DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

Okay.  Penelope Pink and Vickie Lynn McCoy are FUCKING AWESOME as a tag team.  According to cagematch.net, Vickie Lynn McCoy has had SEVEN matches?  There is no way she hasn't been wrestling for fifteen years.  She is the best second year wrestler in the history of wrestling.  She is a fricking female Terry Gordy.  But yeah, the main event against Foxy Fierce and Tiki Chamorro was the best match from the WOW Restart so far.

As usual, the main event was the match of the night. Good stuff from all involved. I'm digging the Fabulous Four. Vickie Lynn will make a good addition. 

Kandi Krush is going to need some back up soon. It would make sense for her to bring in Princess Aussie.

Robbie Rockette is a nice little trash talking heel. Decent match between her and Keta Rush. 

• Like 2

Really enjoyed Rocket/Keta despite some rough spots with moves not going quite as planned, but it made for more of a struggle within the match. Always dig BK Rhythm, she looks great even in defeat.

the Kandi Krush saga is thes best. Love her different promos and the signature pose with "Lets Goooooo" catchphrase. Good stuff from Holidead as usual. 

the When Lana Met Vickie skit was hilarious and awesome. Great main event indeed. Every time Tiki Chamorro, she's been a showstealer. Penelope's finisher is killer.

WOW needs to give a full release of some of these epic entrance themes. Americana's sounded great, really dug Holidead's here, and Leia Makoa's the other week. Looking forward to the big trios tag next week.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, DEAN said:

Okay.  Penelope Pink and Vickie Lynn McCoy are FUCKING AWESOME as a tag team.  According to cagematch.net, Vickie Lynn McCoy has had SEVEN matches?  There is no way she hasn't been wrestling for fifteen years.  She is the best second year wrestler in the history of wrestling.  She is a fricking female Terry Gordy.  But yeah, the main event against Foxy Fierce and Tiki Chamorro was the best match from the WOW Restart so far.

I caught up on WOW earlier. So Vickie is a rookie? Her whole persona screams grizzled vet working for the last twenty years in the middle of nowhere.

This weeks episode was pretty good. Robbie Rocket gets another win. Kandi Krush vs. Holidead was good up until the voodoo ending. I didn't figure McClane would splurge on two pairs of boxing gloves but he did.

All hail The Fabulous Four. This was the best Penelope Pink looked in the ring. Her finisher looked so crisp.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peck said:

I think they forgot to upload episode 15 to Youtube last weekend. 😞

Episode 15 (I assume because of Christmas) was just McLane hosting a Best of The Beast episode, showcasing her old matches.

Unless you just wanted to see those matches, here's a makeshift version of what was shown:

Spoiler

Beast vs. Stephy Slays (Season 1 episode 1, debut) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjTDPHw_kA
Beast vs. Krampus (Season 2 episode 6)
Beast vs. Azteca (Season 1 episode 6) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J743YgHQfvM
Beast vs. The Temptress (Season 3, episode 5) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OCHVzPgOiE
Beast vs. Faith the Lioness (Season 2, episode 9) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ajhVlmP4A
Beast vs. Tormenta vs. Reina Del Rey (Season 4, episode 6) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATwyHHaiUjs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYSnqy_BdTc  - This brief video of Beast being attacked was the only "new" footage aired. 

• Like 1

Fury is prolly the best wrestler in WOW who isn't Marina Tucker.  She looked great in the tag match against the Tonga Twins!  MALIA HOSAKA WRESTLES!  She looked pretty good for a gal who has been wrestling for THIRTY-FIVE years.  Okay, the Fab Four's car breaks down.  The (yes!  McLane's weirdest fetish is) HOT MECHANIC fixes her car.  So.  THEY NEED A RIDE TO WOW?  But she... fixed the car.  I am sensing a LACK OF LOGIC in this WOW vignette!  ZERO STARS!  Anyway, I love America so I love Jessie Jones, Sahara Spars and Americana!  U-S-A!  U-S-A!  U-S-A!  I also dig TEAM KAREN!  Samantha Smart is absolutely AWESOME as a simpering heel.  ICe Cold TAPS!  I think I am falling in love with WOW all over again!  BIG RIG BETTY!

• Like 3

Favorite matches of the show were Reina vs Vivian and The Heavy Metal Sisters vs The Tonga Twins. 

The main was entertaining but seemed to end just as things were really picking up.

Dug the corny skit with Holly Swag, Big Rig Betty, and the Fab Four (Five?)

• Like 2

Felt like we hadn't seen the Heavy Metal Sisters in awhile, so it was good to see them back briefly. Razor will always be one of my favorites.

Fun little match from Malia. Enjoyed the video package on Exile, awesome heel group.

Reina/Vivian was pretty good, dug their unexpected chain wrestling sequences. Nice slingshot suplex/neckbreaker finish.

The Fab Four car vignette was hilarious and a great way to introduce new characters, them being actual mother and daughter is a nice touch. Haley J/Holly was the best here

Really liked the buildup to the trios main event making it feel like a big deal. The actual match was disappointing but understood if it was to set up an even bigger 8 or 10 woman tag next

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Haley J/Holly was the best here

That was Haley J? Awesome!   I really don't recognize a lot of gals in their new gimmicks.  Who is Big Rig Betty?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

That was Haley J? Awesome!   I really don't recognize a lot of gals in their new gimmicks.  Who is Big Rig Betty?

Believe Betty is Amazing Maria, who's also Haley Js mom. Believe she trains the women wrestlers in OVW.

• Like 2

BK Rhythm and Robbie Rocket are the new best in-ring tag team in WOW!  Coach Campanelli and Randi Rah-Rah are continuing their slow break up but I like their goofy double team maneuvers.  Penelope Pink and Vickie Lynn McCoy are so fucking awesome.  Tiki Chamorra kinda sucks in the ring but she is such a fun babyface.  Leia Mokoa is your SUPERWORKER of the tag team.  Foxxy Fierce and Chantelly Chella are another good babyface tagteam and Kandi Krush making dramatically HIDEOUS faces while CHEATING to beat Chainsaw and Holidead was quite a highlight of this episode.

• Like 3

A night of solid tag wrestling. BK & Robbie are perfect together as a team, great pairing. I love the Coach/Randi dynamic, Coach continues to be hilarious on the mic. Kandi Krush is greatness, LETS GOOOOOO!

Really surprising to see Tormenta take the loss vs. Vivian and relatively quickly. She looked good upon return, but I liked the finish as being really out of nowhere.

Loved all the drama and reactions in the Beast and Jungle segment. "No not like this!!" Nice Rocky 3 esque setup for Beast's eventual return.

Solid main event tag. I always love Tiki matches, Leia is killer and the fab 4 deliver. Vickie Lynn's Pink Thunder finisher was epic. 

• Like 2

Really fun main. Tiki is adorable and Leia is legit. And the Fab 4 have become one of my favorite WOW acts. 

Always cool to see Jungle Grrrl back. Wonder if we are due another weird tournament for the world title.

Chantilly and Foxy make quite the unit and should mesh well with Kandy Krush. Digging the progress of her feud with the Voodoo Crew. And, as always, enjoyed the promo with Siren. This is the kinda stuff that makes WOW WOW.

Nice double team moves from Randi and Coach. Surprised they got the win as the BK/Robbie team looks promising.

Also pleased to see Vivian get a surprise win over Tormenta. I can't explain it but there's just something appealing about Vivian that makes me root for her. 

• Like 2

Exile is always so good, they come off like stars. Always great to see the Heavy Metal Sisters, so this made for a fun unique heel/heel match.

I like that we're still getting new debuts. Jennifer Flores aka Jazmin Allure looked fantastic, love the springboard cutter. Was really surprised she didn't get the win, but her and Gigi packed a lot in to five mins.

Reina/Spars was surprisingly short for two top women, but solid. Reina's Low Rider finish rules. AJ has become a highlight on commentary.

Trios main was fun. Jessie Jones' armbar is the most killer finisher, almost always getting the instant tapout. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Exile is always so good, they come off like stars. Always great to see the Heavy Metal Sisters, so this made for a fun unique heel/heel match.

I like that we're still getting new debuts. Jennifer Flores aka Jazmin Allure looked fantastic, love the springboard cutter. Was really surprised she didn't get the win, but her and Gigi packed a lot in to five mins.

Reina/Spars was surprisingly short for two top women, but solid. Reina's Low Rider finish rules. AJ has become a highlight on commentary.

Trios main was fun. Jessie Jones' armbar is the most killer finisher, almost always getting the instant tapout. 

That was prolly the best in-ring episode.  So ICE COLD is the best in-ring gal in WOW?  She made everyone look totally awesome.  I an stoked about Coach Campanelli/ Randi Rah Rah vs the Tongah Twins.

• Like 2

Good stuff between The Heavy Metal Sisters and Exile.

Jennifer Flores has to be  my favorite debut so far. She came off really strong even in defeat. Now, I want a match between her and Robbie Rocket.

Nice but short showing for Reina and Sahara, who was not afraid to die for our sins.

Trios match was nice fun, despite a scary spill from Ice Cold. 

• Like 2

Good seeing my girl, Princess Aussie, back and a fine match with BK

Really liked the trios match as well. I've been digging this feud and storyline with the gloves so I'm glad to see that it looks like it's continuing. And I like the chemistry between Foxy and Chantilly. 

Super surprised to see Coach and Randi defeat the Tonga Twins. A definite upset.

Strong showing from Leia in the main. Would have liked to actually see more of her and Tormenta. 

Bring on the gauntlet!

• Like 1

BK Rhythm is great, the always reliable opener. Also glad to see Aussie back.

Agreed on the trios match, Kandi Krush is always fun to watch.

Definite upset in the tag match, was shocked to see that, especially clean. Coach is the best, loving the team with her and Randi.

Main event was super short but Leia continues to come off like a big star. Figured Tormenta didn't have a chance coming off another loss, but it was nice while it lasted. Leia & Wrecking Ball were beating the crap out of each other at the end there, should be another great one. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

what in the hell happened to Commander Sahara Spars! this is more bizarre than the entire tag tournament. Her last match was acknowledged, but then she is talked about like a new debuting Amber Rodriguez despite the previous long backstory video we had on Spars. 

Another new partner for Keta Rush, they worked well together. As do the great heel team of Rhythm & Rockett.  

Malia/Tiki short and solid, Exile vs. the Tonga Twins next week should be epic.

Great main event. Miami Sweet Heat are an awesome team, the Fab 4 make an epic heel stable. 

• Like 1

Nice opener. I'm enjoying BK and Robbie as a team. Jen Z continues to impress.

Malia and Tiki played well off of each other. Decent match despite Exile very blatantly cheating lol I can get behind Tiki and the Tonga Twins Vs Exile 

I feel like I missed some story with Commander Spars suddenly going back to Amber Rodriguez and a total character change lol it's that type of stuff that makes WOW WOW. Jessi and Americana make a nice duo and loved Lauren cracking up a bit announcing the winners after the "makeover"

Love that all it takes is a few annoying text messages to earn you a tag title shot. The Fab Four remains one of my favorite acts. Enjoyed Miami Sweet Heat Vs Holly and Betty. Looked like Penelope Pink about killed Holly on that Pretty in Pink lol 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

what in the hell happened to Commander Sahara Spars! this is more bizarre than the entire tag tournament. Her last match was acknowledged, but then she is talked about like a new debuting Amber Rodriguez despite the previous long backstory video we had on Spars. 

I feel like we were shorted an episode or something. And strange to refer to her as Amber even when showing the old match in her Spars attire lol 

• Like 1

Nice to see two of my favorite teams go at it. Love both the Heavy Metal Sisters and Chantilly/Foxxy. Decent opener.

Another great match between Tormenta and Vivian. Definitely would have loved a few more minutes between the two of them. 

Enjoyed the main. Exile and the Tonga Twins played well off of each other. Cool to see Tiki get involved too to continue last week's shenanigans. 

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1