DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Your saying come on WWE be the bigger person just this once and I think they are going to let you down on this one but i’m with you. ?

Well if you want to be fair this is less a WWE issue and more a vets vs. new guys issue. If the vets weren't complaining, WWE wouldn't do shit about it. They seemingly don't anyways at this point. Its why Enzo was still getting pushed until he truly fucked up with the company itself.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Fuck you carry your own damn bags. I wouldn't let somebody carry my bags let alone carry somebody else's begs. Let Rush go, let him sign with All Elite and become a star. His height is always gonna keep him at a certain level in the WWE.

You know who's big break in the business came about because of carrying people's bags? Triple H. That's why he was allowed into the Kliq in '95. Shawn, World Champ. Nash, World Champ. Razor, IC Champ. Kid, IC Champ. Hunter Hearst Helmsley? Gofer.

As far as not going along with the young boy duties, presumably everyone in the locker room until HAS gone along with them, so even though it's petty bullshit... well, a lot of us have some level or other of seniority in our workplaces, yeah? Most of us? If some young new kid started at your work, and made a big deal about refusing to do something you did happily when you were new... if it personally inconvenienced you that they weren't doing it, would you take it as 'It's a Bullshit rule anyway' or would you take it as 'Fucker thinks he's better than me'?

• Like 3

That's the most ridiculous argument. Nothing at my job compares to carrying bags for people (that they could carry themselves) and waiting around to serve them water bottles (that they can get themselves). Laughable ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

That's the most ridiculous argument. Nothing at my job compares to carrying bags for people (that they could carry themselves) and waiting around to serve them water bottles (that they can get themselves). Laughable ?

No, outside of Wrestling, it's called an Internship, where you do the work for free to pay your dues.

• Like 3

Carrying someone's bags seems like a bitch move to me. Pardon the term but fuck that carry your own bags it doesn't say respect to me it comes off more as you are that persons errand boy than anything else. I may be projecting here but carry your own damn bags. 

Also carrying others people's bags screams wrasslin to me an not sports entertainment. Someone tell Vince.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AxB said:

You know who's big break in the business came about because of carrying people's bags? Triple H. That's why he was allowed into the Kliq in '95. Shawn, World Champ. Nash, World Champ. Razor, IC Champ. Kid, IC Champ. Hunter Hearst Helmsley? Gofer.

As far as not going along with the young boy duties, presumably everyone in the locker room until HAS gone along with them, so even though it's petty bullshit... well, a lot of us have some level or other of seniority in our workplaces, yeah? Most of us? If some young new kid started at your work, and made a big deal about refusing to do something you did happily when you were new... if it personally inconvenienced you that they weren't doing it, would you take it as 'It's a Bullshit rule anyway' or would you take it as 'Fucker thinks he's better than me'?

It's the whole point of an internship. To do the grunt work. 

45 minutes ago, Raziel said:

No, outside of Wrestling, it's called an Internship, where you do the work for free to pay your dues.

17 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

It's the whole point of an internship. To do the grunt work. 

At least in the funeral field, interns get paid for doing the grunt work on top of the training and experience.

Except Lio isn't doing an internship. He's a hired and contracted employee (fuck the independent contractor label) and his job description doesn't include being someone's fucking slave. The same goes for anyone else "new" to the company.

And if you are in an internship, you're getting paid in experience. You're not doing "grunt work," you're doing the work to prepare you to move into that line of work. Don't fucking tell me that when a student pursuing an education degree has to student teach or someone pursuing a nursing degree has to do work in hospitals and nursing homes is the same thing as carrying someone's bags, getting someone's water, and basically being a servant.

If you want to look at this shit like it's an internship where the idea is that you're being paid in experience, then the experience is that you're a nothing piece of shit and not a talented and athletic in ring performer.

Stuff like this makes me hate WWE, Vince, and most of that whole management regime. They're fucked up. It's 2019 and they should be past this whole bullshit of humiliating wrestlers backstage and on screen and expecting them to be a servant like it's still the 70s, 80s, or even 90s. Good on Lio for not falling for it.

As for HHH, he was in the Kliq because he was the one who didn't drink and could be the DD, not because he was the bag boy.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Raziel said:

That's what they signed up for I don't believe carrying bags and setting tables is in the job description of these independent contractors. 

• Like 1

Holy shit, are people defending the idea that Lio Rush should be handing out water to people backstage because it's "like an internship?"

Those posts are a troll, correct? I'm just going to assume so for the sake of sane discussion in general. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brandon-E said:

Who would you say is the worst active wrestler employed by a major promotion right now?

I assume we're just talking about WWE and NJPW? I mean...Yoshi Hashi is pretty bad. Tamina?

Calling it now and it's not like this is much of a stretch, but I'm willing to bet Page beats Pac and then Moxley fucking annihilates Page post-match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Calling it now and it's not like this is much of a stretch, but I'm willing to bet Page beats Pac and then Moxley fucking annihilates Page post-match.

I said it in the AEW thread when it came out Ambrose was leaving; he’s staring down the pac/page winner.

This feels like a big deal. As bad as Wwe is right now, he could put a lot of eyes on the product of competing companies....

• Like 5