DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

I no longer feel guilty about not giving Sofie gifts as I light her up with 1000 gold coins every time she asks for an allowance AND I am letting her keep a damn fox in the house

• Like 2

So is there anyway to get followers to equip higher quality versions of their default armor? I have  legendary set of vampire royal armor that I can't get Serana to equip because she is already technically wearing a version of it as her default. It annoys me.

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So is there anyway to get followers to equip higher quality versions of their default armor? I have  legendary set of vampire royal armor that I can't get Serana to equip because she is already technically wearing a version of it as her default. It annoys me.

Take her default armor away

EDIT - Wait - realized what you were talking about.

Apparently Serena's default is actually set to Royal Vampire Armor so there are very few armor sets that are greater than that

I swear nearly every time I fast travel to Winterhold I have to face a damn dragon. Once I had to face one when a fast traveled and then another just as I was leaving. Its ridiculous. You would think they would understand the fear of over being assaulted by half dozen mages by now.

I think I got three straight dragon attacks there but it seems that they have decided to move to my house at Lakeview Manor

I am getting really tired of having to replace my horse there

Fast Traveling apparently "winds the clock" on Dragons spawning.

Dawnstar would be a ghost town by now if I didn't do a headcount before saving afterwards

Yes, it's supremely annoying.

So does carriage riding - I tried that this go around early on in my game and it wasn't helping.

So far the only people who died on me were the begger in White Run who literally might have died of old age. I thought it might have been a vampire attack but they all get slaughtered at the gates (one of the benefits of the Alik'r soldiers chilling at the front gate).

The other one was the dude who owns the mine in Karthwasten. He died fleeing a dragon and I STILL haven't found his body. Only reason I knew he was dead was because I got the inheritance and folks started talking about him being dead.

All other dead people are do to my doing (or obvious story reasons)

So far I've managed to avoid people dying from attacks hideout of random guards who seem to gt replaced. Guards and citizens always swarm the vampires to a point where I almost feel sorry for them. The freaking help at the Blue Place completely swarmed a master and thrall when I was leaving from the daedra quest there. I still have no idea how people are surviving dragon attacks. Breath attacks alone should be wiping them out yet so far I only ever find monsters and vampires dead when I'm dealing with dragons.

Speaking of dragons I did the Soul Cairn quest and can now summon  a dragon. Its kind of frightening due to its immense size, and I have no idea when it will actually be useful seeing that I don't fight too many enemies in the open. That said, its really cool.

Okay - I had a new one for pure chaos

And not really in a good way as I fast traveled over to Darkwater Crossing and I arrive to find the miners and guards in a tussle with 3 leveled vampires. 

No biggie... well biggie once not one but TWO dragons showed up at the same time.

That is the first time I have ever had two dragons spawn at the same time - clearly the game was not pleased with all my avoiding of the dragons.

Somehow no one died... well I did smash a vampire into a smelter which is my new all time favorite Skyrim kill - but no one important died

• Like 3

Grr...

Totally forgot that the game gets cranky if you overload a chest with to much stuff so now I am trying to sort all my crap that I threw into Whiterun across my other homes.

So very tedious

"Hold on, I need to pick this lock but first I need to change into my Thieves Guild outfit."

It's a good thing I usually kill everyone in the room before I go lock-picking, because they might think I'm a bit of a weirdo.  

• Like 1

So I talk about the moments of chaos that happen in this game.

The one that happened this morning will be tough to top.

I pop into Riften and as I show up I hear the sounds of scuffle and the Black-Briar kid (the one who is the alchemist) wind sprinting to the market with weapon drawn. I take off and get to the market and see what I expected - vampires. What I didn't expect was the entire fucking town going to war. I get around a stall but Jordis is quicker and she crushes the last standing vampire. Disappointed I turn back to the market and I see it. Absolute destruction...

Dead on the ground are 3 vampires, a thief, two dead guards, Edda (one of the beggars) - whose head is not attached to her body, Romlyn Dreth (the dude who works at the Black-Briar Meadery but sells the stuff on the black market) and Aerin (the dude who follows Mjoll like a lost puppy). I have never seen so much death in one spot that I haven't caused.

Aerin must have died before I arrived in Riften because supposedly if he dies Mjoll has a complete and utter breakdown on the spot. I didn't witness that so now I am scared to go to her house.

I haven't decided if I am gonna to go back to an earlier save or not. Mjoll is actually the only I care about in that I planned on recruiting her to the Blades but I think she becomes unrecruitable if Aerin is dead.

I saved and turned off the game standing in the middle of the carnage as I have zero clue how I am gonna proceed.

Well I think it is a combo of the vampires being at their max level possible and sometimes guys get jumped when no one is around.

Like I was in Whiterun and their was a Vampire Thrall waiting at the bottom of the stairs and he was dragging Belethor around behind him just so he could resurrect him

I reloaded that one since I didn't even have a chance to make the save

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well I think it is a combo of the vampires being at their max level possible and sometimes guys get jumped when no one is around.

Like I was in Whiterun and their was a Vampire Thrall waiting at the bottom of the stairs and he was dragging Belethor around behind him just so he could resurrect him

I reloaded that one since I didn't even have a chance to make the save

You've got a little over a month to beat this game.  MAKE IT HAPPEN~!

So how is Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood story line? I'm close to the end of Dawnguard and Thieves Guild so I was thinking about maybe finally starting it or continuing on with the College of Winterhold and Dragonborn. Also why in the hell does the Ancient Falmer Armor not have a helmet?

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

So how is Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood story line? I'm close to the end of Dawnguard and Thieves Guild so I was thinking about maybe finally starting it or continuing on with the College of Winterhold and Dragonborn.

It's... weird. I mean, yes, all the faction quests have a weird twist in them, but this one is WEIRD. Cicero is so far out there even Aaron Rodgers won't throw a hail mary pass. The armor is also not as good if you've got the Nightingale set. I've gone through it once, and can't think of a reason to try it again.

• Like 1

I have only done part of it but I know from what I have done and what I have seen that it might not necessarily be for everyone and the choices they like to make for their character

4 hours ago, JLSigman said:

It's... weird. I mean, yes, all the faction quests have a weird twist in them, but this one is WEIRD. Cicero is so far out there even Aaron Rodgers won't throw a hail mary pass. The armor is also not as good if you've got the Nightingale set. I've gone through it once, and can't think of a reason to try it again.

This is a tad disappointing to hear as I thought some of the gear of the assassins trying to kill me looked nice. On the other hand I loved the Nightingale set.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have only done part of it but I know from what I have done and what I have seen that it might not necessarily be for everyone and the choices they like to make for their character

Yes, I was wondering about that, just how evil I had to go to play it. I generally play good guys so it might be too much of a departure. The Thieves Guild felt a bit more neutral so I was ok doing their stuff.

There is some "freedom" as it seems there is a branching path during the story line

Plus the one egregious kill that is offered to you (like I would have hated myself for doing) was completely optional