DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Grrrr...So I thought the video Rippa posted would have something to do with cross platform play, but there won't be any cross platform stuff at launch.

If they get it running though, I'd totally be down for playing with the Xbox folks.

To be fair - Randy Pitchford tweeted before the trailer (when they first teased it) that it (the trailer) wasn't about cross play

I am going to assume that Sony is being the problem (as per usual when it is in regards to cross play)

For anyone who cares, there's an approx. 30 minute gameplay video on Giant Bomb's website or YouTube channel of Borderlands 3.

It looks...like the exact same thing as Borderlands 2. It's tough to judge things from a 30 minute video, but I don't know how I feel about this thing being the same thing as Borderlands 2. There isn't much new stuff here. Even the melee attacks still look super soft, which they comment on in the video. Seeing that on the video reminded me that was one of my gripes with Borderlands 2 and 1 where melee attacks just had no weight to them.

Most of the folks who got to play it at E3 stated that it played exactly like Borderlands 2 and most of the feedback is/was that is exactly what the fanbase wanted.

So going by that - your feelings on 1 and 2 will probably be the same for 3

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah I made sure to download it

Still have to play it

God I can’t believe I did this whole game as Salvador

I beat the game as Axton and Zer0.   Never finished my Gunzerker or Siren playthroughs.

Edited by J.T.

How long does a single playthrough of Borderlands 2 take? I remember finishing the first one pretty fast and that included taking time to farm guns and fight that giant flying thing that was almost too easy to cheese.

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

How long does a single playthrough of Borderlands 2 take? I remember finishing the first one pretty fast and that included taking time to farm guns and fight that giant flying thing that was almost too easy to cheese.

I logged in my first completion in about 45 hours, but it felt like forever. I was nearly burned out before getting to the Tiny Tina DLC with Axton.

I never even bothered to run the DLC on my character playthrough with Zer0.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

Ok. That's considerably longer than Borderlands 1. I need to get back to playing Borderlands 2, but right now FF14 and Ultimate Alliance 3 are taking up my time.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ok. That's considerably longer than Borderlands 1.

I think I completed the entire B1 campaign + the two DLCs in about thirty hours.   I was done with the fucking Zombie Island shit in like an hour or so when I ran it with one of my buddies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Here we fucking go

So when are you getting your copy?

I need to know so that we can better coordinate the co-op campaign.  

So far, I think it's you, me, Robert, and maybe Melraz.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Friday after work

Same here.   I'll also be playing on Friday night.   

My ex's family reunion is on Saturday, so I'll only get my kid for Saturday evening and Sunday morning / afternoon. 

Depending on how behind I am in D2 or how frustrated I get with Hitman, I may be playing Borderlands 2 nearly all morning / afternoon long on Saturday.  Yardwork not withstanding.

I'll crap out around 3PM to go get my daughter and we'll spend Saturday night watching movies and doing father / daughter stuff.

On Sunday, my daughter and I will ATTEMPT to go see IT~! Chapter 2, but the three hour runtime may make that problematic since I have to get my kid back home by 5 or 6 so that she can prep for school on Monday.

Edited by J.T.

I haven't decided yet

I don't think I am gonna do Moze or Flak but who knows

If JT is insistent on doing a co-op playthrough - I will probably play solo with one character and co-op with the other

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I haven't decided yet

I don't think I am gonna do Moze or Flak but who knows

If JT is insistent on doing a co-op playthrough - I will probably play solo with one character and co-op with the other

Oh, you can be so anti-social at times.

Don't think I don't notice when you go solo queue Iron Banner in D2 and I know that I left my profile open to show that I'm online.

Besides, it is in all of our best interest to have at least one 4-man campaign mode going on since the more people you have, the better the loot rolls.

Edited by J.T.

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, you can be so anti-social at times.

Don't think I don't notice when you go solo queue Iron Banner in D2 and I know that I left my profile open to show that I'm online.

Besides, it is in all of our best interest to have at least one 4-man campaign mode going on since the more people you have, the better the loot rolls.

Hey - invites work two ways pal!

But after the incident with Borderlands 2 with that crazy kid who ruined my playthrough (which I think was your fault since you invited him. God it is going to bug me that I can't remember his name,) I need to keep my games very separate.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But after the incident with Borderlands 2 with that crazy kid who ruined my playthrough (which I think was your fault since you invited him. God it is going to bug me that I can't remember his name,) I need to keep my games very separate.

Fuck.   That WAS my fault, wasn't it?

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I miss Don.

I miss Don and his heavy sighs of rage whenever someone would get ahead of him on the ME3 leaderboard.

For someone that claimed not to be a tryhard, he sure was a tryhard.  Him and his Min / Max Salarian Engineer.

Edited by J.T.