DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 02/06/19 (Spoiler Free!)

RIPPA

Just watched NXT and yeah the back-to-back Gulak matches are the best thing I've seen in WWE this year.  Going from comedy match to full-on wrestling match without missing a beat.  I LOVED his deadpan reaction to Eric in his first match.  Both those segments are why I love wrestling.

I loved Bugenhagen.  I read the spoilers and knew what was coming, but shit, I have NEVER seen someone go from nobody to somebody like he did.  He does need to learn that less is more, and WWE is NOT the place that will teach you that.  He burned through a month of material in the match and unaired post-match.

Somebody compared him to No Way and Adam Rose, but the thing is, those two are playing characters written for them.  I absolutely believe that was Bugenhagen being himself.

• Like 2

After seeing Gulak a few times in Evolve, I did not anticipate him doing well in WWE once he was signed. I have been completely convinced otherwise by now. Honestly dude has it all, and he's as big/bigger than dudes like Finn, AJ and Bryan so maybe after some time bouncing around 205/NXT and a UK "excursion" (vs WALTER please), he could kill it on the main roster at least in a Samoa Joe perpetual protagonist role.

Bugenhagen should team with Elias as the Buskers (aka Team Upper Body Business).

Agreed on Gulak. Like Dunne, he's a smaller guy with such a believable style that I could see him working against anyone. Feuds with Velveteen or Ricochet would be fantastic. Plus he's done what he can in 205 Live so if he's not gunning for the title there he may as well do it in NXT. His match against Devlin in When Worlds Collide was also great.

• Like 1

Bugenhagen debut was like Santino's mix tag match; something special and magical, like a unicorn, to be held in our hearts and keep us warm during the cold times. It does help that it was followed up by a wonderful desert of Riddle vs Gulak match.

(Yes, Buskers tag team would rule... I also can easily picture him as Baley's ADHD cousin.)

• Like 2