DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

I've got 3 or 4 so far.  The one I'm suing right now isn't the best apparently, and it's underleveled, but it will reliably kill just about anything quickly.  Stuff that took 10 minutes to kill with my best guns dies in 2-3 shots.  

I die a bunch, half the time from killing myself accidentally, but the guns are worth it.

On 4/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I just heard about Yellowcake this morning

That would require me to deal with the bullshit to get one though

You could always buy one on Ebay.  Cost you about 4 bucks in actual dollars.  Factory new.  Plus, free shipping!

On 4/29/2020 at 3:20 PM, Robert C said:

I've got 3 or 4 so far.  The one I'm suing right now isn't the best apparently, and it's underleveled, but it will reliably kill just about anything quickly.  Stuff that took 10 minutes to kill with my best guns dies in 2-3 shots.  

I die a bunch, half the time from killing myself accidentally, but the guns are worth it.

I just got mine a few days ago. I have the same problem. I feel like Schwarzenegger in Commando until I strafe my dumbass right in front of a pole or something and blow myself to smithereens.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Making my way through Bounty of Blood since it dropped a week ago or so. The story has been pretty solid so far, and I do like the Waylon Jennings, Dukes of Hazzard-esque narrator that pops up every so often to advance the story.

It's more Borderlands 3. You know what to expect, honestly.

And just like that, it's over.

I'm not sure if my character is just overpowered or what it was, but the final two boss battles may have taken me a total, combined, of three minutes. I did find an incredibly powerful orange pistol w/radiation damage towards the end of the DLC that allowed me to just rip through everything. Still have a bunch of sidequest stuff to do, but I'll get around to that eventually.

The bounty after you defeat the final boss of this DLC is huge, too. . .several orange weapons and a whole ton of cash. I could go back to Marcus for a bunch of SDUs and it would barely even make a dent.

But, it was fun overall, and now we wait for the last DLC in (presumably) September.

Edited by Gonzo

• 3 weeks later...

Patch released today with some pretty cool stuff. They took out a bunch of the shitty anointments (like the airborn ones), added the ability to use the Fabricator to make legendaries, you can buy mission rewards from Crazy Earl, vending machines now have a small chance to have a legendary as the item of the day, they also fixed it so the item of the day will only be blue rarity or higher, buffed chests/badass enemy drops to give better stuff, etc.

Full  list here:

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-07-23-borderlands-3-patch-hotfixes-july-23/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is technically the most fitting place for this

Tales for the Borderlands will return to digital storefronts next Wednesday (Feb 17)

The re-release is all 5 chapters. The only thing it won't have is the stats at the end of each chapter comparing your choices to the community at large

• 2 weeks later...