DVDVR Message Board

NHL OFFSEASON (New season starts 10/2/19)

RIPPA

Kane got 3 games which seems light for official abuse, but having seen the video it looks like it was an honest mistake where a linseman got in the middle of two guys at the wrong time and I don't think Kane was actually trying to slash at him at all. The shoving match that ensued after was just two dudes getting heated about dumb dude stuff. So three games seems fine.

He took a swing at the linesman. And claimed the linesman "jumped" him. In stunned he got less than 10.  They decided it was a category 3. A category 2, which this appeared to be, has a minimum 10 games with it. 

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I mean, the linesman absolutely jumped him. I don't think that's actually in dispute.

You have an odd definition of "jumped". The linesman got in front of him, grabbed hold of his jersey, and Kane fell down. The linesman wasn't rough with him, didn't throw him to the ground, didn't whip him around, didn't grab him from behind, nothing. He did the same thing every linesman since the beginning of time has done. 

AFTER getting slashed violently in the back of the leg. Unintentional or not (clearly unintentional), dude showed major restraint. 

If you can watch that video and don't see an official building up his personal big dick energy and throwing a man tantrum, I honestly don't know what to tell you. That you're calling this a play every linseman in history makes while calling that little stick swing that happens 1500 times an NHL season a "violent slash" because it happens to have caught a linseman that picked a bad time to jump in, is just the icing on the cake. Please stop whatever it is you're doing here.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:38 PM, Death From Above said:

I remember seeing him play live as a kid at least once in Edmonton, the one season he was with the Rangers. Bunch of fans went nuts every time he touched the puck, doing the Guy chant. In hindsight I think that was pretty cool, he's probably the biggest legend of an era of hockey from before my time that I can actually remember seeing play.

The first game he played in Montreal after coming out of retirement is wild.

It was wild when Guy was in his prime.  It looked like he was running out there while everyone else was walking.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to NHL OFFSEASON (New season starts 10/2/19)
  • Dolfan in NYC locked and unpinned this topic