DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane V - 3/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Bryan vs. Owens vs. Ali had the hard task of getting the crowd back on their side with the crowd wanting Kofi. Reminded me of the crowd sitting on the 2014 Royal Rumble match when Bryan wasn't the 30th entrant and the 2015 Royal Rumble when he was eliminated early.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

give Ali,  Bryan and Owens a TON of credit.  They were in an impossible spot tonight and were nearly hijacked. They turned that crowd around and put on a great fucking match.  Ali is a special babyface...   I hope he continues this run.  

That Shield match was way better than I was expecting. It's amazing what can happen and how the crowd reacts when they book babyfaces like fuckin killers. 

• Like 7

It's weird, the WWE multi-person match formula has gotten really stale and yet the Raw tag titles, US title, and world title matches were really good. Re-doing the plot of Wrestlemania 30 with Kofi in Bryan's role has been bugging me, but it worked out for the better tonight as the World Title match was better for the substitution. Rest of the show was just kind of there. The women's tag match was especially brutal.

• Like 1

I’ll be honest, I rarely watch the WWE and tuned in sporadically tonight, but enjoyed the WWE, U.S. and tag title matches.  I didn’t realize there were more matches after the title match (was watching without the sound), so can’t speak with on the last two.  Was pleasantly surprised by what I saw though 

Charlotte on her way to another 100% clean victory before another cheap ass finish goes the other way. Tapping out to Asuka, stealing a Rumble spot, and a gifted DQ earns a Mania main event. They really are out to Screw the Woo. Ronda's "i'm not following their act anymore" came to shoot with a nice little touch. Sucked. Though the absolute highlight was Charlotte's hilarious hopping to mock Becky in the opening circling.

Can't believe they turned the beloved Shane O Mac. I know it's been rumored for some time but still didn't want to see it. I always loved Shane O as the always super over babyface authority figure/part timer. But I'll probably end up enjoying this new killer badass BJJ expert version Shane O, choking people unconscious with triangles. Prior to that, the match was really good, with the mid-air coast to coast collision being an awesome looking spot.

the main event ended up a lot of fun as a Shield greatest hits for their One Last Ride. US title match was good again if a bit short. Womens tags match was sloppy awful. Everything else pretty bland and generic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Not quite..  they are still cursed with working the awful duo of Nia and Tamina.  

Awful is right. When Nia's in a match, I hope nobody gets injured.

Edited by The Natural

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

give Ali,  Bryan and Owens a TON of credit.  They were in an impossible spot tonight and were nearly hijacked. They turned that crowd around and put on a great fucking match.  Ali is a special babyface...   I hope he continues this run.  

My first thought when the match started was "wow, they are gonna kill two guys dead for this Kofi angle" but yeah that match was SO good that the fans couldn't help but appreciate it.  Just like Kofi took the ball when Ali got hurt, Ali got his one chance in a World title match and made the absolute most of it.  

I will say that this whole "no DQs in a three-way" is fucking stupid.  Why wasn't Rowan in the ring the whole time?  Attacking your opponents is legal, why did he spend most of the match not taking advantage?

• Like 1