DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

Rumor has it Gearbox will announce and release a DLC add on for Borderlands 2 to help "bridge the gap" storyline wise between 2 and 3/ It's supposed to be called "Commander Lilith and the fight for Sanctuary" or something like that. Supposed to happen during E3 week. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new DLC live for Borderlands 2, which you can grab for free off the steam page for it (I don't know about other platforms). It's the story-bridge between 2 and 3 and also, pretty shockingly, features a level cap increase for the first time in years to 80.

• Like 1

My subscription to Man Of Low Moral Fiber should be on and popping pretty soon since he is arguably one of the best Borderland gurus out there. 

Edited by J.T.

Just played through the Commander Lilith DLC with my girlfriend. First of all, it's only free until July 8th, and I know how lazy some of you bastards are so download it NOW. Some quick thoughts (spoiler free):

First and foremost it would REALLY be best if you have played Tales From The Borderlands before playing this. Otherwise some pretty major events from Tales will be spoiled for you (and these are major events in terms of the overall Borderlands universe). I highly suggest playing Tales (it's a really good game!) before this.

Second, the new loot tier "Rainbow" are awesome. Maybe it was just our playthrough but it was generous as fuck with them too. My girlfriend and I each got a grenade mod and SMG from random ammo drops, as well as some rainbow rarity skins and about 4 or 5 legendaries as well. And this is in a total playthrough of like 5 hours without doing a lot of side quests. There are also new heads and skins for you completionists out there. 

As for how it is: it's good. A few surprisngly down to earth and emotional moments, a decent variety of new weapons and locations and the end boss fight was tough without being over the top ridiculous tough. It's worth paying for, so if you can get it for free do it. 

• Like 1

Farmed the first major boss for a good while this evening and no Electric Chair. I just want to be Thor already. I did get Antifection and I have been setting the world on fire every since. 

Also you should learn about the VIP program that Borderlands 3 has here:  https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/

You will need to link your SHIFT to the VIP and then you're good to go. If you have ad blockers you should disable them for that site or you won't see the links to add codes.

Here is a reddit link to a running list of codes: https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/bxgq5p/borderlands_vip_program_codes/

I have been able to snag close to 6k points from the list. For the creator codes you'll need to hurry as they expire pretty quick after events like E3 hint hint. Points are useful for getting legendary guns randomly from a short list of 9 guns for 4,000 points. They also have a seasonal goal of getting 8 legendary guns during season 1 you'll get a free legendary when you start B3. It's not too bad. If you pre-order you get a free gun and there is a randomizer wheel that you can spin to get a free legendary every month. So you just need 6 more from there.

Lastly here is some information on ECHOcast, B3's new twitch extension for people who enjoy watching Borderlands like I do: https://youtu.be/EdA6SqsZTHE

21 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Initial impression of the DLC:

Holy hell, are my weapons vastly underpowered.

But, I made it to the first "checkpoint," and I can confirm that Borderlands is still awesome. So that's good, at least.

I am honestly not sure I like them raising the level cap after such a long time. Like, I have hundreds of hours in the game and literally every piece of gear I ever farmed is now basically trash. But I understand this is the ultimate of first world gripes "boo hoo I may have to keep playing this video game because completionist".

13 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Now I'm going to be sad every time I hear Catch-A-Ride like Hold the Door after learning Scooter died yesterday watching the full Commander Lilith on youtube. 

Catch a ride

Catch a ride

Catch ride

Cat ride

Cride

Cride

Cride

• Like 3

I hit the level cap again after the new DLC.  The game was nice enough to save my OP levels, so I'm now effectively level 84.  Got me a Bee shield that adds 2.5 million damage to every shot.  Now I have to go farm the Harold, Hellfire, Hornet and Conference Call all over again, since those are now 8-10 levels below where I need them to be.  A new B*tch would be nice as well, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Did try for that last one a few times.  To simplify it, I ran to the Bunker in normal mode, then switched to UVHM.  Killed the Bunker with a single pistol round in normal mode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 4:37 PM, Hail Sabin said:

Now I'm going to be sad every time I hear Catch-A-Ride like Hold the Door after learning Scooter died yesterday watching the full Commander Lilith on youtube. 

If you played Tales From The Borderlands you'd get to see him go out like a hero

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 6:29 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah I made sure to download it

Still have to play it

God I can’t believe I did this whole game as Salvador

Salvador's not bad if you can farm a couple infinity pistols for him. 

Grrrr...So I thought the video Rippa posted would have something to do with cross platform play, but there won't be any cross platform stuff at launch.

If they get it running though, I'd totally be down for playing with the Xbox folks.