DVDVR Message Board

NMM #4 - KRIS STATLANDER

RIPPA

KRIS STATLANDER

Kris-S..jpg

CAGEMATCH

RANDOM MATCHES (w/ links)

vs. Ashley Vox (Limitless)

vs. Tenille Dashwood (Create A Pro Wrestling)

vs. Allie Kat (Limitless) - Love me some Allie Kat

Ring of Honor 6 Women

vs. John Silver (Beyond)

vs. Mark Sterling (Beyond)

vs. Jordynne Grave (CZW)

RANDOM THOUGHTS

- Will also see name spelled as "Stadtlander" because why would anything ever be easy

- Wrestling is literally the time period. Cagematches first match for her is 4/29/17

- Just earned the "Tryout" spot at the last WWN tryout and will be appearing at the next NXT Taping 

- First graduate of Create a Pro Wrestler - which is Pat Buck/Curt Hawkins' school

- Sometimes goes by  “The Galaxy’s Greatest Alien”

- Just won the Beyond Treasure Hunter tournament (beat David Starr, Jordynne Grace and Chris Dickinson)

Going to have to give the linked matches a look when I get in from work, because she's been getting a load of buzz but so far I've been underwhelmed by the three Statlander matches I've seen. A mediocre match in NYWC where Willow Nightingale stood out far more, a clunky comedy intergender six man in Limitless, and an outright bad match for Beyond against Alexia Nicole, where Statlander was admittedly the better half of the match. I'm open to having my mind changed though.

• Like 1

Ok, so I had taken a look at the Allie Kat match and I was a little hesitant to reply because I could only be so positive. My main takeaway there was that she was on the right track, and then I was going to talk about how my favorite part of Allie Kat's gimmick is how she sometimes seems to be unable to control it and is almost apologetic for the fact she's half cat or what have you. It was pretty obvious that Statlander wasn't quite there yet, mainly on execution. She just wasn't hitting the stuff she was trying. It was an ok match and certainly an admirable one given her relative inexperience, but ...

it's great to see how far she's come since. The Dashwood match had a wildly higher level of difficulty on almost every level, the opening feeling out exchanges, her character work playing up the alien thing by being just a little off, her doing things that feel much more challenging and hitting them, the combos, the conditioning, some of the counter sequences, the intensity in her shots. The match seemed like it was lacking a heel/face structure (in that they were both more or less heels) but that just made it more impressive that it went as well as it did. Full props to Dashwood who I've always been fairly high on. I don't think everything hit quite as well as it could have (especially her finish which is a bigger problem than a mid-match move) but she's definitely come a long way in a year or two. 

I will check out the Vox match later on.

The announcing in that Allie Kat match is horrible. Maybe having a McMahon yell in your ear about hashtags isn't so bad...

EDIT: that Electric Chair facebuster! MeOWWW.

EDIT 2, RE: COMMENTARY. "That kitty has a bicycle!" made me laugh, though.

Edited by Marty Sugar
  • Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
  • RIPPA unfeatured this topic