DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

If he doesn't end up in another match, I could see Andrade winning the battle royal, if for nothing other than the Andrade Battle Royal puns they could run with.  

• Like 3

Just now, CSC said:

If he doesn't end up in another match, I could see Andrade winning the battle royal, if for nothing other than the Andrade Battle Royal puns they could run with.  

Yes, but is it really fair to have Zelina have to stand next to that trophy all the time?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Um, shouldn’t Finn not do the Demon against a black guy?

Isn’t the paint just a little too close to blackface? 

Maybe time to bust out the Anti-Venom paint?

Kurtie:

Take off the lawyer hat, pour yourself a nice big glass of ice-tea, now sit down and watch the last oh, six or seven years of Finn Balor wrestling as the Demon against white folks, black folks, Japanese folks, Polynesian Islanders, and anyone I've forgotten and repeat slowly, "Not everything has racial overtones!" There, you will soon feel much better about the world in general and Finn Balor in particular. Remember, we Irish spread feelings of love, tolerance, and equality through kicking people in the head. It's a beautiful world.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rick said:

I thought the tendrils were taking inspiration from the Predator films. 

Finn was apparently asked about them from some dude on reddit and Finn shrugged off the suggestion saying ''I just thought they looked cool. Don't over think everything, man."

So me being morbidly curious I punched in ''Finn black face'' into the twitter search engine and the majority reaction was either dumbfounded that it's even a talking point or people cracking jokes. I did see a few black people stating it clearly isn't black face and a couple of white dudes trying to make it a thing. That's not saying people do have a problem with it, but y'know. 

Maybe Finn is a big racist. I know one thing, I'll never look at Demon Balor the same again. You all suck.

Somehow I don't think the guy who had this entrance last year is a racist.

https://www.out.com/entertainment/2018/4/09/pro-wrestler-finn-balor-makes-inclusive-wrestlemania-entrance

I didn't post the youtube clip because the troglodyte that posted it titled it "Gay Finn Balor Entrance" and the comment section is even worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Yes, but is it really fair to have Zelina have to stand next to that trophy all the time?

I kind of want this to happen now.  Plus it's Andrande and I'm still bummed he's not doing a mask vs. hair match against Rey.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I figure it is one of two things

Braun is winning or the SNL dudes are eliminating Braun

This has "cowardly chickenshit heel brings someone out to do their dirty work" written all over it.  My guess is this spot goes to Lars Sullivan (with an outside chance of a returning Sami).

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Zelina will be fine. Don't put her ex's insecurity on her. 

Goddammit, now I got Aries putting a promise ring on the trophy in my head...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Other idea - Braun eliminates himself by stepping over the top rope to go chase down the SNL guys.

If Rey is legit injured then either Joe chokes him out in a squash (which as much as I'd like to see a competitive match between the two it probably isn't going to be budgeted for much time anyways and anything they can do to trim the show down is fine) or maybe he takes Rey out backstage beforehand leading to someone else stepping into the spot (Cena? Ali if he wins the BR?).

I'm not saying this just because Devitt is Irish (although that certainly helps!), but by all accounts, fans, co-workers, former co-workers, etc. it's pretty near impossible to find anyone anywhere who has anything worse to say about him than "He makes you train really hard!". I don't think it's carefully crafted image, either. I think it's a case of what you see is what you get,  and Fergal Devitt is just simply a super-chill dude and a credit to his species. The world of pro-wrestling is perpetually viewed under a microscope, if there were any skeletons in the closet, they would have been on display years ago. I've said before that in my experience, the late, great Dick Beyer (the Destroyer) is the nicest man to ever work in pro-wrestling and I'll stand by that (for now), he had about a forty-year head start, we'll see how it all stacks up when Finn enters his retirement years. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This has "cowardly chickenshit heel brings someone out to do their dirty work" written all over it.  My guess is this spot goes to Lars Sullivan (with an outside chance of a returning Sami).

If anything, I see the SNL hacks trying to pay off the rest of the battle royal participants to eliminate Braun, and more wacky hijinks ensues when they offend the rest of the participants, to the delight of no one except Vince, who continually asks when John Belushi is doing his run-in.

7 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Kurtie:

Take off the lawyer hat, pour yourself a nice big glass of ice-tea, now sit down and watch the last oh, six or seven years of Finn Balor wrestling as the Demon against white folks, black folks, Japanese folks, Polynesian Islanders, and anyone I've forgotten and repeat slowly, "Not everything has racial overtones!" There, you will soon feel much better about the world in general and Finn Balor in particular. Remember, we Irish spread feelings of love, tolerance, and equality through kicking people in the head. It's a beautiful world.

I'm not making any accusations that Finn is racist.  Far from it.  Balor Club is for everyone, of course. 

I just don't like the optics of him wearing primarily black facepaint vs. a black dude.  I don't recall Finn wrestling anyone in NXT or WWE with the paint on who was black.  I'm not concern trolling -- I think I'm wanting to avoid the concern trolling being something that could potentially be used to damage Finn.  So why not change it up, even if it's for an obvious reason like maybe don't wear primarily black facepaint versus a black dude? 

It is beyond time for him to change up the paint.  The previous cosplay paints Finn used to do as Prince Devitt I don't think anyone has a problem with, even the Venom paint is obvious even though it's primarily black.  I originally suggested the Anti-Venom paint.  Even if it's not a character specific paint job, which might be a copyright issue, a different color base is a welcome change.  And if it avoids any hint of controversy, isn't that a win-win?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Other idea - Braun eliminates himself by stepping over the top rope

I was thinking the same idea for Naomi.  Basically "f- this, I got nothing for winning last year so what's the point?" and then a shift in gimmick toward what she's been doing on Twitter lately.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CSC said:

I was thinking the same idea for Naomi.  Basically "f- this, I got nothing for winning last year so what's the point?" and then a shift in gimmick toward what she's been doing on Twitter lately.  

So, Gail Kim had she stayed and not developed the "Holier than thou" attitude?

16 minutes ago, nate said:

Words were said before this.  Words were said after this.  Yet this is what I retained.

"Fuck Randy Orton" was all you pretty much needed to get out of it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I kind of want this to happen now.  Plus it's Andrande and I'm still bummed he's not doing a mask vs. hair match against Rey.

Why do you want Rey to lose his mask or Almas to lose his hair?

11 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I'm sure Charlotte fought hard for Almas to not lost his hair.

Depending on your feelings on Charlotte, she might not have fought hard at all.

• Haha 1