DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 02/27/19 (SPOILER FREE!)

RIPPA

What is advertised on WWE.com is the following

• Mia Yim vs. Shanya Baszler (appears to be non-title)
  • Taynara Conti & Xia Li vs. Vanessa Borne & Aliyah
  • Keith Lee vs. Domnik Dijakovic 
  • More teams announced for the Dusty Rhodes Classic
  • And some sort of Johnny Gargano segment

Conti/Li vs. Borne/Aliyah was not good. Thought it was the worst Borne & Aliyah have looked in a long time. Conti looked ok, but its feels like she is lacking something as a face. Li probably looked the best for the short time she was in.

Lee/Dijakovic was so damn fun, and I'm so ready for more.

Dug the Ciampa & Gargano joining together again officially. Whats coming is obvious, but I'm enjoying the ride.

Mia/Shayna was good and easily the best Mia has looked in WWE so far.

• Like 1

Keith Lee vs. Domnik Dijakovic did not disappoint. Damn that was great and a GREAT finish.  I love double countouts to set up something for the future. No need to give it all away on the weekly program.  

I liked how comfortable Sasha and Bayley were on the mic here. The main roster just drags everyone down into nonsense overly scripted bullshit. Not here. Short and to the point. 

• Like 1

Give me Lee vs Dijakovic at Takeover and let those big bastards kick each other's asses!

It amazes me how long Aliyah has been around and she's still struggling to do anything above basic. Not everyone has to be a superworker but you'd think she'd show...something by now.

Seeing the monster pop for Bayley and Sasha just brought a smile to my face, even more so when Bayley hugged Izzy. Both have had their fair share of hiccups on RAW but it was good to see them get a hero's welcome back "home"

Ciampa is such a magnificent shit stirrer with Gargano. I'm all in on evil DIY

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Watch Lee/Dijakovic. It's a short TV version of their beefy athletic matches from the indys. Loved how they did a ton of athletic stuff, yet saved some for later and the finish allows them to build toward the eventual rematch and a potential series of matches hopefully.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:39 AM, Phil4126 said:

It amazes me how long Aliyah has been around and she's still struggling to do anything above basic. Not everyone has to be a superworker but you'd think she'd show...something by now.

Her progression has been interesting. Some matches, I think she looks passable. Then she has a showing like this. Not very good at all. I agree that Xia and Taynara looked like the more polished duo here.

Aliyah came into the company with a few years under her belt and has been at the PC for a few yrs, so it's funny how she has found her spot amongst the newer trainees that dont have extensive wrestling backgrounds. The fact that she doesn't look as solid as the other girls is just disappointing. Not sure what they intend to accomplish pairing her up with Vanessa, who also struggles with consistency. I'm also not feeling ANOTHER female tandem playing off superiority complexes. 

• 4 weeks later...