, and were asked questions about price ranges on a per match and per show basis. 

Full disclosure, I was a member of the test group and was compensated with a free t shirt and was a part of a drawing for a replica NXT championship (I didn't win). 

Guest Edwin

FWIW --

That is the best Reina Gonzalez match I've ever seen. She worked snuggish and wasn't as timid as she usually is and she hit a pretty brutal lariat for the finish.

I'm excited for this Dream/Dijakovic feud. That should be a fun match when it happens.

I assume the Undisputed Era breakup teases are some master plan leading to Cole as champ. I assume once that happens Strong will go after Dream and the NA title.

Glad they are seemingly building to Io/Shayna though I'm disappointed Sky Pirates might already be over.

12 minutes ago, Edwin said:

FWIW --

That is the best Reina Gonzalez match I've ever seen. She worked snuggish and wasn't as timid as she usually is and she hit a pretty brutal lariat for the finish.

I'm kind of annoyed to hear this since its a dark match. Been wanting to see more of Reina and her Hansen inspired gimmick. For that matter I still want to see her and Rhea's team.

35 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Glad they are seemingly building to Io/Shayna though I'm disappointed Sky Pirates might already be over.

I was under the impression they were being brought in by Paige for next week's Smackdown show.  If they're splitting then that really sucks though I kind of understand why.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

- NXT Women's championship: Shayna Baszler def. Kairi Sane by DQ when Io Shirai pushes Baszler out of the way to protect an injured Sane. Kairi can no longer get a rematch for the women's title. 

Post match: Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir attack Shirai and make her watch as Baszler stomps Sane's shoulder. 

I hate to say this because I adore them both but this really makes Io like the biggest geeks possible.  She not only inadvertently costs Kairi her last shot at the title but gets beat up anyway?  Yeah, not sure about that one.  Hopefully it plays out better on TV.

Guest Edwin
Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

I hate to say this because I adore them both but this really makes Io like the biggest geeks possible.  She not only inadvertently costs Kairi her last shot at the title but gets beat up anyway?  Yeah, not sure about that one.  Hopefully it plays out better on TV.

Its much worse.

Shayna is about to stomp Kairi's elbow. Io attacks Shayna for the DQ. Shaffir and Duke pull Io out of the ring and they have her look on as Shayna still stomps Kairi's elbow. ??‍♂️

16 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was under the impression they were being brought in by Paige for next week's Smackdown show.  If they're splitting then that really sucks though I kind of understand why.

Outside of the two doing a match together there wasn't really much left for Kairi to do in NXT so it make sense that they would move her up. I don't see Becky holding both titles for super long on the main roster so whatever heel takes one I assume Kairi will go after later in the year. Besides we need to get Kairi familiarized with the main roster audience so we can have her enter on a pirate ship in a big match next WM. It won't happen, but I can dream.

• Like 1

Re: Paige's team

There hasn't been any "reporting" on it just folks sorta logical guessing. Two of those happened to have Kairi in them though

Sky Pirates (duh)

Kairi/Candice LaRae (this came from them being in the Rumble together and Meltzer saying they have both been on "the list")

There was another team speculated but I am spacing on who that third was

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Re: Paige's team

There hasn't been any "reporting" on it just folks sorta logical guessing. Two of those happened to have Kairi in them though

Sky Pirates (duh)

Kairi/Candice LaRae (this came from them being in the Rumble together and Meltzer saying they have both been on "the list")

There was another team speculated but I am spacing on who that third was

War Raiders?

I don't even know where the hell to put this but it's about Dijakovic 

Dominik Dijakovic debuted a new gimmick at last night’s NXT television taping. After defeating a jobber, he cut a promo talking about his family immigrating to the United States and how he wants the North American title. In his second bout, he defeated Mansoor and Velveteen Dream accepted his challenge. Today, the gimmick took a turn that some are describing as being “white nationalist.”

In a now deleted tweet, Dijakovic wrote the following:

"This continent has everything backwards. This is a diseased environment that breeds impurity. The streets are almost as filthy as the inhabitants. I would know, I’ve lived the majority of my life here. I owe it to myself and my family to Purify this wasteland."

He then tagged in the three leaders of North America: Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau, and Andrés Manuel López Obrador. As one would expect, this message got an immediate backlash from fans and was deleted less than 30 minutes later.

With the tweet deleted, it appears that there are second thoughts on his new gimmick.

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

I don't know if it was Dominik who came up with that or somebody else.  But while I don't believe that indicates his real feelings that tweet is just astoundingly stupid.

And while I hate emojis a whole bunch of   ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️definitely fit.

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

Those promos were great. That tweet is terrible. I hope they don't pull the plug on those promos and on the gimmick because of that tweet.

17 minutes ago, Edwin said:

For what its worth -- he is gone from Twitter.

Oh, shit he did delete it.  AND for good measure he deleted his Instagram as well.  That's a bit extreme of a reaction when all he had to do was take the tweet down and apologize.  I guess he or somebody in the company felt by it getting to three national leaders even a deleted tweet would lead to a lot of trouble.

Whoa - how did that tweet and that gimmick get green lighted? This a company that runs from ANYTHING political these days let alone running a nationalist gimmick. That tweet could get him and an agent fired. 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, Eivion said:

I'm excited for this Dream/Dijakovic feud. That should be a fun match when it happens.

I assume the Undisputed Era breakup teases are some master plan leading to Cole as champ. I assume once that happens Strong will go after Dream and the NA title.

I hope this is the case. I don't want the Undisputed Era ever broken up. 

Adam Cole- NXT champion, Roderick Strong- North American champion, Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish- Tag team champions

Yeah, that would make me happy.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 12:38 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Oh, shit he did delete it.  AND for good measure he deleted his Instagram as well.  That's a bit extreme of a reaction when all he had to do was take the tweet down and apologize.  I guess he or somebody in the company felt by it getting to three national leaders even a deleted tweet would lead to a lot of trouble.

My understanding is the talent themselves gets to run their social media however they want. They're given notes about feuds and stuff, but otherwise, that's all them. 

The WWE deals with the repercussions after. So, yeah, someone got screamed at for that little gem. 

With the benefit of hindsight - it is clear that they weren't doing anything major at these tapings that would get fucked over by the Shakeup

I am curious if they move the War Raiders match up a week to address them being called up.

Also will be interesting if we starting seeing insert videos for any "new" folks who might be added to the roster

25 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Has it been said specifically that NXT will be adding people, or were they just "part of" the Superstar Shake-Up?

Never specifically but for awhile it seemed that is what they were doing

The beginning of that video recaps the Triple H quote that started the fuss (along with the video itself)

It seems obvious now they really just meant "part of"

Also poking around online - the WWE knows that the majority of fans (ie: the ones not on social media) would view it as a demotion which is why even if they do it, it would be done on the down low.