DVDVR Message Board

2019 - 2020 NCAA BASKETBALL THREAD

RIPPA

Obi Toppin, real name no gimmicks.

Kobe King left Wisconsin's basketball program suddenly so we now have no one that can actually do anything off the dribble.  I can't wait to see even more passing around the perimeter

4 hours ago, Pete said:
  Hide contents

Spoilers for size, wonky formatting and Dayton's Obi Toppin taking motherfucking souls.

Being a VCU fan, I hope this motherfucker declares early for the draft.  He is awesome.

image.png

That box score though.

Reminds me of my high school team shutting out someone in two different quarters on the way to a 59-9 win, and our coach was so embarrassed for the other school that he phoned in a score to the papers that made them look better. More than a little condescending, and it drove me nuts because I was keeping these meticulous stats and he was all "wev."

https://sports.yahoo.com/wisconsin-strength-and-conditioning-coach-resigns-after-use-of-racial-epithet-in-front-of-basketball-players-220800080.html

Putting aside the fact that, as a general rule, racists aren't exactly well known for their sparkling intellect, how fucking dumb do you have to be as a white D1 basketball coach to use a racial slur in front of a black player?

It's mindnumbing.

Racists?  In Wisconsin?  You can't see  my face but I can assure you that it looks very, very shocked.

The Greg Gard era should probably be put to a merciful end once the season is over but I don't think Barry Alvarez has the fortitude or the interest in that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Racists?  In Wisconsin?  You can't see  my face but I can assure you that it looks very, very shocked.

The Greg Gard era should probably be put to a merciful end once the season is over but I don't think Barry Alvarez has the fortitude or the interest in that.

It's not the presence of racists that surprises me. It's the unfuckingbelievable level of idiocy as a basketball coach to use a racial slur where one of his players can hear him. The fuck?

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's not the presence of racists that surprises me. It's the unfuckingbelievable level of idiocy as a basketball coach to use a racial slur where one of his players can hear him. The fuck?

Sadly that part doesn't surprise me much.  College athletics seems to attract a lot of dudes who think they can act however they want without consequences.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I only vaguely follow college hoops, but I feel like I've gotten 800 notifications on my phone about shocking upsets.

Is basketball having it's version of the 2007 ncaaf season?

I have literally gotten four more of these notifications about upsets since I posted this five hours ago.

Edited by Brian Fowler

• 2 weeks later...

.Something for a couple of weeks from now

Of the original 4 teams to still not make the NCAA tournament - William & Mary and St Francis (NY) are each in 2nd place in their respective conferences (CAA and Northeast). Each is a game out of the top seed and have at least 20 wins on the season. So both have a legit shot of making it.

Army is middle of the pack in the Patriot so would need a shocking run in the conference tournament.

It sure as fuck isn't The Citadel's year as the only have 3 wins are are currently 0-18 in conference

Chicago State has basically cancelled their remaining games saying the men's basketball team won't travel and the women's team won't host games citing the coronavirus as the reason

I am sure this part has nothing to do with it at all

Chicago State men's basketball team is 0-14 in WAC play and 4-25 overall this season. The women's team is 1-13 in conference and 1-26 overall.

• Haha 1