DVDVR Message Board

God Save The Queen - SDL - 3/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Becky hugging Charlotte so they can both hold up a title and then Bayley and Sasha coming out too at the end of WM is retarded and stupid and makes no sense in the storyline where Becky supposedly hates Charlotte for being a line jumping heel who gets everything handed to her.

So of course it’ll likely happen that way.

Dude, they already hugged pre-Survivor Series when they were mortal enemies.  This shit ain't new.   You better believe they all are gonna hug for that "WrestleMania moment."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Dude, they already hugged pre-Survivor Series when they were mortal enemies.  This shit ain't new.   You better believe they all are gonna hug for that "WrestleMania moment."

I'm glad I bought tickets for Double or Nothing instead of WrestleMania. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Its rumoured that neither woman wanted to do that hug for those exact reasons, but they got overruled.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RIShane said:

Its rumoured that neither woman wanted to do that hug for those exact reasons, but they got overruled.

What's your point?  They caved then, you think anything changes when the payoff to do what the boss wants is much higher?

There still could be a SD Women's Title match at Mania. When they announced the 6 woman tag for Raw if Becky, Rousey or Charlotte sabotage their team they are out of the 3 way match at Mania. Charlotte sabotages the team leading to the Riott squad winning she gets kicked out of the match and defends the SD title at Mania. Becky vs. Rousey is the new main event one on one like people wanted and Charlotte defends against the winner of a Gauntlet match on Smackdown since they love that gimmick right now or the women's pre show battle royal to get them all on the card is for who gets the shot at Charlotte on the main show. This is all of course knowing the company them not dropping the sabotage gimmick from the 6 woman tag which they easily could do away with by the weekend. 

Edited by Hail Sabin

Becky, Charlotte and Ronda are the main event of WrestleMania, they are effectively your Rock, Austin, Brock & Roman class this year. The Riot Squad should be making them look as strong as possible.

I think the problem is the women do have a limited amount of time on each show, and the stories are exclusively based around the two womens titles and rarely anything else unless it's some weird shit like Mandy seducing an Uso or some other attitudinal garbage. The tag titles haven't really taken off yet due to the champions floating over to three different brands which has really stagnated the division in gaining any kind of steam. God forbid WWE has too many titles as it is, but having an IC womens title could be the perfect remedy for the likes of Ruby/Naomi/Sonya/Mandy etc to feud over rather than being sacrificial lambs for whoever is holding the brands main title or sitting in catering tweeting out their grievances. 

Edited by Rick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Depends which title changes you want to count. #veneno

I reached 8 in 1991.  So 19 years in the biz at that point. Of course I was always confused as to how they reached 16 and just stuck with it. It could be about 22. I don't know which 16 they count. 

24 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Which was precipitated by a speech explaining why Becky was choosing Charlotte to fight Ronda. Now would make no damn sense after all the shit she’s been through. And why the hell would Sasha and Bayley be there? Daniel Bryan might as well hug Kofi.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

For what it's worth, Tom Philips pondered on commentary that if Charlotte won, she would potentially have to wrestle twice at Mania.

She should be forced to for the small possibility of Charlotte using "That's not fair to Flair.".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Which was precipitated by a speech explaining why Becky was choosing Charlotte to fight Ronda. Now would make no damn sense after all the shit she’s been through. And why the hell would Sasha and Bayley be there? Daniel Bryan might as well hug Kofi.

Okay, then explain to me why Charlotte is out of the blue Smackdown champion and that title isn't on the line at the moment when oh look who has the other titles...and if Becky can pull off the impossible...Why...they ALL have them!!  What a coincidence!!!  

And Bryan can be a face whenever he feels like it, they can absolutely rationalize Bryan being happy as shit for Kofi because in real life I bet he really would be happy as shit for him.

Yeah, they're absolutely closing the show with all four horsewomen celebrating with titles in the ring. It legitimizes the women's revolution and nXt, despite the dozens of main roster flops. It also sets up wwe vs. mma horsewomen later. 

That Kofi moment was dope. Xavier has said multiple times that one of the goals of the guys in the New Day is to make sure Kofi wins a world title before he retires. That's why they'd go balls out for him in a gauntlet. They see his success as an extension of their own. 

FWIW, this isn't the first time they've buried an entire division for one match. They used to do it all the time when the two guys fighting for the world title at a big event would mow through the tag team division. Happened quite a bit for a while. And there's not a woman on Smackdown who's been built enough for that Wrestlemania moment. 

I dig babyface Miz. An interesting character with a personal issue. I think he and Shane will give us everything they have, and it'll be a beautiful disaster. 

37 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I felt the same when sasha and bayley hugged after Takeover. they hated each other in the build, were just trying to destroy one another, then it all went out the window. I can def see this happening and later coming up whenever the horsewomen feud happens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

We could and should have had Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch and Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair III as the two women's title matches at WrestleMania XXXV. What a mess, feel for Asuka.

Before we go any further, I am a huge fan of Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, and am a ridiculous mark for Bayley. Love watching all of them. That being said, the big hug and all of them holding up the titles is so fucking stupid and counter productive in light of all the fighting between Becky and Charlotte but it's going to happen. Its dumb, but it's happening.

And what's even dumber is that they can still have that god damn moment and do exactly what the natural just said. Charlotte beats Asuka early in show. Bayley/Sasha retain. Ronda taps out to the armbar. Bayley and Sasha come out to celebrate. Charlotte comes out last. Tease a big brawl again. Then they have their god damn hug, every holds up titles, wrestlemania moment, blah, blah. But noooo.

And why did it get all dusty in my living room with the Usos forfeited their spot?

• Like 3