DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 7

Dolfan in NYC

BCS rankings come out at the end of this week.  

Washington could help a LOT of teams out this week by holding Oregon under 1000 yards of offense on Saturday.  

Florida & LSU battle it out to see who gets to lose to Alabama in December.

UGa hosts the Zoo, The U goes to NC where they always seem to lose...

And I'd be remiss if I didn't add something regarding last week's Indiana's first ever football victory over Penn State:

Posted Image

I'm excited for the rest of college football season. I ordered tickets for Auburn's last four home games (so I could guarantee tix to Georgia and Alabama), which means this will be the most Auburn or college football games I attend in a season (five total this year as I was at the Mississippi State game as well).

Perhaps, although to steal a thought from someone, it may be a letdown game for NW after playing in such an emotional contest against the Buckeyes.

Meanwhile, the long speculated game is finally going to happen in 2016, as Virginia Tech and Tennessee will play at the Bristol Motor Speedway, which is noteworthy as they could have somewhere around 160,000 fans for the game.

And on the other end of the spectrum, there will be a "Bowl Game" played at Marlins Ballpark next year. 

The Ñoooo!!! ¡Que Barato! Bowl will be notable because it will be played on the site where the Orange Bowl once stood and because no one will come.

And on the other end of the spectrum, there will be a "Bowl Game" played at Marlins Ballpark next year. The Ñoooo!!! ¡Que Barato! Bowl will be notable because it will be played on the site where the Orange Bowl once stood and because no one will come.

Ah! So, it will be like attending a Marlins game then .(Unless that's the joke, then well just ignore this.)

And on the other end of the spectrum, there will be a "Bowl Game" played at Marlins Ballpark next year. 

The Ñoooo!!! ¡Que Barato! Bowl will be notable because it will be played on the site where the Orange Bowl once stood and because no one will come.

The tilde over the N in "no" really makes it. Apparently it will be the "Nyo Que Barato Bowl."

Trying to figure out where the umlaut would go.

Next year there's going to be 39 bowls. Really. I am more upset at how "the power conferences" are going to dominate a large number of bowls which necessitated these smaller bowl games. Obviously, the one in Marlins Park is part of that whole deal.

Interesting to me is that five of the non-power conferences are going to work together each year and they're going to create the best matchups they can with those five new games. I hope that works out better than-to use a pro wrestling analogy-when in the 80's some of the regional promotions tried to come together to take on the WWF only to crash and burn due to in-fighting and having to deal with all those strong-willed promoters trying to work together.

Plus, I am amused at one of the new games being held in The Bahamas.

KIFFIN is live on the set of GameDay right now.

This upset me so much. I know its on ESPN but how could this asshat possibly land a national tv gig.

Next year there's going to be 39 bowls. Really. I am more upset at how "the power conferences" are going to dominate a large number of bowls which necessitated these smaller bowl games. Obviously, the one in Marlins Park is part of that whole deal.

Interesting to me is that five of the non-power conferences are going to work together each year and they're going to create the best matchups they can with those five new games. I hope that works out better than-to use a pro wrestling analogy-when in the 80's some of the regional promotions tried to come together to take on the WWF only to crash and burn due to in-fighting and having to deal with all those strong-willed promoters trying to work together.

Plus, I am amused at one of the new games being held in The Bahamas.

You know ESPN owns a number of those bowls, they will never go away. I do not help things by watching the games.

On a different note I expect the SC/Ark game to be a lot closer than it should. Arkansas has a shot at the upset unless we can manage a pass rush to help our struggling secondary.

That Arkansas fake punt was just laughable. Things looking ok for SC, would like to have gotten the ball in the end zone instead of fumbling as we had the Razorbacks down and out. 17-7 in the 2nd.