DVDVR Message Board

UFC 234: Adesanya vs. Silva (2/9/2019) - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Rod Laver Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Excuse my complete ignorance here, but does that mean that Silva and Adesanya get bumped up to five rounds instead of three?

According to the UFC press release, it is still three rounds.

• Thanks 1

Jalin Turner just quieted the entire arena by absolutely mopping up Callan Potter.

I like Turner even with the loss to Luque. That was clearly too much too soon and up a weight class at that. He can be a decent lightweight.

Ok, Devonte Smith is not short of personality and charisma (or nasty punches to the side of your head after he faceplants you).

He called out Massaranduba. That's a big step up, but hey, he looked devastating here.

11 minutes ago, Setsuna said:

Not quite the passing of the torch the UFC was lookung for but we all knew it could go this way. Enjoyef the first two rounds. This third is dire though.

Not exactly Jumbo vs. Misawa but it will do in my book.

The next logical match for Israel is against Jacare to clear that logjam. It would be great for Israel to get that extra win and over someone who is a legit perennial middleweight contender. I would figure the Borrachinha vs. Romero winner would get a big fight in the summer. Either way, it's a nice little mini tournament and hopefully Whittaker gets back to full health lord willing.

I wanna see Anderson get a nice retirement sendoff in Curitiba in front of that stadium crowd. He wasn't able to be on the first one, and he definitely deserves to be on the second one. They can even rebook the Uriah Hall fight.

• Like 1