DVDVR Message Board

FEB 2019 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

YT feed was fine for me.

It was friends and family. Lot of NXT wrestlers in there too.

I had a feeling it was going to be them and was proven right when seeing Shayna chilling out.  Was a pretty fun match to watch and much more entertaining than the Maroon 5 show.  Hope this is a yearly thing as I liked it a lot.

• Like 1

Did you think you would ever see a PWG style match at the Performance Center with Shawn Michaels on commentary.   Shawn putting over everyone like they were his sons was just great.   HBK saying that comparing him to Velveteen Dream would be "limiting his ceiling" was awesome 

• Like 3

Keep NXT tapings in Full Sail. It's hard enough to get tickets there, so if they did it at the PC it would be even harder.

But yes, bring 205 Live over to Full Sail or close down the show and move the title to NXT. That would be much better.

Make the Full Sail tapings a bi-weekly thing record 2 episodes of NXT and 2 of 205 Live and that should do the trick.

I loved this match. For a showcase event like this, it was exactly what it should have been. All six of these guys came off like STARS and everyone got their moment to shine. That video that Mr. Rippa posted was great too, and I liked seeing Aleister so fired up. And I'm sure it wasn't intentionally storyline, but it was a nice touch to have Black go from not wanting to "give a child attention" to not only saying Dream's name, but pointing out how damn good he is.

It would probably lose its luster to do it on a regular basis, but I am 100% on board for special events like this from the PC periodically.

4 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

And I'm sure it wasn't intentionally storyline, but it was a nice touch to have Black go from not wanting to "give a child attention" to not only saying Dream's name, but pointing out how damn good he is.

I'm sure that it was intentionally storyline - their feud/match ended with Dream earning Black's respect and Black saying his name post-match.

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm sure that it was intentionally storyline - their feud/match ended with Dream earning Black's respect and Black saying his name post-match.

I still love that their feud started over Black calling him Patrick during a pre-tape and hate that all of the hype videos for the feud ignored it.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Gabe must have loved that. Fucking Dragon Soldier B?

Was the session on how to ruin a potentially really good tournament?

It's crazy that no matter what good stuff he might have done in his career he'll forever be remembered by us for this. Also crazy that we were both there long before knowing of each other on here. Small world, man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's crazy that no matter what good stuff he might have done in his career he'll forever be remembered by us for this.

I don't recall Kashin ever being highly regarded. Keep in mind the prick more or less legit stole part of the AJPW tag titles for a while as well.

• Like 2