DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

On 2/8/2019 at 3:50 AM, PetrolCB said:

It’s not THAT terrible. He seems to be selling it in a professional wrestling way that you sell a kick towards the left side of your head. He’s an enhancement guy who probably spent too many hours for any sane person, being berated by of all people Buddy Lee Parker (shitty, midget Brock). What are you expecting? 

It’s not as bad as you’re making it to be. Of anything, there should be some modicum of praise on Liger not taking liberties and delivering a nice (given the circumstances), glancing, yet believable blow to the head. 

Nobody there or watching later thought it sucked, except maybe a half-dozen at best. Even then, it’s nitpicking. 

It’s Liger on Pro (or Worldwide, or whatever the fuck). What expectations are there?

I thought that was a pretty slick little sequence. I love stuff like that whenever I go back and watch old NWA/WCW shows where the jobber gets to pull out a few reversals.

Taking a backdrop on a tackle/dropdown spot wasn't uncommon back in the day; I've seen many old matches from the 70s/80s where it's happened. I've seen Brits do it, and I've seen them do it in Stampede...although those two areas are pretty tightly linked. The whole point of the dropdown is that you're trying to evade your opponent, it doesn't always have to be pretty.

5 hours ago, #BlueJustice said:

Takeda is a confirmed crazy man.

Imagine being a semi-successful MMA fighter (11-4-1 when he was active) and being like, nah, deathmatches seem like a better idea.

He just likes both. What can you say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

Taking a backdrop on a tackle/dropdown spot wasn't uncommon back in the day; I've seen many old matches from the 70s/80s where it's happened. I've seen Brits do it, and I've seen them do it in Stampede...although those two areas are pretty tightly linked. The whole point of the dropdown is that you're trying to evade your opponent, it doesn't always have to be pretty.

I'd say start a criss-cross spot and then just stop and trip the guy so he flies headfirst out of the ring to the floor sliding like Rey Jr.

13 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

source.gif 

The match turning out the way it did was quite the surprise. Wrestlemania XXIV is a top three WrestleMania for the above, Michaels vs. Flair and the MOTN in the main event between Edge and the Undertaker.

• Like 1