DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2020

Liam

Couldn't tell if the applause were for him or for them loading him up to go. I did see the picture of him on the stretcher with his head up and eyes open just now. So hopefully he pulls out of this.

1 minute ago, Happ Hazzard said:

I hope they don't make them come out for about 3 minutes to finish the first half and then go back in again. Just say it was pretty much half time and just play the 2nd half. 

Finish 1st half, 5 minute break, second half. 

4 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Terrifying. I thought he was a goner when there was a shot of them doing CPR on the field after he'd already been down for a few minutes. Just happy to hear he's alive.

Yeah, when I saw CPR administered to Christian Eriksen, I thought similar. I also thought of Mitsuharu Misawa having CPR in the ring, June 2009. I don't think this game should be resumed tonight with what the players and fans have seen. Too soon.

Edited by The Natural

Yeah, I'm glad it seems the players wanted to finish the match and it wasn't UEFA forcing their hand but still going to be so bizarre for them. 

Absolute credit to the players for immediately realising there was something wrong, the referee, the medical team and, indeed, the fans (Finnish fans chanting Christian, Danish fans chanting Eriksen). 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 2

I didn't catch the first half, but horrible throwback to the situation where a Cameroon player died on the pitch at a Confed Cup. 

That debute on a major stage for Finland is quite dramatic even without the horrible Eriksen incident, but it is tough to talk about the football part of the match. 

15 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

I didn't catch the first half, but horrible throwback to the situation where a Cameroon player died on the pitch at a Confed Cup. 

Foe.jpg

Marc-Vivien Foé. ?

• Sad 3

17 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Yeah, I'm glad it seems the players wanted to finish the match and it wasn't UEFA forcing their hand but still going to be so bizarre for them.

The UEFA apparently gave the players two choices: either to continue the game on the same day or today at noon. My first instinct here was a "fuck you, UEFA", but they were also in a no-win situation here. Shifting the game further would have meant a complete overhaul of the schedule for the whole tournament (partly due to the fact that St. Petersburg not only hosts games of group B but of group E as well - they took over the games scheduled to be played in Dublin), which I guess logistically was close to impossible.