DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

Finished the game last night. Man, that last battle was amazingly underwhelming. I don't know if I was just at a way higher level than I was supposed to be (finished at Level 45), but it wasn't even much of a fight. Given that all the stuff that Tyreen dropped and from looting the vault was in the mid-30s level-wise, I'm guessing that I was way overleveled for the end.

Have to go back and get one Typhon Dead Drop (in the ruins. . .got all the logs but didn't go back and get the cache) and one Dead Claptrap (in the Pyre of Stars). Then I can spend some time playing around with the Eridian Fabricator and see what kind of arsenal I can build for myself in case I want to try True Vault Hunter Mode or Mayhem Mode.

• 2 weeks later...

For any of you that haven't played it yet, the first DLC "Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot" is absolutely tremendous. Only downside to it is seeing Handsome Jack back (even just in recap videos) shows just how weak Tyreen and Troy are as villains compared to him. 

Making my way through the DLC now. Got my Moze to Level 50, which I think is the first time I've ever gotten a character of mine to max level in a game like this.

Just getting to Trashlantis, which looks like it's going to be interesting.

Would be nice if they would give some hints about what the next DLC is.

The DLC is what the main game should have been. The quest named The Plan (I think) is one of Borderlands best quests ever. The drop rates for legendaries feels rewarding to the point where it's worth it to farm for the specific annointed item that you want. I hope the rest of the dlc will be of this quality. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going through and leveling up some of my lower characters now.  Died about 20 times in a row last night trying to deal with the awful jumping puzzle to get the COV radio right outside where Hammerlock is being held.  Ran into a fun little bug with movement speed.  I was wearing a shield that gave 10% additional speed when the shield is fully charged.  I guess the speed boosts must've stacked somehow when I died, because by the end I was running insanely quickly.  It made killing Warden ridiculously easy.  Unfortunately, it made the jump puzzle progressively harder.  I was finally able to fix it by switching shields.

• 2 weeks later...

They've made the scaling down of the Maliwan Blacksite raid permanent (so it will scale appropriately to how many people are in your party) and supposedly may be making the recent loot drop increases permanent as well. 

Buried in that tweet (like 3 links deep) is the plan to raise the Level Cap to 53 starting with the event.

Also you will finally have the option to "opt out" of an event (ie: turn off the game wide effects of said event)

They also promise that skippable cutscenes will be put in place in the "Feb patch"

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Buried in that tweet (like 3 links deep) is the plan to raise the Level Cap to 53 starting with the event.

Also you will finally have the option to "opt out" of an event (ie: turn off the game wide effects of said event)

They also promise that skippable cutscenes will be put in place in the "Feb patch"

All of that falls under "about damn time"

Yeah he started out hot, directing "Cabin Fever" and the "Hostel" horror movies which were all pretty successful (even though they were all shit) . He's gotten away from it recently doing stuff like Death Wish (the Bruce Willis remake) and The House With A Clock In It's Walls (Jack Black movie from a couple years ago)

• Like 1

Things that would make me possibly watch a BL movie.:

1 - not live action

2 - First scene has Scooter come back from the dead and strap Rhys and Vaughn to a rocket.  He then launches em into the nearest sun while hollering a triumphant catch a ride.  Neither of them is ever mentioned again.

3 - Every subsequent scene includes at least one of Tina, Torgue, Tannis or Wainwright Jakobs

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

Things that would make me possibly watch a BL movie.:

1 - not live action

2 - First scene has Scooter come back from the dead and strap Rhys and Vaughn to a rocket.  He then launches em into the nearest sun while hollering a triumphant catch a ride.  Neither of them is ever mentioned again.

3 - Every subsequent scene includes at least one of Tina, Torgue, Tannis or Wainwright Jakobs

Can we get Gary Busey to play Torgue?