DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MARCH/APRIL

RIPPA

Season has officially started (first of two in Japan between As and Mariners is in progress)

Pitching is clearly behind hitting.

There has already been a grand slam

Eloy Jimenez - who hasn't played a game in the majors yet - agreed to a 6 year, $43 million extension with the White Sox

It includes two club options

Eloy Jimenez - who hasn't played a game in the majors yet - agreed to a 6 year, $43 million extension with the White Sox

And just like that, the concerns about his defense that might have required a month in AAA have vanished.

The trade I've hated the most. The absolute most. So much it almost made me resent the Theo regime.

I'll always have my Eloy bobblehead though and I'll always have my memories of being there for 2 or 3 of Eloy's walkoff wins in South Bend.

• Like 1

Blake Snell has gotten a pay raise/extension.   5/50 (this covers arbitration years and extends him by a year).  

Snell did not get a no trade clause, so it's a mortal lock he'll be a Dodger or Cub at the end of this. 

Blake Snell has gotten a pay raise/extension.   5/50 (this covers arbitration years and extends him by a year).  

Snell did not get a no trade clause, so it's a mortal lock he'll be a Dodger or Cub at the end of this. 

Man, the Rays really don't like being called cheap!! Good for Snell, but like you say, he's getting dealt somewhere eventually.

The Mets announced that the address of Citi Field will change. It will now be on "Tom Seaver Way" (Or something close to that)

They will also be putting up a statue of Seaver at Citi Field in 2020

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I have a fear/feeling that our son of a racist piece of shit will still be saying WE HAVE NO MONEY FOR ANYTHING, BURN THE FURNITURE FOR HEATING.

• Like 1

So what exactly is happening here? FA's sit unsigned for the vast majority of the winter, including a couple guys still waiting for a deal, and then in the meantime, everyone is getting extended? I don't fucking get it.

In Trout's case - he clearly never wanted to have to deal with being an actual FA and he got his money anyway (Plus - the idea of staying in the same city is very appealing to him)

A lot of other guys have deals that will get them through until the next CBA and then they can see the lay of the land.

Like Blake Snell's extension - all he is doing is giving up one year of FA. His covers all his arb years and one extra year. So he could have just tried and keep winning in arbitration but he hasn't even reached that point yet. Plus - he will get traded anyway before he even reaches the end of this extension. (He has no trade clause and if he keeps pitching like last year - he will be to rich for the Rays blood)

Someone else's extension (I am spacing on who) is like that too - where basically they are getting more money now and they will just reach FA one year later than they would have right now. In theory - the new CBA will have corrected the market back to where FA will be like we are used to seeing it.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'm willing to bet that KB winds up singing am extension even though he's a Boras client.

I would rather than waiting until March to sign. It all feels like a strike is coming up when the current CBA expires in 2021.

• Like 3