DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2019 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Here's a concept - What if for the Non-Mania shows they had them in different arenas in the same area? Im not sure how that works logistically but (using Phoenix as the example) could you have night 1 in Talking Stick Resort & night 2 in... *googles* Gila River Arena?

sounds a little too close to the failed experiment that was Wrestlemania 2.

technology has come a long way since then, of course, but I think "don't do that again" has remained the takeaway.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

technology has come a long way since then, of course, but I think "don't do that again" has remained the takeaway.

Chicago got the best part of WM2, the Bulldogs/Dream Team title match.

• Like 1

The show wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. I think if you were to go back and watch any one of the matches in isolation it would be much more enjoyable. Head scratching moments aside(I mean seriously, Dolph eliminates Drew in a throwaway spot? Why?) both rumbles were very good. But when even your announcers are point out on the air that JESUS CHRIST THIS SHOW IS STILL GOING ON you know it's time to go home

19 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

The show wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. I think if you were to go back and watch any one of the matches in isolation it would be much more enjoyable. Head scratching moments aside(I mean seriously, Dolph eliminates Drew in a throwaway spot? Why?) both rumbles were very good. But when even your announcers are point out on the air that JESUS CHRIST THIS SHOW IS STILL GOING ON you know it's time to go home

It was a very good collection of matches overall. But Christ it was so fucking long. Especially when you count the pre-show. I think the first match started at about 5:45 and the last ended at about 11:45. That's insane. And it was laid out in a way that let the momentum drop by not ending with BECKY MOTHERFUCKING LYNCH

8 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

When did they do that for RAW not that long ago (25th anniv?) , with the split locations and people at the Manhattan Center griped out what they got to see live. 

One thing that struck me during the Rumble was how many not just former NXT stars, but NXT champions, were in the Rumble: 7 out of the 30.  In fact, other than the first and current champs, every available former champ (so not Neville, Zayn, or KO) was either in the Rumble or a title match.

So, now that the dust has settled, with regards to this Royal Rumble show, the most important questions I have to ask that I seriously need answered are...did that whole hat thing with Maria and Alicia Fox actually happen? Did I imagine it? Was it a fever dream I had? I'm afraid if I go back and watch it again and it didn't actually happen I might start questioning the nature of my existence. But, then, people in this thread mentioned it so it did happen, right?

Okay, there's that and there's the fact that Rhea Ripley is fucking starry mcstarrington.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

One thing that struck me during the Rumble was how many not just former NXT stars, but NXT champions, were in the Rumble: 7 out of the 30.  In fact, other than the first and current champs, every available former champ (so not Neville, Zayn, or KO) was either in the Rumble or a title match.

Except Bo Dallas

54 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

First champ was Seth, who was in. Bo Dallas, on the other hand, wasn't.

So after whining for six months about Charlotte stealing title shots. Becky Lynch after losing clean by submission, steals the number thirty rumble and eliminates the remaining women. I knew that was going to happen when she lost the opener. Because it would be the worst booking they could do. Since she chose Ronda and looks terrified of Asuka. 

The main rumble was the worst one since earlier in the card. The only highlight was Jeff Jarrett and even then he was in a gimmick nobody remembers fondly. 

WWE seems to think NXT is a bigger deal than it is and is a substitute for surprise entrants. 

It took four years but WWE finally Ryback'ed Braun. You can see they have broke his will. 

Then Nia runs in at number thirty and inexplicably is beating up Randy Orton. She shakes off the RKO like Mark Henry or Kane would. I was hoping Braun would come back in and Nia would shit herself. But no this took multiple finishers to toss out someone who was pushed to the limit by Alexa Bliss last year.

The actual finishing sequence was done well, but I can't care now. Wrestling is dying, every year WWE gets a little less popular and by the time they realize it, it will be too late. 

In conclusion, I did not care for this show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Oyaji said:
  Hide contents

WWE Photo

Safe for work, spoilered for size and straightened hair. ? 

You can see how bad Dolph wants to be 1980's Bret Michaels. Dolph and Tyler Breeze should be paired together. Briggler, Zibreeze, Ziggeeze

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Read online that Nia Jax legitimately hurt R-Truth. If so, that's another name to be added to the list of people she's hurt. Not on.

6 hours ago, Victator said:

It hurts me to say this. But Nia gets the "Golden Moose Cholak" title from Stephanie. It might do her some good for some man or woman to bust her head.

When is someone going to say enough is enough and cut the fucking cord with Nia? She's not getting any better. The only thing setting her apart from the rest of the women is her size, which unfortunately is a detriment to those working with her. It's one thing to be a super heavyweight and be able to work safely, but Nia isn't able to do that. I don't know if she's just physcially unable or she just doesn't have much upstairs and doesn't get it. Nothing will probably be done until she injures HHH or nearly breaks Stephanie in half. I would have included potentially killing Vince, but if that happened, he'd likely get a massive erection and she'd get another title reign.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I think the whole thing with her is keeping the Rock happy. As long as gives the glimmer of hope of one more run, Golden Moose Jax is going to be pushed. She'll get dropped if Rock and Vince have a serious blow up like in the late 00s.

That's what I think as well. I was going to bring up The Rock in my post, but didn't for some reason. 

• Like 1

I was rewatching Sasha/Ronda and I didn't see it mentioned (or at least strongly emphasized), but HOLY SHIT, I dug Ronda yelling "You think I can't wrestle?!" and busting out the Three Amigos on Eddie Guerrero Superfan Sasha.  That was an epic troll job.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, nate said:

I was rewatching Sasha/Ronda and I didn't see it mentioned (or at least strongly emphasized), but HOLY SHIT, I dug Ronda yelling "You think I can't wrestle?!" and busting out the Three Amigos on Eddie Guerrero Superfan Sasha.  That was an epic troll job.

Ronda was miscast pretty badly as a face. There is really is nothing likable about her outside of her wrestling ability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ronda was miscast pretty badly as a face. There is really is nothing likable about her outside of her wrestling ability.

To be fair part of that is likely more on Ronda wanting to be liked opposed to WWE booking. Hopefully she learns to embrace the inner heel sooner than later like Shayna did.

• Like 1