DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

16 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Both looked good and I bought Penelope's diamond dust as a possible finish. 

They almost got me on the Diamond Dust too. I was like "damn! They stripping Abilene already?" lol 

• Like 1

Welcome back to the Disciplnarian! Good to see her again. Great start to the trios tournament

Nice little match from Gloria Glitter and Tiki, more like what I hoped for Gloria vs Stephy. Gloria has shined in all her matches thus far.

Awesome debut for Lil J Boogie in a super fun match with Chantilly Chella. Looks to be a fantastic addition to the roster.

Main event was a nice continuation of the feud coming off the tag from 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Opening trios match was great. Stephy Slays & The Mighty Mights is the perfect underdog babyface team while Exile is an awesome heel unit. I don't like the forced dissension in Exile, but Genesis has been fantastic in her role here.

Kandi vs Penelope was good stuff. Like seeing Krush in the mix with the former champ. Great post-match promo from Penelope.

Beast vs Tormenta was a fast paced brawl with an epic finish. 

Main event 4way tag was a blast, love the super heel win for Miami Sweet Heat.

• Like 1

Loved the set up of Americana vs Jessie, including pissed off Levi lol Americana and Santana legit look like they could be sisters. Surprised that Americana took the loss in the main as the All American Girls have been getting their asses pretty much handed to them by Amber and Jessie. 

The Brat Pack win was a forgone conclusion. Chantilly and Spring Break can't buy themselves a win lately lol With Lil J, I would say that the Brat Pack almost come off as faces

Adriana Gambino continues to look fantastic. She's got to be getting a title match soon. 

I just can't get into Chainsaw so I wasn't too happy to see her beat Fury, who seems to sadly be in a similar situation as Chantilly and them. 

• Like 1

Lil J Boogie suddenly being with the Brat Pack was not the direction I saw things going based off last week's backstage segment, but she ended up fitting in quite well in the solid trios opener.

Gambino vs Goldie was really good after not expecting much from what was seemingly a heel vs heel match but both came off great. 7 match win streak for Adriana.

Fury put up a solid fight against Chainsaw, thought they matched up well. I had forgotten that we never saw Foxxy Fierce ever again after being launched through the wall. That didn't feel like so long ago but I wonder if she comes back or not.

Main event was a very good grudge match. the Levi saga always makes it all the more entertaining. Gotta love the we're outta time finish as Amber has Santana trapped in the back.

Figured the trios tournament would have craziness in it like the Mighty Mights being eliminated earlier but re-entering with a new partner. Fun match, almost thought they'd pull it off but a nice finish from Tormenta.

Rebel Haze with the upset in a good match with Gloria Glitter. Rebel is an amusing character.

The Leader of the Pack triple threat was different, a bit awkward of a seeming stable breakup for IQ Superior but a cool finish and win for GI Jane. 

Tonga Twins/Last Call was an exciting main event, with another very decisive win for the Tonga Twins like their last match.

• 2 weeks later...

Catching up on 2 weeks of WOW

Crazy opening with the trios match ending in injury resulting in a no contest and basically saying they'll redo it later. I was surprised how much focus they put on it but it did give a realistic/live show vibe to things. Replaying it again later made it seem like an easy way to make it angle to put Coach back in the tournament since she was substituted in this match.

Miami Sweet Heat vs. Mother Truckers was chaotic. Laurie busting out a Coast to Coast was awesome. I thought Miami would pull off the win here so was surprised by the result, but the finish was pretty much perfect with the Truckers blocking the double suicide dives with road signs, that ruled. Then Vicki & Penelope just beat them with trash cans afterwards.

Very good main event from Abilene vs Aussie in the title rematch. Aussie's full nelson suplex and rana looked great, but Abilene still sneaks out the victory. Unique episode with 3 matches instead of the usual 4 and the main event getting a little more time.
==
Onto this past week, fun trios opener with some unique spots. Loved Genesis getting the big win and Exile finally seemingly being back on the same page as a unit. I wanna see them go all the way and win the trios titles.

Beating Chainsaw was a great victory for GI Jane. Jessie Jones/Santana was a solid continuation of that feud. Gambino/Aussie next week should be awesome. 

Main event seemed to come out of nowhere coming off Miami Sweet Heat losing last week so I guess their punishment was only they weren't getting the 'first' title shot, but I love to see them regain the gold anyways, my favorite team. Fun match and heel work to steal the win.

• 2 weeks later...

Gambino/Aussie delivered the goods. Great win for Gambino to continue the streak.

Rebel Haze and Fury as sort of a new Heavy Metal Sisters made for a fun team. Nice to see the Disciplinarian pick up the win though for IQ Superior

Tiki/Gloria was a fun little match, felt like a big win for Tiki. The post-match backstage scene made me interested in a Gloria/Kandi Krush team even though I guess Kandi will be turning for it.

Main event was a blast. The Fab 4 are always great. Back to back big wins for the Mother Truckers, nice setup for them getting the next tag title shot. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 8:47 AM, Momo said:

Really want to catch up with this, may you help me with something like a "best of" last year? Thanks in advance!

I went back through the past year+ of results and picked out what I thought were the one or two best matches from each episode.  Just recommendations as of course you can pick & choose any you'd like!

Going back to the beginning of 2023, here's a list of what I considered the best matches throughout 2023 into 2024. (Though there was a season changeover in the middle of the year so some talents rotated out while others came in.)

I believe most everything is on their Youtube channel @WOWSuperheroes either match by match or in 30 minute cuts of the full episodes. Not sure if including all the storyline angles that play out over time such as Kandi Krush's stolen boxing gloves or the Mother Truckers going to jail, but those bits are often great too.

Note that most WOW matches are 5 minutes or under with an occasional few going a little longer than that. Generally each episode is 4 matches.

Spoiler

1. Reina Del Rey vs. Vivian Rivera (Episode 17, aired January 7, 2023)
2. Coach Campinelli & Randi Rah Rah vs. BK Rhythm & Robbie Rockett (Episode 18, aired January 14, 2023) - Highlights Coach and BK as two of the best WOW characters, the Coach/Randi dynamic, and I was a huge fan of Robbie Rocket while she was there.
3. Penelope Pink & Vickie Lynn McCoy vs. Leia Makoa & Tiki Chamorro (Episode 18, aired January 14, 2023) - Establishes the Fab 4 as the dominant heel unit, a breakout for Tiki, and Leia was excellent in her time.
4. Exile vs. Heavy Metal Sisters + Gigi Gianni vs. Jennifer Florez (Episode 19, aired January 21, 2023) Sidenote in looking through previous posts, DEAN called this the best in-ring episode up to this point.
5. Miami Sweet Heat vs. The Mother Truckers (Episode 21, aired February 4, 2023) - I'll probably recommend all Miami Sweet Heat matches as I think they are just the best, fun looking back that these two teams are still feuding today. At this time, DEAN called this maybe the best match in the history of WOW.
6. The Tonga Twins vs. Exile + Vivian Rivera vs. Tormenta (Episode 22, aired February 11, 2023)
7. Leia Makoa vs Wrecking Ball + Chainsaw vs. Kandi Krush (Episode 23, aired February 18, 2023) - Not necessarily good but notable for Leia/Wrecking Ball having legit heat coming out of this, and I'm a huge fan of the entire Kandi Krush 'stolen boxing gloves' angle and of Kandi in general so I gotta recommend that.
8. Princess Aussie vs. Penelope Pink (Episode 24, aired February 25, 2023) 
9. Kandi Krush vs. Chainsaw + WOW Title Gauntlet (Episode 25, aired March 4, 2023) - the absolute peak of the Kandi gloves saga (particularly the haunted house runthrough), the Gauntlet was joined in progress but notable for crowning a new champion and the unique atmosphere of taking place at LA ComicCon rather than the usual arena.
10. Robbie Rocket vs. Vivian Rivera (Episode 26, aired March 11, 2023)
11. Genesis vs. Tiki Chamorro (Episode 27, aired March 18, 2023)
12. Miami Sweet Heat vs. Coach Campinelli & Randi Rah Rah (Episode 28, aired March 25, 2023)
13. Vickie Lynn McCoy vs. Princess Aussie (Episode 29, aired April 1, 2023)
14. Penelope Pink vs. Leia Makoa (Episode 30, aired April 8, 2023)
15. Kandi Krush vs. Genesis (Episode 31, aired April 15, 2023)
16. GI Jane & The Disciplinarian vs. Coach Campinelli & Randi Rah Rah + Island Dynasty vs. The Fab 4 (Episode 32, aired April 22, 2023)
17. Exile vs. Kandi Krush & Princess Aussie (Episode 33, aired April 29, 2023)
18. Leia Makoa & Tiki Chamorro vs. Las Bandidas (Episode 34, aired May 6, 2023)
19. Exile vs. Kandi Krush, Princess Aussie, & Keta Rush (Episode 35, aired May 13, 2023)
20. Chantilly Chella vs. Gigi Gianni + Coach Campinelli & Randi Rah Rah vs. Samantha Smart & The Disciplinarian - School Yard Brawl (Episode 37, aired May 27, 2023)
21. Tonga Twins vs. Miami Sweet Heat - (Episode 38, aired June 3, 2023)
22. Coach Campinelli & Randi Rah Rah vs. Genesis & Ice Cold (Episode 39, aired June 10, 2023)
23. Kandi Krush vs Gigi Gianni + Princess Aussie vs Tormenta (Episode 40, aired June 17, 2023)
24. Genesis & Ice Cold vs. Team Spirit (Episode 41, aired June 24, 2023)
25. Sylvia Sanchez vs. Keta Rush + Penelope Pink vs. Kandi Krush (Episode 42, aired July 1, 2023)
26. Miami Sweet Heat vs. Mother Truckers (Episode 43, aired July 8, 2023)
27. Tormenta vs. Robbie Rocket (Episode 44, aired July 15, 2023)
28. Kandi Krush & Princess Aussie vs. Penelope Pink & Vickie Lynn McCoy (Episode 45, aired July 22, 2023)
29. Tonga Twins vs. Gigi Gianni & Robbie Rocket + Miami Sweet Heat vs. Team Spirit (Episode 46, aired July 29, 2023)
30. Kandi Krush vs. GI Jane (Episode 47, aired August 5, 2023)
31. Gigi Gianni vs. Tiki Chamorro + Princess Aussie vs. Vickie Lynn McCoy (Episode 48, aired August 12, 2023)
32. Tormenta vs. Jennifer Florez + Foxxy Fierce vs. Robbie Rocket (Episode 49, aired August 19, 2023) - Tormenta/Florez being *super standout* and one of the all time best WOW matches
33. Miami Sweet Heat vs. Tonga Twins - Falls Count Anywhere (Episode 50, aired August 26, 2023)
34. Penelope Pink vs. Princess Aussie (Episode 51, aired September 2, 2023)
35. Adriana Gambino vs. Jennifer Florez + Miami Sweet Heat vs Spring Break 24/7 (Episode 53, aired September 16, 2023) - This began the new/current "season" of WOW
36. Princess Aussie vs. Holidead + Kandi Krush vs. Katarina Jinx (Episode 54, aired September 23, 2023)
37. Exile vs. Americana & Jessie Jones + Penelope Pink vs. Princess Aussie vs. Tormenta (Episode 55, aired September 30, 2023)
38. Brat Pack vs. Team Spirit + Tonga Twins vs. Miami Sweet Heat (Episode 56, aired October 7, 2023)
39. Kandi Krush vs. Gloria Glitter + Princess Aussie vs Penelope Pink (Episode 57, aired October 14, 2023)
40. Coach Campanelli vs. Gigi Gianni + Tonga Twins vs. Miami Sweet Heat - No DQ Tornado Match (Episode 58, aired October 21, 2023)
41. The Beast vs. Vickie Lynn McCoy (Episode 59, aired October 28, 2023) - more angle than match, but a fun setup
42. Kandi Krush vs. Goldie Collins + Princess Aussie vs. Tormenta (Episode 60, aired November 4, 2023)
43. Fury vs. Holidead + Miami Sweet Heat vs. Las Bandidas (Episode 61, aired November 11, 2023)
44. Princess Aussie vs. Gloria Glitter + The Beast vs. Vickie Lynn McCoy - Falls Count Anywhere (Episode 62, aired November 18, 2023)
45. Kandi Krush vs. The Classmaster + Tonga Twins vs. Last Call (Episode 63, aired Novembr 25, 2023)
46. Exodus vs. Keta Rush + Mother Truckers vs. Miami Sweet Heat (Episode 64, aired December 2, 2023)
47. Genesis vs. Jessie Jones + WOW Championship Challenge (Episode 65, aired December 9, 2023)
48. Kandi Krush vs. Exodus + The Beast vs. Abilene Maverick (Episode 66, aired December 16, 2023)
49. Coach Campanelli vs. Goldie Collins + Last Call vs. The Mighty Mights (Episode 67, aired December 23, 2023)
50. Kandi Krush vs. Genesis (Episode 68, aired December 30, 2023)
51. Miami Sweet Heat vs. The Mighty Mights + Penelope Pink vs. Abilene Maverick (Episode 69, aired January 6, 2024)
52. Chantilly Chella vs. Lil J Boogie (Episode 70, aired January 13, 2024)
53. Penelope Pink vs. Kandi Krush + Tag Team 4 Way (Episode 71, aired January 20, 2024)
54. Adriana Gambino vs. Goldie Collins (Episode 72, aired January 27, 2024)
55. Gloria Glitter vs. Rebel Haze (Episode 73, aired February 3, 2024)
56. Miami Sweet Heat vs. Mother Truckers - No DQ Match + Princess Aussie vs. Abilene Maverick (Episode 74, aired February 10, 2024)
57. Tonga Twins vs. Miami Sweet Heat (Episode 75, aired February 17, 2024)
58. Adriana Gambino vs. Princess Aussie + Mother Truckers vs. Penelope Pink & Vickie Lynn McCoy (Episode 76, aired February 24, 2024)

This was a lot more than I expected, seriously, big thanks for this list.

I've seen like half of the matches, loved Kandi Krush, Miami Sweet Heat and The Beast. I think now I have enough reasons to start following this, thanks again!

• Like 1

Catching this week's episode, great trios opener that put importance on the trios tournament. Lil J Boogie has been a highlight. Coach Campinelli is the star

Holidead vs Goldie Collins was good stuff. Goldie is always a standout.

Kandi Krush vs Ice Cold was short but solid, two of my favorites that always shine when given the chance.

Main event was a fun revenge match/blowoff to a long running feud.  Next week looks great with two big title matches to look forward to.

On 3/3/2024 at 12:09 AM, Momo said:

This was a lot more than I expected, seriously, big thanks for this list.

I've seen like half of the matches, loved Kandi Krush, Miami Sweet Heat and The Beast. I think now I have enough reasons to start following this, thanks again!

Awesome, some of my favorites as well. Glad you are enjoying, you're welcome and welcome to the WOW!

Sad to see Miami Sweet Heat lose the titles again so quick, but a deserved win for the Mother Truckers after such a long rivalry and an awesome match to open up. The gimmick matches always deliver in WOW, especially when MSH are involved. This one had some stiff shots and killer bumps throughout. 

Great build to the main event rematch. Didn't expect it to be a double title change episode so I kept wondering how Abilene would pull it off. Amazing heel work there as I thought for sure Beast won it in the end, but the chase continues.

This week was all about the Trios titles and the big swerve. I gotta say that WOW shocked me with that one but I'm here for it. Coach's motivation makes sense and there has been a slow build to this. 

I guess Vivian RIvera is gone now, which sucks. She was one of my early faves.

Still not into this wonky "Beast and the brass knucks" bit unless they shock us with a swerve. 

• Like 1

Wild twist in the trios finals. Didn't expect a full on Coach heel turn. First it was replacing the team, then it seemed like they'd all be together as a supergroup, and finally the turn. For a second I almost thought Coach was gonna bring up Randi Rah Rah in the post match promo.  Personally wanted to see Exile win the tournament but this works too. Coach has always been great, I gotta love one of my top favs Kandi Krush coming out on top in all this and Gloria Glitter has been excellent ever since coming in. Good stuff all around.

Elsewhere, Angel Rose looked solid in the New Las Bandidas. Mother Truckers had a nice first defense over IQ Superior. 

• Like 1

I love that you two are just off watching W.O.W. It's like you guys live in a different reality than the rest of us and we get correspondences from you once in a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Top Tier came off looking like bosses with their trophy and matching sweatsuits lol I love it. I can definitely get behind this unit. And nice promo from Ariel Sky.

Solid opener with Aussie vs Jinx.  The dragon suplex by Aussie was nice too and she got a much needed win. Reina coming out and destroying Aussie should lead to a good matchup between the two. And it looks like, with Wrecking Ball out, Adriana has stepped in to partner with Reina.

So, it looks like Fury and Rebel Haze are an official tag team. I can dig it. Good stuff as expected with them vs Sweet Heat. Great heeling from Sweet Heat and Lana and that senton splash move from Fury was pretty sweet.

Cool surprise win for Tiki against Tormenta, all to set up Bandidas/Tormenta vs Tiki/Tongas, which should be fun.

The main was pretty good as Penelope Pink remains one of WOW’s most solid. Probably GI Jane’s best showing yet.

Edited by Jamal
  • Like 1

watching a WOW episode on Vice because I wanna see the 10 minutes of the Brutus episode that I missed

not sure if Tiki and Chamorro are really from the same island.. some of these camera angles make it look like the ring is shaped like a rectangle.

Edit: Vickie Lynn McCoy with some stellar main event commentary as Penelope Pink eats offense for awhile before hitting her finish and beating GI Jane.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1

Join us Matt D!

My recording randomly had something else on and started WOW 15 minutes late, so I waited for the upload of the opener. Aussie/Jinx was quick but good stuff. Aussie's dragon suplex looked killer and could've been the finish. 

Miami Sweet Heat vs The New Heavy Metal Sisters was great and got a solid amount of time. Nice looking Fab Jab finish. I love the Sweet Heat's screaming heel promos. 

Tiki beating Tormenta and pretty quick was a nice upset, dug the trios setup afterwards.  Solid main event and I like the showing for GI Jane being in the main event mix, finish came out of nowhere.

7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

So is the GI Jane gimmick an indirect reference to Jada Pinkett Smith (and why Chris Rock got slapped) or has she had that gimmick for awhile?

Her look is sort of a Grace Jones look which would be a little too out of the wheelhouse of a WOW.

She debuted in mid-2022 shortly after that incident, but the gimmick comes from her legit background of being a drill sergeant in the army.