vs. Kiera Hogan (One Night Only)

vs. Taya Valkyrie (Homecoming)

INTERGENDER

vs. Brian Cage (WrestleCircus)

vs. Dave Crist (WrestleCircus)

vs. AR Fox (Beyond)

OTHER THINGS TO SEEK OUT

- WOW depending on your feelings towards the promotion as a whole

- Marathon match against Mercedes Martinez that as far as anyone can tell is the longest women's match ever (75 minutes)

- The All In 4 way I guess though to be honest the match was underwhelming

RANDOM COMMENTS

- Because someone will ask - no longer dating Ricochet. Dating Daga.

- For all the AEW WILL SIGN HER!!! folks - she is just finishing up year one of her two year deal with Impact.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Tessa is one of those under the radar performers whose been knocking it Out of the park consistently but nobody seems to be paying attention 

She is one of the biggest female indy names there is.

If by "nobody" you mean "people who refuse to watch any wrestling except WWE and it's affiliates" then you are correct. I think most of this board that watches Impact, WOW or both (or those people that don't watch either regularly, but will watch one match if it's pimped in this forum)  is solidly in the 'Tessa is great' camp.

36 minutes ago, AxB said:

If by "nobody" you mean "people who refuse to watch any wrestling except WWE and it's affiliates" then you are correct. I think most of this board that watches Impact, WOW or both (or those people that don't watch either regularly, but will watch one match if it's pimped in this forum)  is solidly in the 'Tessa is great' camp.

I watch neither of these and recall her being generally impressive the one Stardom tour she did in the time frame and in her match with Kairi. I've only heard good things wrestling wise since. I heard she had great matches in RISE last year against Mercedes Martinez.

I remember her working dark for Lucha underground and either dislocating or breaking her arm pretty badly.  It was fucking gross.  The matches she did there were good - she was doing some good stuff with Ivelisse that never made TV.

They kept bringing her in to keep Ricochet happy so he'd stay.

That didn't work obviously, but at least she didn't get held hostage by a fucked up contract for a dead show.

Edited by Tromatagon

She's both great bell to bell and as a character. I fully expect that she'll eventually be the anchor of either one of the two WWE main roster women's division, or AEW's, once her contract with Impact is up. The fact that WWE didn't lock her up is still mind boggling.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

She's both great bell to bell and as a character. I fully expect that she'll eventually be the anchor of either one of the two WWE main roster women's division, or AEW's, once her contract with Impact is up. The fact that WWE didn't lock her up is still mind boggling.

Its less mind boggling if you have heard the general rumors of her having attitude issues. I mean she was well within WWE's radar for a good while doing occasional NXT jobber work like Ellering only to never be picked up.

• Like 1

Tessa and Daga have incredible chemistry as a tag team as well inside the ring, I would recommend checking out both matches they have done as a team for Bar Wrestling.

The show where the All Elite crew showed up had them in a match against Eli Everfly and Delilah Doom. Doom and Everfly were a bit sloppy but Tessa and Daga carried them to a fun match and hit their own double team maneuvers with great execution.

And the show after that (Four Touchdowns In A Single Game) they had a damn fun spot fest against Penta and Fenix where everything hit perfectly. 

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its less mind boggling if you have heard the general rumors of her having attitude issues. I mean she was well within WWE's radar for a good while doing occasional NXT jobber work like Ellering only to never be picked up

Never heard the attitude issue rumors. In an interview she said she was advised by the WWE to "find herself" after she got candid and asked them to be straight with her. Kinda makes sense. There are so many 2nd/3rd generation wrestlers around now that it's getting harder and harder to coast by on family names. I cant say she was the same woman pre MYC that she is now though. Visibly more confident and comfortable. Definitely knows what works and where to go when she wants to experiment with something new. Cuts a damn good promo, has a legit character, and seems to connect with fans and audiences quickly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AverageKong said:

Never heard the attitude issue rumors.

She had an altercation with I believe Victoria at Wrestlecon a couple years ago.  She basically didn't know who she was and it came across like she didn't have respect for those that worked before her.  I know that things change over time so I'm hoping that's not as much of an issue.  It doesn't keep me from liking her work though as she's one of my favorites to watch.

• Like 1

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

She had an altercation with I believe Victoria at Wrestlecon a couple years ago.  She basically didn't know who she was and it came across like she didn't have respect for those that worked before her.  I know that things change over time so I'm hoping that's not as much of an issue.  It doesn't keep me from liking her work though as she's one of my favorites to watch.

Yeah... the thing about that was it wasn't Tessa

Victoria got her confused with another wrestler (and also responded to a fake Tessa Twitter account)

But as we can see - once it gets out there the correction never gets as much attention as the original story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, RIPPA said:

Yeah... the thing about that was it wasn't Tessa

Victoria got her confused with another wrestler (and also responded to a fake Tessa Twitter account)

But as we can see - once it gets out there the correction never gets as much attention as the original story.

I didn't know that.  I first read about the incident and didn't know it wasn't her after all.  Thanks for clarifying.

Aside from that I don't know about other attitude-related incidents.  Not to say there aren't any but unless it's a Low Ki type situation then I'm good just focusing on her matches.

There have been lots of "little" things that I think people add up together into one big issue

- Something... weird.... happened in a match in Stardom with Kagetsu. (Kagetsu stopped cooperating with Tessa and Tessa got really angry/frustrated over it).

- Courtney Stewart got in some sort of altercation with her but Stewart pretty much was hated by the Stardom roster and that one seems to have nothing to do with Tessa

- Apparently some sort of incident between her and Ivelisse (the irony there) over a LU dark match taping. @Tromatagon can probably explain it better. I am still not sure it wasn't all Ricochet's fault.

Also as per usual there is a lot of fan bullshit too.

SHE WOULDN'T SIGN AN AUTOGRAPH FOR ME WHEN I STALKED HER AT THE AIRPORT! SHE IS A BITCH~! type things

• Like 2

There was a little bit of heat when her and Ricochet took to twitter kind of shitting on Ivelisse for not apologizing or checking on her or some other wrestler etiquette shit when she got hurt at that LU taping, then a lot of fans got involved, and what should have been a private issue got all blown up in public.  They brought her back after that though so whatever beef was there got squashed.

And it might have just been Ricochet doing the tweeting.

Edit: oh man I was typing that before I saw that post above

It is starting to seem like having heat with Ivelisse doesn't make you an asshole, it just makes you like everyone else.

Edited by Tromatagon

When I hear attitude issues I'm usually inclined to believe that the rumors spur from an issue with production, agents, etc. 

She's a focal point for several televised companies and gets a lot of work on the indies. Her peers seem to be very supportive of her. I think that speaks towards professionalism backstage. With social media something would have seemed uncomfortable from one party or the other if there were issues. I'm aware no one pointed to her being unprofessional or anything like that, just trying to reiterate that an attitude issue doesn't quite fit the description of why the WWE saw nothing more than enhancement talent in her.

If she has had issues in the locker rooms, that can be just as damaging, but I've heard little more than what has been mentioned with Iveliese. Not an "attitude issue" imo though. Again she seems to be respected and supported by a lot of men and women who work in and out the ring. 

• Like 2

When I hear "attitude issues" and don't hear specifics and it's a female wrestler, I tend to believe it stems from "won't fuck some sleazebag to get ahead" because wrestling is gross just like Hollywood.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 6

• RIPPA unpinned and unfeatured this topic
7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There have been lots of "little" things that I think people add up together into one big issue

- Something... weird.... happened in a match in Stardom with Kagetsu. (Kagetsu stopped cooperating with Tessa and Tessa got really angry/frustrated over it).

- Courtney Stewart got in some sort of altercation with her but Stewart pretty much was hated by the Stardom roster and that one seems to have nothing to do with Tessa

Don't recall hearing anything about Stewart being hated by the roster. Tessa supposedly got into at least two fights with Stewart and however it was handled was bad enough that Stewart returned to the UK w/o telling anyone. On that same tour Tessa was the one who randomly stopped cooperating with Kagetsu in a match and nearly started a fight with Blue Nikita (who was simply seconding OT) post match. Considering the latter I don't really buy into the stories trying to absolve Tessa of guilt over the Stewart incident. Its not the first time Rossy has let bullshit slide. There is a reason the Act/Yoshiko Incident happened.

Kairi Hojo will be out of action for the next few weeks due to the concussion she suffered in her 9/3 match with Io Shirai taking a ganso bomb off the apron. There was a woman wrestler named Courtney Stewart from Scotland in the current Stardom singles tournament. She left the promotion in the middle of the tour without informing anyone. She just disappeared, flew home, and when he got home she called Rossy Ogawa, who runs the promotion, and told her she left. She had started two different physical confrontations on the tour with Tessa Blanchard and the rest of the roster was not happy with her.

The was from the WON at the time.

I misremembered the part about it being all with Tessa. 

I assumed the bolded part was talking about Stewart

A Scotish wrestler by the name of Courtney Stewart got into a couple of confrontations with Tessa. By all accounts, Courtney started it. Courtney ended up rage quitting Stardom before the tournament was over. Ironically, this meant that Tessa won her braket due to Kairi Hojo also dropping out due to a concussion.

That was a recap of it from someone on reddit so do with that part as you will

Even if those isolated events signaled attitude issues they happened before the MYC. The WWE obviously didnt care, she got invited back for a huge event to work Kairi's debut match. 

I think it's like she has said. They (Regal) told her she needed to go out and wrestle more and get into better shape. If she had walked into her tryout as the wrestler and athlete she is today I'm sure they'd have signed her, but the reality is she has indeed grown leaps from 2-3 yrs ago. She said she had never lifted weights when she had her tryout in 2014. Now she is pressing other girls over her head. It just sucks that they weren't willing to see ALL of her potential come to fruition at the PC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AverageKong said:

Even if those isolated events signaled attitude issues they happened before the MYC. The WWE obviously didnt care, she got invited back for a huge event to work Kairi's debut match. 

I'm sure the WWE didn't care about whatever attitude problem rumors were out there, but she very well could have carried a bad attitude into the locker room and cost herself that job. Whatever the case is - we have no idea and can't rule it out. It isn't necessarily the "WWE doesn't recognize talent" talking point that has been disproven over and over.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The was from the WON at the time.

I misremembered the part about it being all with Tessa. 

I assumed the bolded part was talking about Stewart

That was a recap of it from someone on reddit so do with that part as you will

I must have read it wrong back then (or someone screwed around with what Dave posted) because I remember the way it phrased back then put the blame on Tessa as far as the fights go. The roster being angry does feel familiar now reading it there though I always assumed it more for how she left. I guess we will know depending on how Kairi and Io treat Isla Dawn if they ever interact while in WWE. Still seems off considering that Tessa started shit on the same tour with Kagtesu and Blue Nikita.

Also not really about the actual topic, but apparently Tessa was probably going to win her block anyways. I recall the Western who works for Stardom mention Kairi was never winning the block.

Edited by Eivion