DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2019 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Becky Lynch and Nia Jax both entered themselves in the last spot in matches they weren't even supposed to be in.  Tunney wouldn't have let this occur.  Why would anyone bother to draw a number and enter legally when you can just show up when you want?

Charlotte Flair probably goes to WrestleMania on a technicality cause she was the last legal entrant standing.  Which makes her look like a heel despite again doing nothing wrong unlike cheating ass sore loser Becky Lynch who lost her title match and then stole the Rumble win.  And you need a 3-way cause if they really want to main event with the women then they're going to have to do a ton of press and Lynch doing puns and calling herself "The Man" will probably play poorly and Rousey is just batshit and will start going off about time travel so it's up to Flair to come off as the likeable one.

And Mickie James was who they needed in there directing traffic but they tossed her super early for some reason.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

That 4 way Power Plex spot in the corner by Rey/Almas/Ali/BRAUN was swank as Hell. 

Just now, Web Conn said:

Where was EC3? Maybe he should have been the one to beat up Truth and enter into the Rumble.

Also Charlotte and Lacy Evans showed potential for a money feud in the Rumble.

I guess EC3 was to busying looking in a mirror not to Jump R Truth. 

3 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Where was EC3? Maybe he should have been the one to beat up Truth and enter into the Rumble.

Also Charlotte and Lacy Evans showed potential for a money feud in the Rumble.

EC3 should have bought #30 from R-Truth. Next year, he's forced to be #1.

Of course, we wouldn't get the follow up a year later. Those days are long gone.

Rowan returning to end the Styles-Bryan feud was a What the fuck moment? 

With the women clearly main eventing Mania, they should have pulled the trigger on someone else winning the men's Rumble. Rey or Ali vs Bryan would be amazing, and you could have Finn win the cell and show up at Mania as the Demon to take the belt from Lesnar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My money is on Becky/Ronda and Asuka/Charlotte.

I think it'll be Ronda vs. Becky vs. Charlotte. I like that and the two matches you suggest.

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair need the rubber match. Asuka losing the streak to Charlotte at last year's WrestleMania XXXIV was one of the worst finishes last year and how the post match was interrupted by Cena finding out Undertaker had arrived. Asuka won the second match by DR on Smackdown Live in the build to TLC I believe.

52 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Oh fuck off, last year BOTH Rumbles tonight beat the shit out of anything in years. Literally last year made the Rumble back into a must see show.  Which I saw tonight.  And it wasn't.

I meant the overall show. Last year had the terrible Lesnar threeway with Kane and Braun and AJ had that awful handicap match with Owens and Zayn and two decent TV-quality tag title matches. The non-Rumble matches blew away last year.

FWIW - despite the flaws the women’s Rumble not relying on nostalgia is probably the smarter path. Last year’s was more fun, though, no doubt. This one is gonna be more meaningful long-term, especially in WWE hagiography.

I guess the men’s Rumble was hampered by not having the crowd freakout over Reigns possibly winning or hoping Daniel Bryan would come out. I dunno...this Rumble felt fresher. No Kanes or Big Shows killing the little guys or nostalgia acts going deep and I feel a lot of newer faces got some exposure. So yeah...one of the better overall Rumble shows in a while but I’m cool with dissenting opinions. As I’ve mentioned...I’m higher on Rollins than most.

Trying to separate out my opinion on Rollins, I think the problem is that, while he's definitely over, he's not OVER. The crowd likes him, they want him to win, but they don't need him to win.

The crowd would live or die with Hogan, Austin, even Hart and Michaels. Cena in their own way, though split on which they wanted. Bryan, obviously. Seth though... The crowd was happy he won, but it was the same kind of pop people get for winning midcard titles all the time. He doesn't matter to them the way a real top guy does.

• Like 4

Why did they book Asuka vs. Becky? I think they wanted to stack the Rumble card because it's Chase Field and they needed 40+ in there which I guess they got. Asuka needed this win more than Becky.  They nearly destroyed Asuka last year, they are in the process of rebuilding her and it looks like she's going to be the face of the SDL women's division.  

Problem is they don't have enough top level women on the main rosters yet. They did a good job rehabbing Asuka and Sasha. I think they should figure out something with Naomi or Ember Moon too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Trying to separate out my opinion on Rollins, I think the problem is that, while he's definitely over, he's not OVER. The crowd likes him, they want him to win, but they don't need him to win.

The crowd would live or die with Hogan, Austin, even Hart and Michaels. Cena in their own way, though split on which they wanted. Bryan, obviously. Seth though... The crowd was happy he won, but it was the same kind of pop people get for winning midcard titles all the time. He doesn't matter to them the way a real top guy does.

Is that his fault or the booking? How long have we seen that the current full time roster is treated as being lesser than guys from bygone eras? Who is really treated as a big deal anymore? We've been beaten over the head with it, that the brand is bigger than any one wrestler. Nothing and nobody matters in the era of 50/50 booking.

• Like 2