DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

And here I naively thought there was any kind of update on an ES6.

The update from Todd Howard the other day was 

Howard said that Bethesda “[knows] it is a long wait” and then joked that his son gave him a Father’s Day card asking where the game is. Howard also addressed the long waiting period between releases in its franchises, saying that he understands, but quality is most important to the team and that they are “careful with resources and priorities.”

So yeah - plan on planning ES6 when you are dead

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So I noticed my Skyrim updating today.

I am figuring because I have Game Pass - I am getting at least part of (if not all) the nonsense that just came out

This fucking game really wants me to finish it...

I actually installed the PS version I bought 2-3 years ago knowing this was releasing. I never played past the first couple hours on my 360 copy. I have it installed via game pass too, but I wanted to see what next gen benefit I got off my PS5. With Game pass, you can pay the $20 to get the rest of the anniversary content without paying the full $50. I'm not sure I'll do it on Playstation, but I may start a new game in earnest this week.

It also made me think about the Witcher 3 upgrade that was supposed to be out this month, and I Googled and learned "yeah, that's maybe next year with the Cyberpunk one." So it'll be here in time for whatever the next next gen is I guess. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

I actually installed the PS version I bought 2-3 years ago knowing this was releasing. I never played past the first couple hours on my 360 copy. I have it installed via game pass too, but I wanted to see what next gen benefit I got off my PS5. With Game pass, you can pay the $20 to get the rest of the anniversary content without paying the full $50. I'm not sure I'll do it on Playstation, but I may start a new game in earnest this week.

The anniversary content is $20 in general.

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The anniversary content is $20 in general.

If you don't own the game and don't have gamepass, it's $50. Game Pass is a loop hole for people that don't own it that may want to touch that content was what I meant. 

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

If you don't own the game and don't have gamepass, it's $50. Game Pass is a loop hole for people that don't own it that may want to touch that content was what I meant. 

I was just talking about the upgrade on its own.

• Like 1

So I started my game up just to see where I was since I figured I might try to play again soon when I pick up the anniversary upgrade. I'm now realizing its been 4+ years and am kind of lost. Whats more something got screwed up as I'm noticing there are quests in my queue that I definitely finished already like the Thalmor Embassy quest. now I'm just curious if the Anniversary update screwed my shit up or was it another one. It also makes me wildly confused as to what I should do do next. I just know that I was trying to finish the Dragonborn DLC. Even with that I'm not sure where I a story wise.

• Haha 1

Are there any mods for the Xbox version of the game that make the characters models not look like a ten plus year old game? I mean, I have like 2 gigs worth of mods that improve lighting, weather, textures, AI improvements, new kills, new dragons, more magic and weapons, etc but the faces on everyone looks SO fuckin’ jank.

Edited by Casey

• 2 months later...

Skyrim Anniversary Edition looks beautiful on my S/X.  Sooo many stupid distractions like fishing to keep me from completing the main quest.

Who the fuck thought Survival Mode was a good idea?  I don't mind having to eat since I like hunting in the game and hunger checks were in old school MMOs like EverQuest.  The map is too big to get rid of Fast Travel and reduced encumbrance is a horrible idea in RPGs since loot is your means of making money. 

I'm not sure how you would enforce the "stay warm" stip since Nords should be used to the climate and Khajiit have fur.

• Like 2

Good times.  I'm 5th level Khajit douchebag again earning a living at Gerta's saw mill while annoying Sven by siding with Faendal for the fair hand of Camilla Valerius.  He won't be the only Nord Bard I sell out.

Unlike pass playthroughs, RNG favored me with a couple of undead bane scrolls so getting past the two meanest Draugyr in Bleak Falls Barrow wasn't that hard.  I recovered the Dragon's Claw, learned my first Power Word, and am ready for more misadventures.  I don't think there is enough Leather in the town vendors for me to smith a proper set of Leather Armor for the road.  I may have to go hunting for wolves and elk.

I've decided to say Fuck Block and go dual wielding this time. We'll see how this works out.  I am AEW Dante Martin relying on quickness and speed to beat heavily armored enemies.  I seem to do a lot of damage, but my Stamina tanks out if I lean on Power Attack too much.  So much for leveling up Magicka evenly with Health and Stamina.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Lord I am definitely too far gone to start over again

The one good thing is just visiting every town to figure out who I left where will allow me to relearn the controls

I went back because this game has brand new achievements for starting from the beginning.  Easier to relearn controls early in the game where most of the combat is very forgiving.  This old orc nearly cut me in half, though.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ugh.... I really really don't want to do the Thieves Guild quest all over again

I will be avoiding the Companions and Dark Brotherhood quest lines like the plague because I don't have time to play this game for a year straight and go down the werewolf and vampire rabbit holes.

I always hook up with the Thieves Guild since I tend to play Khajiit, but I wish I wasn't such a shitty pickpocket.

Edited by J.T.

God, now I have to buy a house so that I can adopt this kid that is following me around town.  Once I purchase Breezehome, my housecarl will take care of her while I am off killing people.  Khajiit are the worst fathers.

I had forgotten that the Jarl's little son and daughter are quite the spoiled assholes.

No, Arcadia.  I don't fucking have Ataxia or the Rattles.

Skyrim citizens being sloppy housekeepers does nothing for my OCD.  I'm constantly putting jars and plates back on shelves and picking food items up off of the floor.  If someone made a mod that allowed me to pick things up and set them down without them flipping, I'd be grateful.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I remember that which ever house I bought out of that expansion that gave you the three big homes - I ended up picking the one that was right next to a Dragon spawn point

The number of times I have fast travelled there and my wife, kid, a companion, my horse and other random passersbys where brawling with a dragon is definitely a double digit number

• Like 1

As a prisoner, I am not sure what is more satisfying.  Following Ralof and getting to kill the Imperial Captain yourself, or escaping with Hadvar and knowing that the Captain either got burned to death or died when Helgen Keep collapsed. 

It is annoying that escaping with the Stormcloak is your best shot in the early going of getting yourself a full set of decent Imperial light armor as well as an Imperial Sword.

I forgot that you can go back and kill the Imperial Torturer without pissing off Hadvar or the Assistant.  That fucker has a Steel Dagger and probably deserves to die anyway.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Every time I build out a house, one of the first things I do is grab literally every piece of clutter that's not nailed down, empty one of the barrels that's got...who the fuck knows what in it (probably potatoes or some shit), and then dump ALL that crap in the barrel so I don't have to look at it and it won't go flying if I do something crazy, like shout at things or constantly torture Orchendor by summoning him as a Dead Thrall and then slitting his throat over and over for my own amusement.  Kinda wish I could Dead Thrall the Emperor at the end of the DB questline, just to fuck with every single Jarl.

17 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will be avoiding the Companions and Dark Brotherhood quest lines like the plague because I don't have time to play this game for a year straight and go down the werewolf and vampire rabbit holes.

I mean you're going to have to do Dawnguard eventually so you might as well. besides I like being a werewolf purely to ignore diseases.

Just a reminder that with exception of a few things like Survival, fishing, and one particular quest line you do need to actually activate that Creation Club content if you have any interest in playing any ofit.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 4:59 AM, Eivion said:

Just a reminder that with exception of a few things like Survival, fishing, and one particular quest line you do need to actually activate that Creation Club content if you have any interest in playing any ofit.

I purchased the anniversary upgrade for the bonus content, but I have no plans of activating the crazier indie mods. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks, dudes.  I prefer my Skryim to exist well within proper sword and sorcery parameters.

The leather scout armor from the Skyrim upgrade pack is nice (as are the various "brawler" gauntlets for different types of armor) and it is cool to look different from every other leather armor clad NPC in the game, but I'd also appreciate it if there were a mod that allowed you to get the bonus for wearing a full / matched set of armor without having to visibly show your head protection.   As a Khajiit, I am always stuffing my ears under some damn brain bucket, but it is better than old school Morrowind where beast races did not have the protection ratings of other races because they couldn't wear helmets or leg armor..

Met the Khajiit skooma dealer on the way back to Whiterun after recovering Amren's family sword.  I bought some product and didn't rat him out.  I do not support the Empire's cultural oppression.  Moon sugar is important to the traditions of my people.

When I get home from work, it'll be off to make more gold so that I can eventually buy Breezehome and put a roof over this street urchin's head.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah, there isn't really any bikini content in the Creation Club as far as I'm aware. That stuff is more DLC than mods as most of it is made or finished by Bethesda.

I suggest a backpack. Its nice to have all that extra carry weight.