DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Balor, Clubbed - 1/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Food for thought: At the time of this post, only two official WWE Youtube videos from last's Raw have more than a million views. One is Braun flipping the limo with 1.9M. And at 1.8M, we have...

I am outraged and offended. I get more offended each time I watch it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Greggulator said:

In all seriousness, Heavy Machinery (and Otis) are going to be really fun mid-card comedy acts. Maybe they break out more than that but that is what they are built for. 

I want a "steaks and weights" tshirt NOW

As an unabashed Finn Balor mark, I dug all this show. Hell, even bought into Cena at the end when he said there was one more person who believed in Finn. This is the kind of stuff, on the other hand, that can drive you insane about this company. In two nights(figuring in the surprise appearance at UK Takeover), they managed to make Finn look like more of a star then they have in months. They have the ability to do this kind of stuff anytime they want, but seem to focus more on silly shit that just shine a light on the weaknesses of the talent. I know in my heart it will all end with BROCK SMASH, but at least for now I'm just going to enjoy seeing my boy get the spotlight

42 minutes ago, Victator said:

The Midnight Express and I think the Powers Of Pain. 

I feel like the Express were already incredibly over. PoP did leave before they got crushed, so it might be true for them.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Road Warriors, they were over as fuck and drew money. I just don't think they ever really helped anyone else out much, at least on screen.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

I feel like the Express were already incredibly over. PoP did leave before they got crushed, so it might be true for them.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Road Warriors, they were over as fuck and drew money. I just don't think they ever really helped anyone else out much, at least on screen.

I think the weight lifting angle and actually hurting Animal did a lot for them. If they had actually done those scaffold matches, I think would have been literally crushed. 

I know Dusty really wanted to make the 88 Bashes a success, but surely they could have done anything else. I know the Midnites and Fantastics ended up doing them, which makes more sense.

The PoP were the only time a Road Warriors power vs power feud worked. Minus maybe the Disasters feud. I don't think the Russians feuded with them long. 

Sorry I am way off topic.  

I thought the Alexa Bliss thing backstage bit was dumb. I've never understood WWE's invisible camera man gimmick and how/when that started. Even Iron Sheik knew there was a camera man in front of him. 

However, the bit clearly served its purpose for WWE. It did the job WWE wanted it to do. Not saying I approve, but this controversy and attention is exactly why they put it on TV. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So...fuck Hawk for no-selling piledrivers or RVD's five-star frog splash in LOD's last Raw appearance?

Hawk is a freak of nature with neck muscles that could break leather collars by flexing.  His gimmick was a monstrous killing machine better served in the fictional dystopian Australian outback than in modern times.

Seth is a guy who does cross fit.  His gimmick is the guy who has a catch phrase that does not tie to his character at all.

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

Hawk is a freak of nature with neck muscles that could break leather collars by flexing.  His gimmick was a monstrous killing machine better served in the fictional dystopian Australian outback than in modern times.

Seth is a guy who does cross fit.  His gimmick is the guy who has a catch phrase that does not tie to his character at all.

Tell'em, Goodear!

• Haha 2

See when Dean Ambrose came back from his injury, he'd gained quite a bit of muscle and looked a lot more intimidating, and believably tough? Why's he all skinny and stringy again? Does he not know his boss is a muscle mark?

I say the following as someone that's sitting on his couch eating wings...

Assuming that most if not all WWE workers are workout freaks, it's not shocking when someone comes back he/she has more muscle. But I'd assume it's much harder to keep that up on the road eating at random places and not getting consistent sleep.

Have you seen the recent picture of Owens? He's slimmed down. Alister Black looked way bigger when he came back this fall. And you can usually spot a drop off in how people look from NXT to the main roster because of the travel schedule.

Not sure where I saw it, probably a Ride Along or a 24, but someone joked about those in NXT shape and how you had to wait a month or two after a call up before they get into Main Roster shape when the road has caught up to them. That's usually where they hover at until the next time they're injured (unless your Big Cass, then you just come back shinier).

• Like 1