DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

So Rey is saying on Twitter he is praying to be ready for Mania because he hurt his ankle on Monday. If Rey can't go, who gets Joe? Maybe it's a work and this is the Cena match?

Most likely they would pull folks out of the Battle Royal

Like Ali and Andrade

Or they could build off of the Harper Axxess stuff and say winner of Harper/Dijak gets the US Title shot and that could be a way to return Harper

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Like Ali and Andrade

Or they could build off of the Harper Axxess stuff and say winner of Harper/Dijak gets the US Title shot and that could be a way to return Harper

This is too much wishful thinking. We're not going to be lucky enough to get Harper or even Dijak vs Joe.

Fuck though... What if we were lucky enough...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm not sure what's worse...Rey without a mask and the dumbass tiny devil horns or his super shitty new ring gear.

Maskless Rey with tiny devil horns and his super shitty new gear

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Why do you want Rey to lose his mask or Almas to lose his hair?

I just think it would be pretty cool to have that happen and build it up to be a big deal for WM.  And Almas losing wouldn't hurt him much so long as he grows it back.

Of course there's the reality of Vince not giving a crap about lucha stips and it getting lost in the shuffle on the show anyway.  But it's still worth hoping to see one day.  At worst I wouldn't mind it being built for Summerslam.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Like Ali and Andrade

Man, Harper/Joe would be so killer. If they went that way, Id be down for them to run that thing for another couple PPVs after even.

Haven't watched the HHH/Rubin video yet but will later on. I absolutely love the fact that HHH is wearing a Metallica shirt which references a song written during the sessions for the album they did with Rubin. 

• Like 2

In addition to the Cruiserweight match - both Battle Royals have been announced as being on the kickoff show too

So technically the kickoff show is exactly the same as last year

I have not watched any wrestling past 2000 in the last month. But recently I have been seeing stuff leak out through my twitter feed. This is the Wrestlemania that WWE just gave up on.  A women's triple threat with Vince Russo tribute booking. I finally broke down and looked at the entire card because I wanted to see who Braun was working. They put him in the pre show battle royal with the SNL anchors? The Ryback scale has been broken. Braun is the gold standard of can't miss prospects sabotaged.

23 minutes ago, Victator said:

The Ryback scale has been broken.

That scale was broken when they turned him heel and then back face within the span of two months. 

All things considered, this is a pretty decent card. The build has left a lot to desire. But for the first time in a while, Mania is the show I'm anticipating most on Mania weekend. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

That scale was broken when they turned him heel and then back face within the span of two months. 

All things considered, this is a pretty decent card. The build has left a lot to desire. But for the first time in a while, Mania is the show I'm anticipating most on Mania weekend. 

Much like Homer Simpson and his roast pig, I kept thinking "It's still good, It's still good!!!" So I was in denial.

• Like 2

I'm all fuck Randy Orton these days too but they did a good job with the build between him and Styles.  So thinking more about the buildup to this show I'm going with..    

Ronda vs. Becky vs. Charlotte -  B.   It started off hot and got REALLY shitty with all the "fake" BS and Twitter shit and the Becky leg injury.  But the end segment on RAW with the police and police cars, handcuffs,  was so crazy and spectacular that I feel it came back around to being a pretty good build.  So I think it deserves the B.  

Kofi vs. Daniel Bryan - A- .  I'd have gone the full A on this but I think they maybe did one too many gauntlet situations and the Vince stuff wasn't great.  Everything else has been perfect especially all the New Day promos and the Daniel Bryan promos..   Plus,  the match at Elimination Chamber was great.  

Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar - C+ .   It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. I think the few times they actually interacted were solid but there wasn't much of it.  It's lukewarm to me.  

Triple H vs. Batista - B - . This had a great cliffhanger angle with Batista destroying Flair. Then it had a couple really good promos mixed in but there were a couple meh promos too.  Dave has been tremendous,   "Paul" has been solid but he had a couple miss promos mixed in with the hits. 

AJ Styles vs. Orton B+ .  It's a simple build,  started I believe at the Rumble but it's been great as it's been straightforward and testy,  little bit shooty but they never crossed the line and all the promos and in-ring interaction has been delivered well.  

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz -  B - .   In fairness they've done great with this all the way from Blood Money II.  The stuff with Miz Dad was good.  The problem is mostly that Shane is just not a captivating heel at all and Miz has been a solid face but still way better as a heel. 

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre - B.  This has also been pretty good as Roman has looked vulnerable,  Drew has looked like a killer and we had a couple solid brawls between he and Dean Ambrose. I don't have much of an issue with any of this,  it's been a little rushed but I like what I've seen.   

The issue is the rest of the card.  There would be a whole lot of D's and F's if I went any further because there's been almost no build at all or really stupid build to round out the card.  The "build" to the Andre Battle Royal sticks out as some of the worst crap they've done. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

I'll certainly watch NXT TakeOver: New York live. Well, try to wake up in time as I've a busy day tomorrow. NXT TakeOver: New York is on Friday, friendly reminder.

Chances are I'll watch WrestleMania XXXV live and in doing so, age in dog years.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1

Batista/HHH hype:

(Interesting coincidence - and completely unintentional storytelling - that the Raw on Monday was the same building where Dave dropped the "... but beat me" line.)