DVDVR Message Board

NXT - APRIL 2019

RIPPA

Forgot it was April already

Based on the WWE court document - these are the taping dates through at least October

Full Sail University has shows on 4/10, 5/12, 6/12, 6/13, 9/11, 9/12, 10/24.

Guest Edwin

I'm hoping get a performance from WALTER at next Wednesday's tapings as the next NXT UK taping will be from Axxess.

That week in June with 2 tapings also has a live in Orlando on the 15, so 3 events the same week.

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

Hard not to root for the guy.  He's been through some stuff.

Triple H - blubbery mess doesn't make that easier to watch

• Sad 2

Kairi/Bianca from tonight had some rough points, but was generally nice. I like that the entire women's roster came down to drag the horsewomen away while also dishing out cheap shots. It was a decent payoff to Shayna and co. constantly pissing them off. Was nice to see the women's division get the main event slot in general for the go home show.

I absolutely loved the Gargano/Cole segment on the 4/3 TV show. I'm a big mark for showing guys training for their matches and wish they would do more of it for the big time matches. Cole being incredulous at Gargano calling himself Johnny Takeover was outstanding douchebaggery. Can't wait for Takeover

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

I absolutely loved the Gargano/Cole segment on the 4/3 TV show. I'm a big mark for showing guys training for their matches and wish they would do more of it for the big time matches. Cole being incredulous at Gargano calling himself Johnny Takeover was outstanding douchebaggery. Can't wait for Takeover

I'm with you there.

WWE uploaded a 20 minute extended version of both training camps. Suddenly I'm all in.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, nofuture said:

Hard not to root for the guy.  He's been through some stuff.

Counterpoint:  Fuck that bald sonofabitch.   ?

(Get well soon Tomasso!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

9 hours ago, Rick said:

I'm with you there.

WWE uploaded a 20 minute extended version of both training camps. Suddenly I'm all in.

Same. Still remember the sports build to Rock vs. Brock from SummerSlam 2002.

• Like 3

I think they've exhausted the run in finish for the womens division title picture so I hope we get some sort of closure at Takeover. The title has to come off Shayna.

Belair and Kairi wasnt bad, but it surely wasnt the smoothest of matches. I could have done without the taunting and playfulness mixed in there too. It's too late in the race imo. 

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yes, I'm partial because I like Slipknot, but I think that may be the best video package WWE has ever put together, regardless of which brand. My favorite part comes in at 2:02.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

In my eyes, BBelair is far from ready for the amount of push she is receiving. She looks over-rehearsed, often awkward and occasionally lost. She is certainly an athletic specimen (as the announcers mention ever so frequently) and has undeniable charisma but she uses "cool heel" mannerisms to get over but tries to come off as a face, both in the ring and on interviews. I believe she  (and the audience) would be better served by picking a side, getting good at it and then turning and learning. She is green and overexposed, and I would hate to not see her develop more slowly. Maybe she is too good at the training part but the subtleties need to be worked on.

- RAF

p.s. - I don't like the hair gimmick and can't wait for someone to tie that Kimo-tail to a rope, turnbuckle or ringpost. That's what Piper or Blassie would do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

In my eyes, BBelair is far from ready for the amount of push she is receiving. She looks over-rehearsed, often awkward and occasionally lost. She is certainly an athletic specimen (as the announcers mention ever so frequently) and has undeniable charisma but she uses "cool heel" mannerisms to get over but tries to come off as a face, both in the ring and on interviews. I believe she  (and the audience) would be better served by picking a side, getting good at it and then turning and learning. She is green and overexposed, and I would hate to not see her develop more slowly. Maybe she is too good at the training part but the subtleties need to be worked on.

- RAF

p.s. - I don't like the hair gimmick and can't wait for someone to tie that Kimo-tail to a rope, turnbuckle or ringpost. That's what Piper or Blassie would do. 

All of what you said is accurate, yet, somehow there is something endearing about BBelair, maybe it's the fidgeting between cool heel mannerisms to get a pop and babyface work on the mic. I don't know,  maybe it's that she's amazingly cute, I dunno, I just know that I'm willing to forgive her a ton of faux paus as she progresses to a bonafide star.

8 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

- RAF

It's almost as if she needs to be in a developmental territory so she can work out the kinks in her character work.  For someone who started training three years ago, she's better than most women who've been in the business for a decade.  She is not the best worker on the show, but that is because the NXT women have perhaps the 3 of the 5 best women workers in the world.  I think we lose sight of the fact that NXT is where people like Bianca Belair go to actually learn all the things you are talking about.  She has the opportunity to work with Kairi Sane, Io Shirai, and Shayna Baszler.  That's a hell of a privilege that gives her every opportunity to reach her sky-high potential.  No, she's not perfect, but she's on track to be great in a place that makes greatness as easy as possible to achieve.  She's next up, none of the other performance center trainees are anywhere close to ready.  

• Like 1