DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

Tried to finish the Voracious Canopy junk, including the Family Jewel mission, all in one run, but path bugs and spawn glitches caused me to rage quit.  

Silver linings, I finally pinned my ears back and finished the Revoker and Recluse PvP pinnacle weapon quests in Destiny 2.  OVERWHELMING FIREPOWER, BITCHES~!

I did enjoy the part of the mission where Moze talks to BALEX about whether or not his name is an acronym and in return she gives BALEX her full name. 

Moserah Hayussinian Yan-Lun al-Amir Andreyevna.

Hebrew, Chinese, and Arabic origins.  Wow...

Damn.  And here I thought my last name was a prime candidate for butchery.

I've got nearly all of the challenges done for Voracious Canopy, but I have a feeling I left a Typhon log hanging out there somewhere on the Western side of the map where the Failurebot side mission takes place. 

If I don't find it before the end of the mission, I'll cheat and come back to get it later.

Edited by J.T.

Kategawa Ball died in about 30 seconds.  The other boss that killed us a bunch of times did it again, but we managed to space our space our 10-12 respawns out well enough to beat him without his damn armor resetting.  

Melraz's theory was exactly right on Tannis (late game spoiler):

Spoiler

Yup, she's a siren now.  So now we've got a batshit crazy genius with Angel's powers on our side.

It's just crazy that his character has the inventory slot freedom of one much further along than mine, yet when I mention plot points I think he'd appreciate I find myself neatly spoiling the game for him.

Killavolt went down on the first try, kinda.  He I got him down to a sliver of health before he knocked me into FFYL with no adds around to kill.  I pumped him with my legendary incendiary pistol and just after I went down the flames got him.  So I popped the challenge for getting a second wind off of a boss character without actually getting a second wind.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - found the new platforming section that will infuriate @J.T.

Reveal hidden contents

The Broadcast tower in the Yard

Not hardly.  That was pretty easy.

My most infuriating platforming experience by far is

Spoiler

The Jabber village in the Voracious Canopy that you have to visit during Failurebot's side mission.  

Not only do you have to climb and platform, but the Jabbers are also trying to fucking kill you as you move along.

It gets worse though.  There is a part of the mission where you have to deliberately kill yourself and pay for a New U rez in order to move the quest along.  

You'll know it when it comes and you will hate it.

Edited by J.T.

For those of you still "chasing" the Florida Man achievement, here is a bit of advice.

If you are going to deliberately try to blow yourself up, do it somewhere like Atlas HQ where friendly NPC's will be able to revive you before you die and are charged with a rez by New U.

Oh, and the explosion has to be the thing that puts you into FFYL mode.   If your grenade has a DoT and that's the thing that puts you down, you won't unlock the achievement.

If you take off your shield and throw two grenades instead of one, that usually does the trick.

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The game giving me a steady stream of gold rocket launchers is infuriating

I haven't seen one of those yet, I think.  Somebody (Kategawa, I think) gave me two gold shotguns last night.  One of them was the beloved Conference Call.  Fire version unfortunately, but I'm glad to finally have a shotgun I actually like.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The game giving me a steady stream of gold rocket launchers is infuriating

Really?  I don't get many rocket launchers at all.  I get all the pistols, most of the smgs, some of the shotguns, an occasional assault rifle, and the rare rocket launcher.  I swear I get 25 pistols before I get a rocket launcher.  

I've had a at least a couple gold SMGs, a bunch of pistols, at least two shotguns, at least one AR and a bunch of grenades.  Not a single sniper or rocket launcher.

Playing out of order is causing interesting stuff, especially since I'm telling it to skip things I've already done.  I've met at least one person after their death.  Last night it was ignoring the skip completed stuff setting for a long time, so I killed Kategawa for the second time in this playthrough.  Then it refused to allow the next mission to progress (I think the second to last main story one on Promethea).  I eventually exited and restarted.  When I did, it skipped forward like two planets.

11 hours ago, RUkered said:

Is that the one with the guy who talks like New Orleans Boomhauer?

THE PACT~!

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am going to Jakobs Mansion and I am not sure if I stumbled across one of the Halloween missions or this is always here

Stupid Witches' Brew

I hated that shit too.  It finally dawned on me that the fucking mutant Tinks will just keep spawning if you don't destroy the cauldrons first and then clear out the enemies.

Counterintuitive to normal Borderlands mission play.

I put down the Family Jewel AI boss.  She dropped zero Legendary weapons for me, but at least I had some cash to burn on the slot machines on Sanctuary.   I got some decent Level 31 weapons to swap out the 28's I've been using, but the machines dropped no gold reward items.  I'll come back when I have more money.

Not brave enough to play the slot machine that only takes Eridium.

So Ice-T is now the Navigational AI for Sanctuary III.  Awesome!

Edited by J.T.

Finally left Pandora, but I was only level 9 when I left. I wound up hitting level 10 on the ship though. 

The biggest issue that's sticking out to me is that none of the humor is landing. I think maybe 10 years ago or more I probably would have found it funny, but it's so much like Family Guy where it's just jokesjokesjokesjokesjokesreferencesjokesreferencesjokes and maybe 1 out of 10 or 1 out of 15 jokes is landing. I love to laugh and I love comedy, but this is just...bad. I remember being humored by Borderlands 1 and 2, so maybe this is just an age thing for me.

Despite that, I'm really digging the gun play, but I do wish it was a bit more difficult. I'm not digging enemies just standing in front of you while you mow them down. And I'm constantly out of ammo, so that sucks.

I also haven't found any really great guns, save for one shotgun that also acts as a sniper rifle. I did find an epic AR, but the look down sight is all purple and you can't see shit through it. 

Anyway, I'm still digging the game, but it's definitely not without its problems. Thankfully, I haven't run into any slowdown yet so that's going well and the game does play incredibly smoothly. 

So with Rogue Sight in hand, I'm off to find Vault Key Fragment #2.

And Holy Shit, Ambermere is fucking enormous.  Does every zone on Eden-6 have to be the same size or bigger than the zones for the previous planets? 

Scouring the map for challenges is so ridiculously time consuming on the maps where you aren't allowed to use a vehicle.  I guess that's what constitutes "game hours."

I've got a Legendary Artifact now and I hope I get my last item slot unlocked soon because I have damn near sold this fucking thing by accident four or five times now.

What is with Dr. Zed and him selling bomb ass class mods for every one but the Gunner I'm running?

Edited by J.T.

Got this from the Gamestop Borderlands 3 board. What's included in the new patch

This week's Borderlands 3 hot fixes, which will be live by or before 3:00 PM PDT today, target weapon & enemy balance, player characters, and adjusting chances of specific unique drops. Billions of guns were fired and after collecting some data, we wanted to balance some weapon types and weapon manufacturers. These adjustments are intended to even the playing field and increase build diversity for all Vault Hunters. Speaking of build diversity, Zane has received a gadget upgrade and we're excited to see players create more unique builds with him! Many Crew Challenge enemies have specific loot drops but we received reports that some were not dropping them. We have made some modifications so they now have an increased chance of dropping their unique gear in addition to any other gear that may drop!

Weapon Hotfixes
Sniper Rifles

Sniper rifles deal high damage but felt a little cumbersome to use in certain scenarios. This change will increase their overall damage and increase usability in more combat engagements.

Critical Damage increased by 20%
Fire Rate increased by 15%
Time to Aim Down Sights (ADS) reduced by 15%
Time to Equip reduced by 20%
Pistols

Jakobs and Torgue Pistols were outperforming other manufacturers, dealing damage to groups of enemies at a much higher rate than other pistols. This change keeps their identity intact but reduces overall group control. TEDIORE, DAHL, and Children of the Vault Pistols have manufacturer penalties that affected their overall damage. Increasing their overall damage will overcome some of the penalties while retaining their unique gameplay style and feel.

Increased damage on all TEDIORE Pistols by 15%
Increased damage on all DAHL Pistols by 15%
Increased damage on all Children of the Vault Pistols by 20%
Reduced damage on Jakobs Pistols by 15%
Reduced damage on Torgue Pistols by 10%
Maliwan Manufacturer

Maliwan weapons had reduced overall damage because they applied elemental DoTs at a rate and damage greatly above other manufacturers. This effect was toned down before launch, but the overall damage was not sufficiently adjusted to compensate for the reduction in elemental DoTs. We're adding back some of the overall damage and making the weapons faster so elemental builds can really take advantage of Maliwan weaponry.

All Maliwan Weapon Damage increased by 25%
All Maliwan Weapon Fire Rate increased by 20%
Atlas Manufacturer

Atlas weapons relied on a game loop that we felt gave players a greater advantage when used correctly. Turns out the loop is not used if the damage doesn't compensate for the time to set up. So now damage on Atlas weapons should facilitate players using them in general on top of feeling badass when they take advantage of Atlas technology.

All Atlas Weapon Damage increased by 25%
Miscellaneous Adjustments

The Jakobs Assault Rifle change was to differentiate the Assault Rifle from the pistol as more of a mid to long range powerhouse. Since the Assault Rifles have low mag sizes compared to other Assault Rifles, they're getting a slight increase to overall damage to compensate. DAHL SMGs had their Fire Rates adjusted down before launch but their damage was never sufficiently increased so they should feel more appropriate compared to other SMGs. And the Vladof Heavy Weapon damage has been increased to share in the full Heavy Weapon treatment.

Jakobs Assault Rifles Damage increased by 20%
DAHL SMG Damage increased by 10%
Vladof Heavy Weapon Damage increased by 25%
E-Tech TEDIORE Shotgun Damage increased by 50%
Legendary Modifications

We're going to be making a larger, comprehensive Legendary gear pass but we have included the following changes. King's and Queen's Call were modified to lower the fire rate. The weapon has a limited burst shot count so overall feel of the gun isn't dramatically affected.

King's and Queen's Call Fire Rate reduced by 50%
Firestorm and Storm base Charge Times were reduced to 1 second (down from 2)
Graveward
Graveward's beam attacks did not properly scale based on level so at higher levels, the two beam attacks hardly phased players. Players will find his attacks to be more lethal now. In addition, Graveward is a very large enemy and is too easily susceptible to elemental damage unlike the other large bosses. Elemental damage on Graveward is now greatly reduced but to compensate, Graveward's overall health was reduced.

Attacks of Graveward now scale based on level
Reduced overall health by 20%
Increased resistances to Elemental Damage
- Elemental Chance Resistance increased by 70%
- Elemental Resistances increased by 30%
- Elemental DoT Duration taken reduced by 30%
Miscellaneous Changes

Hollow Point Guardian Rank has been temporarily disabled. We plan on addressing this further in a future patch.
Vault Hunters should no longer scream when affected by a DoT while shields are active.
Vending Machines will now be restocked with higher quality "Items of the Day".
Adjusted a visual concern on Maliwan Shotguns with Cryo Element.
Legendary loot drops have been balanced throughout the game. Crew Challenge enemies will drop their intended specific loot, and some enemies like Troy and Rampager will be a bit more stingy and no longer drop Legendaries every kill.
Vault Hunter Adjustments
Zane

Zane's gadgets were great at providing additional utility but lacked impact as players leveled up. We increased the Digi-Clone damage with all equipped weapon so the skill can scale better with players as they get to higher levels and harder content. The Drone requires a lot of player involvement to take full advantage of its damage output and increasing the base damage as well as the augments will greatly increase the Drone's versatility and reward players even more for using it effectively.

Digi-Clone Damage Increased by 38%
Drone Damage increased by 50%
- Cryo Bullets damage penalty removed
- Drone Rocket damage increased by 50%
- Almighty Ordnance Rockets damage increased by 75%
Amara

Guardian Angel health restoration reduced from 100% to 50%
Glamour damage penalty reduced from -30% to -10%
FL4K

Guerillas in the Mist's bonuses greatly outweighed its penalty to the base skill. We don't want to remove the playstyle completely, but the overall damage output had to be slightly adjusted because it was outperforming other builds. We're monitoring the changes and may make another change to the ammo return in a future patch.

Guerillas in the Mist duration reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
Guerillas in the Mist Critical Damage Bonus reduced from 50% to 25%

May your worthless, piece-of-crap soul burn in a special corner of Hell, Troy Calypso. 

Maya has been avenged..  Rest easy, Siren.

Holy Fuck, but that boss fight was a cake walk compared to Katagawa Ball.  DoT weapons for the win.  I only had one scary health moment, but I activated Iron Bear for the save and then resumed the run and gun attack after emerging from my trusty mech.  Eventually Troy's big red bar went to zero. 

One Calypso Twin down and one to go.

The swerve at the end of the Troy boss fight did not fool me, but the subsequent glitch nearly made me break my controller.

Spoiler

I figured that TBC in Borderlands 4 splash screen was bullshit since the achievement for beating the whole game did not pop up.  I'll bet a bunch of people lost their shit when they saw that, though.

However, I did encounter the bug where your character runs the risk of getting stuck in Pandora's upper atmosphere if you kill Troy while his Meteor Swarm ability is still in effect.

Your character apparently has the possibility of getting launched into the stratosphere by the red death rocks falling from the sky while shit is going on during the cutscene.  Now you know that the game engine controlling the virtual world is still running in the background during splash screens and cuscenes.

I had to quit out of my game and restore the save after the extended cutscene finished because Moze was hovering high above in the clouds and would not fall back down.

I was far too enraged to think to make a video to post on my Activity Feed.

I thought I was going to lose the Legendary item that Troy dropped for me when he died (the reason for my aforementioned blind fury), but it ended up in the Lost Item box on Sanctuary.  This kept me from ejecting the game CD and smashing it into tiny shards..

The TK's Wave 2.0 shotty is serving me well.

I am little annoyed that Lilith has lost her Siren powers, but now Tannis and Ava have Siren abilities so I suppose I can live with the power bump even though the plot has granted Siren powers to the batshit craziest member and the most annoying member of the Sanctuary III crew.

After the boss fight, I went back and deciphered all of the Eridian writings on the previous planets.  

Spoiler

The lore is pretty interesting. 

I was about to call bullshit on Lilith loosing her Siren powers while Ava and Tannis gained them, but the Eridian lore I've been collecting talks about the transference of Siren abilities from one person to another.

Also if I am getting the real jist of how Sirens "function,". I am under the impression that male humans are NOT supposed to be Sirens which is why Troy's powers appear to be a destructive aberration of normal Siren abilities. 

This would also explain why his tattoos are / were red instead of the usual blue.

Siren power transference would also explain the Rule of Six and Maya's cryptic "Ava will be a Siren one day" stuff. 

Ava wasn't going to manifest any powers on her own..  Maya was grooming Ava to take the Phaselock ability after Maya eventually died or just got tired of being a Siren. 

In time, Maya would've transferred her powers to Ava and Ava would've assumed her place as the sixth Siren, but Troy Calypso sped up the process by killing Maya and leeching her Phaselock ability. 

Once Troy died, Ava inherited Maya's Phaselock just as planned and became Siren Number Six (or maybe five or less since Tyreen probably still has the powers of at least one additional Siren (Lilith) in addition to her own.

So far, by my count the remaining Sirens are Ava (who has Maya's powers), Tannis (who now has Angel's powers), Tyreen (who has her own powers as well as Lilith's) and (if she's still alive) Dido aka the wife of Typhon Deleon, but I haven't gotten that far in my game yet.

Had to fight a couple of respawned bosses while backtracking.  Only the mini-Balrog LotR easter egg boss from the Demon In The Dark mission at Konrad's Hold dropped another Legendary for me.  I didn't get the Burning Chomper shotgun he's normally supposed to drop, but the Super Bangarang XL auto-pistol I looted from him is BEAST~!

It's a Tediore weapon that turns into a flying spinning turret when you throw the reload!  SWEET~!

I completed my Legendary Feng Shui project in my cabin on Sanctuary III and took a screen shot..  The Golden Trophy Wall of Fame is a source of nerd pride.

After I beat the game with Moze, I will swap Gold guns from the wall to the Bank so that my next character can use them as it levels up. 

Yes, I am screwing Marcus over by using my Wall of Fame as extra storage space rather than pay his punk ass for Bank SDU upgrades.  I will use my solo campaign character as an item mule to swap weapons from this game to others via the Vault.

Oh, and whomever designed the platforming puzzle for the Crimson Radio challenge in the Cathedral can eat a bag of shit.  I spent more time getting to that final fucking platform than I did ripping my way through the CoV on my way to help Troy achieve room temperature. 

Game physics are so floaty and unresponsive when you try to platform in this game. The devs at Gearbox and Bunigie who enjoy creating maddening jumping puzzles without tightening up the jumping mechanics need to line up side by side so that I can punch each one in the face really really hard.

Edited by J.T.