DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hawkins and Ryder are so winning the titles on the kickoff show

To be fair until the Ricochet/Black call up screwed with things this was pretty clearly where they were heading beforehand. It actually make me kind of disappointed since it would have been a lot more interesting with some build to it.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For what it is worth - Meltzer on the radio show this morning said he was told they still haven't decided how they will handle the women's titles post Mania.

Whether it be winner chooses which title to keep or they unify the titles (or something else)

Of course they haven't. I wouldn't expect it any other way.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

The only mistake was treating the Women's Title like the Divas Title.  Little to no storylines, random matches, 4 minute tags, no build up of any characters besides the Horsewomen/Ronda

Compared proportionately to the men's roster, they get relatively the same treatment. As I see it, the Horsewomen are to the women's roster as the Shield is to the men's. Way too much has revolved around that small collection of guys over the last few years. 

The mistake I'm talking about was going with a brand split again in the first place. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

To be fair until the Ricochet/Black call up screwed with things this was pretty clearly where they were heading beforehand. It actually make me kind of disappointed since it would have been a lot more interesting with some build to it.

It would have been interesting. It's actually a good story of these poor bastards who can't buy a break finally winning the big one against the two obnoxious assholes.. Would have been nice if they could have found a way to squeeze in that minute and a half segment on their three hour show, but I guess we can't have it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Um, shouldn’t Finn not do the Demon against a black guy?

Isn’t the paint just a little too close to blackface? 

Maybe time to bust out the Anti-Venom paint?

If it was just for this match I could see your point.  But he's been doing this for years against all kinds of people.  Plus, the face will have other colors going on so it's not like he's just wearing black.  I mean, it's not like he's pulling a WM6 Roddy Piper because that was some awkward shit.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Um, shouldn’t Finn not do the Demon against a black guy?

Isn’t the paint just a little too close to blackface? 

Maybe time to bust out the Anti-Venom paint?

Is this a real post....or is this like a gimmick post that I don't understand?  He's been wearing the demon paint for like 8 years.....obviously it's NOT a racial thing

Edited by Playa Shunna Ver 3.0
forgot the key word.....not
  • Like 6

I think the majority of people's problems with the demon paint is that it's not Prince Devitt Violates Copyright Laws:

fe3f006c3887943e55faf04db52128d9-1475595

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

They changed the demon paint a couple years ago so it wasn't so obviously blackface, but a LOT of people have problems with it.

After thinking about it more I can see how people would take issue with it.  I guess because we know it's Finn and his history with the paint it's to me not as big a deal as it would be to others.

But issues with it or not I would like to see him change it up for WM.  Maybe this time he could have a red base with black and white designs.  Makes it less of a potential blackface thing and it would look pretty cool.  Plus that would turn into one helluva action figure that I would snatch up in a hurry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

thread was fun while it lasted 

Unless you think this is a buzzkill compared to yakety sax over the backstage bit I don't see why the thread would be close to being shut down.  If you want to see an example of one that merits a shut down look at the Merch thread.

I thought the tendrils were taking inspiration from the Predator films. 

Finn was apparently asked about them from some dude on reddit and Finn shrugged off the suggestion saying ''I just thought they looked cool. Don't over think everything, man."

So me being morbidly curious I punched in ''Finn black face'' into the twitter search engine and the majority reaction was either dumbfounded that it's even a talking point or people cracking jokes. I did see a few black people stating it clearly isn't black face and a couple of white dudes trying to make it a thing. That's not saying people do have a problem with it, but y'know. 

Maybe Finn is a big racist. I know one thing, I'll never look at Demon Balor the same again. You all suck.

• Like 2

Lotsa people *real* close to making some connections in this thread, but I would say that if you start tugging at that thread too quickly, you're going to ruin everything for yourself.

I shall leave you to your faux fisties instead.