DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2019 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah - considering the other thread is like 14 pages long already this will be the post show discussion.

And yet again I am being optimistic that the show is over by 11 pm

EDIT

Yup - considering the men's match clearly isn't starting till 10:30 at the earliest, I am pushing this back

• Haha 2

I've seen excited crowds for Rumble winners. I've seen furious crowds. I've never seen a crowd so bored and uncaring. 

Why in the world would they end the show with that instead of Becky's moment? All for the Nia stuff? Really? Was it REALLY worth it, WWE?

• Like 4

I hope you all have enjoyed WWE while it lasted.  Once Woke Twitter wakes up in the morning and sees the videos of Nia taking the Finisher Train in the Men's Rumble, the mob will be out and stock will take a massive hit by lunch.  Who the fuck greenlit that?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Matt D said:

I've seen excited crowds for Rumble winners. I've seen furious crowds. I've never seen a crowd so bored and uncaring. 

Why in the world would they end the show with that instead of Becky's moment?

The wrong Royal Rumble match went on last.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I have the opposite reaction to the men's Royal Rumble match winner. Fuckin' Rollins...

Better than Braun, my friend. 

If Braun can't get through a longish match without having to lay around on the floor, fuck him. 

• Like 2

Where to start. What day is it?   I thought this was a good show overall.  

Women's Royal Rumble started off shaky but the final 10-15 minutes was pretty damn awesome.  I loved the Naomi/Mandy stuff in there and then of course Becky coming out and taking it.  

Asuka vs. Becky was awesome.  

Sasha vs. Ronda had some nasty looking limb/submission work,  also awesome. 

Brock vs. Balor was great,  Brock's selling of the ribs was unique and the match was fantastic.  I hope we see The Demon but probably not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Women's rumble was great. Dude's was atrocious.

Whoa, opposite. Women's was really, really bad for about 75 percent and had a good ending. It really exposed the lack of depth and inexperience of a lot of the women's roster. Without the nostalgia and novelty I feel these are gonna be a struggle for the next few years 

Men's was good and fast moving. End was a bit on the flat side but glad that they actually book the people that should win to win these things. Also JEFF FUCKING JARRETT. 

• Like 2

Worst moments in the 2019 Men's Rumble.

5. When Andrade was eliminated because then it was really Dolph, Rollins and Braun.

4. The New Day Stuff: Look, if your ass is on the floor, you're out. Come on.

3. When Rey was eliminated, because he was sort of the last possible guy who could have won and have been acceptable. Andrade wasn't going to win. A Rey vs Bryan Mania title feud would be great.

2. Rollins winning.

1. I had done the math in my head and with three guys left, I knew it was Truth, Orton, and someone else. I knew there was a chance someone might take Truth's place, but probably in a gimmicky way since they did that already with Becky, so not a big star surprise winner or anything. 

Then out came Dolph Ziggler.

The bleakest of all definitions of "Someone Else."

• Like 2
  • Haha 6