DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

Takes place next week on RAW and Smackdown Live. Now there's a thread so we can speculate and then find out where wrestlers go. 

Last year Smackdown Live won in a rare event, let's credit Paige ;). Smackdown Live's great so I hope it's not damaged. Looking ahead to when the WWE returns to the UK in November, it should be Smackdown Live where I am so that's another reason. There's more wrestlers I'm a fan of unlike RAW.

• Like 1

Getting to see Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, AJ Styles, Becky Lynch and Asuka live. Here's hoping and as noted, it should be Smackdown Live's turn. I've watched Joe for years but never seen him in person.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

So, with the results from yesterday, I think it's safe to assume the Usos are getting moved to Raw as, aside from Sanity, they've run over everyone on Smackdown twice.  And Raw's probably seen the last of Bayley.  

Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see Finn & Joe swap shows as Joe/Braun and eventually Finn/AJ are both programs that could be incredible.

• Like 2

I'm guessing Murphy and maybe one other dude gets shifted to SDL or Raw. I'd rather see Murphy on SDL, but that's just because that's usually the better show and I want Murphy vs Rey, vs Andrade, vs Joe, etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

A good opportunity to pull Sin Cara from whatever he's doing and have him hang out with the Lucha House Party instead of...doing whatever he's doing.

He is injured

Well was injured as he has been at the PC recently waiting to get cleared

58 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I expect Buddy Murphy immediately jumps in at the world title level like Ali.

I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

I'm for this.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

He is injured

Well was injured as he has been at the PC recently waiting to get cleared

Have they even capitalized on the publicity Sin Cara could have gotten over the Wolves player wearing his match in the FA cup? 

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, with the results from yesterday, I think it's safe to assume the Usos are getting moved to Raw as, aside from Sanity, they've run over everyone on Smackdown twice.  And Raw's probably seen the last of Bayley.  

Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see Finn & Joe swap shows as Joe/Braun and eventually Finn/AJ are both programs that could be incredible.

I want Joe kept the fuck away from Braun. As badly as Braun has been booked and as well as Joe has been lately, I still see a Bruan/Joe feud being a lopsided squash for Braun. Even in defeat, Joe maintains the aura of a monster while Braun feels like Hillbilly Jim right about now.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm guessing Murphy and maybe one other dude gets shifted to SDL or Raw. I'd rather see Murphy on SDL, but that's just because that's usually the better show and I want Murphy vs Rey, vs Andrade, vs Joe, etc.

If they're shifting from 205 Live, it'd be kind of weird: They started the Oney Lorcan/Cedric Alexander feud, but you'd have to assume that, since they called up Mustafa Ali, then the Shakeup would take the other two of last year's "big 3" for 205, so Murphy and Cedric would get the call. 

There'd be the NXT or NXT-UK potential callups, but that'd also be a question mark since Lorcan already got the call from NXT to 205 Live, and we've already seen NXT-UK workers on 205 Live normally (to the point if, say, Mark Andrews got the call to 205 Live, it wouldn't really change anything.) 

47 minutes ago, D.Z said:

I want them to split up tags. One guy keeping the tag gimmick and the other guy getting a new gimmick was always amusing to me.

I want The Bar split up. I wouldn't mind Ricochet and Aleister split since they are the epitome of two singles guys thrown together.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

I’d like to see the Revival go to Smackdown to feud with the Hardys.

It wouldn’t necessarily be a fresh matchup, but I’d like to see Murphy go to Smackdown and feud with Ali, just so their matches can actually be seen by people.

I'll have a crack. No idea how they will include NXT/205 so not game to make any predictions. I also don't think they will do anything official with Lesnar/Rousey going to SDL for the Fox deal. They will just come and go as they please. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see Brock again until the debut episode on Fox. 

New to RAW:
Kevin Owens - Was supposedly going to win the title at Mania, much easier to do this on Raw now as Kofi needs a run.
Samoa Joe - Putting the US title on Raw, mostly so I can get Balor on SDL.
Sheamus - No real reason other than they called out splitting up teams and both he and Cesaro can work singles.
Rey Mysterio - Can work up and down the card, wrestled everyone on SDL.
Luke Harper - Give him some room to grow.
Nakamura - Going nowhere on SDL. On Raw he can work slightly longer matches so might be more motivated? Last chance at this point.
The Usos - Obviously.
Buddy Murphy - Gets him to Alexa and, as with Nak, with a 3 hour show more chance for screen time.
Truth - No real reason, but I would love to see them grow the "John Cena is my hero" deal into a tag team with Cena. Who wouldn't love K-Kwik & the Dr of Thuganomics as tag team champs over through SummerSlam?

Carmella - Goes with Truth
Naomi - Goes with Uso
Mandy Rose - Give her a big push away from Charlotte/Lacey.

Alexander Black (officially)
Lars Sullivan (officially)

New to SDL:
Finn Balor - Put the IC title on SDL and let he and AJ finally fight with all the 'shooty' club promos.
Drew MacIntyre - Push him to the moon to take the belt from Kofi.
Sami Zayn - Add him to Bryan's troupe and let them cut promos together PLEASE!
Chad Gable - Time for the singles run.
Mojo Rawley - They clearly like him but never seem to push him. Gronk on Fox?
Breezango - Get them back where they made their name
The Revival (if they stick around, otherwise B Team) - Change of scene.
Lio Rush - Not sure what they think of him but if he is going to be a worker then SDL is the place. Might be stuck like the Singhs and Elias doing the out of ring stuff though?

Lacey Evans (officially)
Bayley
Liv Morgan

Ricochet (offcially)
EC3 (offically) - Do SOMETHING with the guy.

Edited by L_W_P